Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This… I hadn’t considered. This has also got to extend to McNair and Haslem, you’d think.

Boyyyy, bidness about to pick up!

Yep, the story here is the NFL, Texans, and Browns collective response to the allegations. The second part of the story is Watson.

The third part of the story, which is also interesting, is what happens when people start selectively leaking tangentially related NFL internal communications to save their skins. Ideally, they cannibalize each other.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

I have to agree with Caveat Emptor here (buyer beware)

Its clear that the Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Browns and maybe the Eagles and possibly a few other teams had decided that the end of the criminal investigation via grand jury was the deciding factor in moving forward.

Even if the Texans are somehow culpable (or a few Texans employees are) the Browns are big boys who made the deal out in the open.

Its not like Florio, Buzbee, Jenny Vrentas, and all these others were hiding in the weeds with info just waiting for the Browns to make a deal.

Deshawn did not later fail a weirdo physical(mental?) after the trade. He was a public weirdo before the trade.

• Like 1

So I have listened to the Tony Kornheiser show / podcast for a long time.

He's a newspaper guy and lots of his regulars are as well including people who ran the newsroom (or at least signed off on stories) at the Washington Post. They went into great detail on the process during a round of Daniel Snyder scandal. You don't just write rumors. You get multiple sources, get them validated, and offer the other side a rebuttal. (all pretty standard practice for newspapers)

This does not mean the opinions or conclusions in the article are fact.

This does not mean the report is true, just that multiple sources are telling the same or similar story.

Newspaper articles (even online, probably even the reporters Twitter) are at a much higher standard than first on the scene tweets or PFT articles.

The point of all this double checking is not to find the absolute truth that is often unknowable, its to avoid lawsuits.

Florio at PFT is totally different. He calls his site a rumor site and he engages in thought exercises and what if scenarios 24/7.

An analogy is a Peter King season preview. He may present you with a bunch of information he has gathered and verified but then he predicts the Packers will win the Super Bowl. You can trust the information was really told to him and verified but his analysis is hit and miss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Watson got all those protections in his contract so he'll have enough money to pay off all these women

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

He played the Browns like a fiddle. If he wasn’t a sociopath and sexual predator, his cunning would almost be admirable 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Has there ever been anything quite like this in NFL history? 

I have to feel like this has to take the cake as far as **** shows go....

A lot of the Browns forum still to this day and time:

tenor.gif

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Has there ever been anything quite like this in NFL history? 

I have to feel like this has to take the cake as far as **** shows go....

Closest comparison I have is Penn State and Jerry Sandusky.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly at this point, the league should nullify the trade (aside from draft picks already used), and void the contract 

I think this could actually make sense.

Browns penalized one first round pick (from this past draft) for being dumb enough to make this trade, everything else just washes out.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Closest comparison I have is Penn State and Jerry Sandusky.

Yeah, that makes sense, but I feel like this one is gonna be even crazier, especially since Watson is gonna keep playing and there are so many moving parts with the Watson, the league, Texans, Browns, etc. I’m sure you and most Texans fans are glad to have moved on at this point.

40 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

A lot of the Browns forum still to this day and time:

tenor.gif

haha… I hate to see it though man. Browns finally getting a great QB had to come with Watson. You probably already know you guys are essentially my AFC team by default since I’ve gone to your forum a few times talking about my dad being a fan. I want to see you guys win a SB before he passes, so I’m hoping for the best, but right now it just looks so bad. Whatever ends up happening I really hope Watson learns from all this and changes as a person and hopefully does stuff to help women charities/causes like what Vick has done with animal abuse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I think this could actually make sense.

Browns penalized one first round pick (from this past draft) for being dumb enough to make this trade, everything else just washes out.

Absolutely not. 

So then what,  the Texans are forced to deal with the Watson drama again? He remains a Texan under contract? Houston should lose the absurd compensation they got because the Browns are idiots? Hell No!

Trades done, in the books, Houston makes out like bandits. If in the end Cleveland gets screwed, Watson gets a yearly plus type suspension,  Maybe, maybe the NFL jumps in voiding the contract. But the Browns still lose each and everyone of those draft picks if for nothing else then their sheer Stupidity.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 4