NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Finally willing to offer Jaylen Brown after all these years when you just made the Finals? I don't have The Athletic so I don't know what the offer and counteroffers were, but I'd guess Brooklyn wants all 3 of Brown, Williams III, and Smart.

Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, 2025 Boston 1st Round Pick, 2027 Boston 1st Round Pick, 2029 Boston 1st Round Pick

That's my absolute max offer if I'm Boston, and I honestly really hesitate to offer that considering Durant's age and durability issues.

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Finally willing to offer Jaylen Brown after all these years when you just made the Finals? I don't have The Athletic so I don't know what the offer and counteroffers were, but I'd guess Brooklyn wants all 3 of Brown, Williams III, and Smart.

Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, 2025 Boston 1st Round Pick, 2027 Boston 1st Round Pick, 2029 Boston 1st Round Pick

That's my absolute max offer if I'm Boston, and I honestly really hesitate to offer that considering Durant's age and durability issues.

i have the athletic. BK wants Smart, Brown, draft picks and 1 more rotational player in the deal. Timelord isnt a piece they mentioned but they are in talks. He could be added to the deal. 

For the Nets I think thats a good get. They would get younger and get draft capital to build around Simmons/Brown. Would probably be one of the better defensive teams too with Smart playing SG/PG.

Boston with KD-Tatum-Horford-Gallo-Brogdon- G. Williams would be filthy. Health being their only thing that would hold them back.

very interesting that Nets leaked this info. A good move tbh we’ll see if another team steps up

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I hope they pass. Run it back. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, indifference said:

i have the athletic. BK wants Smart, Brown, draft picks and 1 more rotational player in the deal. Timelord isnt a piece they mentioned but they are in talks. He could be added to the deal. 

For the Nets I think thats a good get. They would get younger and get draft capital to build around Simmons/Brown. Would probably be one of the better defensive teams too with Smart playing SG/PG.

Boston with KD-Tatum-Horford-Gallo-Brogdon- G. Williams would be filthy. Health being their only thing that would hold them back.

very interesting that Nets leaked this info. A good move tbh we’ll see if another team steps up

If the Nets get Brown/Smart/Williams/multiple unprotected 1st round picks/1st round pick swaps for KD then I’ll take it. Add that to Simmons, Harris, Seth, Claxton, Warren, and Cam. I’d like the roster the Nets will have and that’s before we will see what the Nets could get for Kyrie in a trade. The Nets would have a roster that would potentially be top 5 in the East. 

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They’ve been running back that same team forever.

And they just made the Finals as their top players are entering their primes. Not every team has to blow up their entire roster if they don't win the championship.

Brown and Tatum aren't even the same age as LeBron, Dirk, Curry, or MJ before they won their first chip.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, indifference said:

Brooklyn should be all over  a brown deal. Definitely Wouldn’t do it if I were the Celtics given age and injury concerns and the fact that you almost just won a title with your young core. 

15 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

And they just made the Finals as their top players are entering their primes. Not every team has to blow up their entire roster if they don't win the championship.

Brown and Tatum aren't even the same age as LeBron, Dirk, Curry, or MJ before they won their first chip.

I’m not saying blow it up. But a major improvement is needed to get over the hump. They barely got past the bucks and heat. They might never have a shot at the finals again once the bucks get back healthy. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not saying blow it up. But a major improvement is needed to get over the hump. They barely got past the bucks and heat. They might never have a shot at the finals again once the bucks get back healthy. 

They need to get a better point guard, plus Horford is old. Hell I don't even think Jaylen Brown is as good as C's fans make him out to be. I just don't think this is some maxed-out core that's proven it can't win. The Bucks and Heat making to the Finals was arguably just as flukey and they're older.