Week 11: Rams (7-2) at VIKINGS (7-2)

swede700

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I think there's a case that MN has the best defense in the NFL. The crowd didn't the Rams at all, seems they weren't equipped to handle it.

I had a feeling going in that the crowd would play a key role and I was right. Oh yeah, and the defense is decent too....

Offense sells tickets.

Defense wins games.

Sacks, fumbles figured into winning the key battles of field position and turnovers.

The fumble by LA before the half was more important than most think in turning the momentum in Minnesota's favor, as was the drive at the start of the 2nd half.

Penalties were even, thus a 'wash' in the scheme of things.

But, in the end, the defense was the key to the win, more so than the other key factors.

10 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Had the pleasure of going to the game today and man is the energy great there!  Crowd definitely played a factor, US Bank has turned into a very real home field advantage.

I was worried the crowd would lose it's energy after that first drive by the Rams but the kept it up and it paid off. 

I try not to get to low when things are going bad with the Vikes and, likewise, I try not to get to excited when things are going well (I will get really excited and act like an idiot when the final gun sounds in the Super Bowl and the Vikings have the winning score!)  However, I will state that this may be the most balanced team the Vikings have put on the field in quite awhile!.  I think two particular squads that have seem the most improved play have been the offensive line and the linebackers!  I want to see the improvement continue.

11 hours ago, Freakish Mind said:

I agree with this 100%.      Doesn't really have a face for the camera, but did an excellent job calling the game.   

Way better than Romo. Not in your face, knowledgeable and gives off the *I'd watch the game and have a beer with this guy* vibe. 

When Rhodes went down my heart dropped. This team relies heavily on him being shut down. Good to see Waynes, Alexander, Newman not getting completely exposed while he was out. 

Theilen being elite is probably my favorite storyline so far this year. That dagger he put on the Rams yesterday was so much fun. 

Only thing that didn't go well for the Vikings, seemingly, this game was the kicking game. And I'm not worried about Forbath long term. There was the first drive, but shutting down that offense was impressive. That was just a great job by our defense, and they commented on this late in the game yesterday, the Rams are a team that need to play from the front because that's the strength of their defense. Not necessarily the DB's, but the defensive line is built to pass rush not run stop, especially against a good offensive line which we somehow have.

We see our defense give up long drives, and occasionally point on the first drive, a lot. And I can’t help but believe that it’s something that Zimmer allows by design. 

Every team has their first drive (5-10 or so plays) scripted. And it’s almost as if Zimmer let’s opposing teams run those plays, and sacrifices that first drive, so that he gets to see what the opponent’s game plan is. Then he makes his adjustments and the defense tightens up.

Archived