The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

1 hour ago, IHatesnyder said:

Im good 

Hurts is the worst out of those two But keep hyping up I’m sure you’ll appreciate him when he leaves like you did to mcnabb and wentz .

That was hyping him up? 

I don’t think it has anything to do with appreciation. We just moved on from each guy when it was clear to us it wasn’t working anymore. I think that’s smart GM’ing. Not sure if you’d know what that looks like though. And it could be true that Hurts won’t prove to be as good as peak McNabb or Wentz but one thing they all have in common is that they are/were all light years better than whatever sludge Washington trots out there yearly. 

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

That was hyping him up? 

I don’t think it has anything to do with appreciation. We just moved on from each guy when it was clear to us it wasn’t working anymore. I think that’s smart GM’ing. Not sure if you’d know what that looks like though. And it could be true that Hurts won’t prove to be as good as peak McNabb or Wentz but one thing they all have in common is that they are/were all light years better than whatever sludge Washington trots out there yearly. 

Was talking about the fan base and not the front office . yea we sucked for a long time dude . I’d take hurts over previous QBs we have had including rn but as a franchise guy I’m good. He’s 6-0 because the run game is fantastic and the eagles secondary is also fantastic . Other wise you can insert henickie or Cooper rush and you guys would be 5-1 or 6-0 still, howie did an excellent job assembling a win now team . 

All and all yea I’m good on hurts , unless we have the same team Exact players/ coaches/ owner that you guys do I want nothing to do with him. 

11 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Was talking about the fan base and not the front office . yea we sucked for a long time dude . I’d take hurts over previous QBs we have had including rn but as a franchise guy I’m good. He’s 6-0 because the run game is fantastic and the eagles secondary is also fantastic . Other wise you can insert henickie or Cooper rush and you guys would be 5-1 or 6-0 still, howie did an excellent job assembling a win now team . 

All and all yea I’m good on hurts , unless we have the same team Exact players/ coaches/ owner that you guys do I want nothing to do with him. 

Bro, your hubris is showing. I don’t even love Jalen as a QB but he’s been damn good this year. The Henickie and Rush comment is nonsense. Even if you consider their throwing talents to be on par, Hurts’ legs is what separates him from 95% of the league in that category. You say the run game is “fantastic”. Yes, it’s good. But the one of the main reasons it’s good is because of Jalen. The run game wouldn’t be as effective without the run option plays. And that’s squarely on Hurts’ decision making. Which has been great. 2 turnovers on the year so far? I think. I get you don’t like him. Like I said, I’m coming around on him after not liking much from him. But you’re hating if you deny his play so far this year. Or you’re just not watching. He’s what? Top 3 in MVP odds. There’s a reason, homie. And ANYTHING with that kind of promise is light years ahead of the Commies. You’d be a fool to not want that for a franchise starving for good QB play. 

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Steelers blitz 53% of the time against Hurts on Sunday, 3rd highest blitz rate in his career. He threw for 179 yds, 3TD against those blitzes!

Did what he was supposed to do. Which is great. Identified the one on one and gave his receiver a chance to make a play. Read the blitz and knew where to go. Good signs that he’s making the correct reads. Brown made a grown man play on one but Jalen threw absolutes pillows to him the other two. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Did what he was supposed to do. Which is great. Identified the one on one and gave his receiver a chance to make a play. Read the blitz and knew where to go. Good signs that he’s making the correct reads. Brown made a grown man play on one but Jalen threw absolutes pillows to him the other two. 

Love to see it 

• Like 1