Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve been embarrassed a lot as a Browns fan in my life. This is actually a low point, and yet it’s freed me up mentally to not be nearly as invested or care about something so trivial as pro football in the grand scheme of life.

With the Cowboys being a complete mess, knowing that Stephen is going to run the team into the ground by being stingy, the last two years I haven’t been nearly as invested in the team. 

It’s been great. 

Browns have endured some terrible QBs but having an absolute sociopath abuser type and going all in on this dude as the face of the franchise? Utterly ridiculous.

What's scary is that I'm not aware of him taking responsibility for or acknowledging his wrongdoing and trying to be repentant. If that were the case you'd say give the guy a chance, but in light of how this has been handled better put him in jail before he hurts more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lark25 said:

Browns have endured some terrible QBs but having an absolute sociopath abuser type and going all in on this dude as the face of the franchise? Utterly ridiculous.

What's scary is that I'm not aware of him taking responsibility for or acknowledging his wrongdoing and trying to be repentant. If that were the case you'd say give the guy a chance, but in light of how this has been handled better put him in jail before he hurts more.

I mean i'm sure all 60+ masseuses' all randomly decided to give Watson a happy ending with no coercion whatsoever. 

• Like 3

Is there a world where Watson is suspended indefinitely, Cleveland still loses all picks they handed over in the trade, and they relinquish the cap space they had allotted to Watson? Because if so, that would be a whole new level of Browns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Is there a world where Watson is suspended indefinitely, Cleveland still loses all picks they handed over in the trade, and they relinquish the cap space they had allotted to Watson? Because if so, that would be a whole new level of Browns.

Honestly at this point, the league should nullify the trade (aside from draft picks already used), and void the contract 

57 minutes ago, Danger said:

Honestly at this point, the league should nullify the trade (aside from draft picks already used), and void the contract 

Absolutely not... The Texans and the Browns agreed to the trade knowing the legal battle that was currently happening. Unless the league somehow told the Browns that Watson wouldn't face punishment, why on earth would the trade be nullified?!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

There is also the question of now who does this look worse for, from a public perception and from the perspective of the league handing down punishments- the Texans or the Browns? It now looks like the Texans enabled this to some extent, while the Browns actively pursued Watson while assumingly knowing all of this. Both look bad, while obviously paling in comparison to Watson's actions, but is it enough to punish one or either or both?

Dude treated a bunch of Women like they were prostitutes/less than human and even went as far as putting his foot in the door by saying things like "just trying to help black owned businesses", the dude isn't just some horn ball, he's sick in the head. Just goes to show that because a dude is a great player and does things when the cameras are rolling doesn't mean he's good peoples.

Now unless teams put these NDAs by the exit doors of facilities these days, they had to have had some inkling of what he needed em for. From my understanding dude basically weaponized said NDAs by withholding payment to the massage folks, thus trying to hide his pervertedness (is that a word?).

Dang DeShaun...what a waste

TL:DR heads absolutely have to roll for this 

• Like 2

Those of you who say 66 are living in a fantasy land. With what we know about statistics and those coming forward, you could reasonably double that number and still probably be conservative.

• Like 3