Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

15 hours ago, KBS756 said:

There is a legit chance ... Flacco plays well enough with the talent we have around him, to keep Zach on the bench for a couple weeks more than just the opener.

We should be significantly better than last year, losing becton and having Zach go down like this is a bummer though.

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ummm Flacco is not starting week 2. I don't care what he does. He is not the future and this team still wants to know what they have in Zach. Now if Zach has a run of bad games they could pull the "He got hurt and will be out a few weeks" move and put Flacco back in. If this happens then the Jets are looking at QB. I hate to say it but I don't see Zach making and big strides at all this year. I think he struggles a lot again and the Jets have to decided if they want to move on from him. Most people have us sitting around 4-5 wins this year. I have the Jets at 7 wins as the most. I do think we beat the Pats this year and Miami. They will probably lose to the Bills twice. 

He might start Week 2 if Wilson isn't ready yet. But once Wilson is ready, he is starting 100%.  The Jets need to find out if Wilson is the future or not, sitting him does not do that. Yes Flacco is going to be a steady player, the guy has played for a long time and seen and done it all. He has experience that Wilson doesn't have yet. But Wilson brings the ability to extend plays and move around, Flacco is going to be like a sitting duck back there. 

The team will play this close to their chest. No need to lean one way or the other especially publicly even though the media will ask a million questions about Zach’s status. Flacco has been steady for us in spot duty going back to Gase/Darnold years so he isn’t a terrible option for a young team. 

Looks like the the O was clicking yesterday.

Hoping this OL can get on the same page fast with in essence 2 new things going on with Brown new and Fant moved. The run game is going to have to be key for this team to be successful. So they need to be good to great, not average. 

Maybe deserving of his own thread but figured I would drop it here for now.  Joe Klecko got one of the senior HOF nominations.  From what I heard that means he's a near lock to get in.  Well deserved for a great Jet.  Shame it took this long.  Revis is up next year too so it's very likely that we'll see two Jets go into the HOF next year and maybe even see the Jets play the HOF game.  

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Maybe deserving of his own thread but figured I would drop it here for now.  Joe Klecko got one of the senior HOF nominations.  From what I heard that means he's a near lock to get in.  Well deserved for a great Jet.  Shame it took this long.  Revis is up next year too so it's very likely that we'll see two Jets go into the HOF next year and maybe even see the Jets play the HOF game.  

Ya Klecko should have been in years ago. Revis will be in no problem and then after that I really don't see much. 

5 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Anyone else notice they report things differently when it's Flacco compared to Wilson?  Wilson goes 8/10 with a TD and pick and they say Wilson had a terrible pick! Flacco goes 8/10 with 0 TD and a pick and they say Flacco had 8 straight completions and a great day!

Yeah. It's pretty obvious that reporters have certain agendas. It's nothing new though. The truth is that Flacco hasn't been a good QB in years. 

44 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

he is a career game manager. he will give us average QB play at his best.

I don't think he is average any more. I think Mike White should be starting, Lets face it Flacco is just another coach on this team. Mike White could bring value if he plays well in the preseason. 

27 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think he is average any more. I think Mike White should be starting, Lets face it Flacco is just another coach on this team. Mike White could bring value if he plays well in the preseason. 

If Mike White was outplaying Flacco in practice he'd be starting. He isn't.