Rob Gronkowski is retiring (again)

TheRealMcCoy

Bucs aren’t in too bad of shape at TE.

They still have Cameron Brate and drafted Cade Otton and Ko Kieft. Cade  is a nice receiving threat and Kieft while probably unknown by most was one of the best blocking TE in the draft and that’ll probably be his role for Tampa.

Kinda brutal to say as I love Gronk but when I think of a Gronk play, I think of the dolphins miracle play to beat the pats where he was the last line of defense and dove miserably into nothing and the pats lost. 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Kinda brutal to say as I love Gronk but when I think of a Gronk play, I think of the dolphins miracle play to beat the pats where he was the last line of defense and dove miserably into nothing and the pats lost. 

Considering the plays he's put on film, that's a pretty odd choice.  One of my favorites was running over half the Colt's D for a TD or shaking off a pile of WFT defenders on the sideline to go another 30 yards, or throwing Sergio Brown "Out of the club"

• Like 1

He might be 11th but absolutely he's in the discussion for top 10-15 pass catcher of all time.

He is 12th in TDs and 2 inferior TEs are ahead of him on that list (Gates and Gonzo)

Its hilarious how inferior Gonzo is compared to Gronk. The pro-Gonzo arguments are puny.

How many WRs can top his 92 TDs and 15.0 per catch?

• Moss?
  • Even the WR GoaT is 14.8 per catch (but 15.0 in SF)
  • Owens is 14.8 per catch
  • Fitz is 12.2 per catch
  • Julio Jones has him on yards by a long way and ypc at 15.2 but he has 61 TDs.

Gronk has the same yards per catch as Rice in SF and about the same TD catches per game (0.643) as Rice (0.650) in his whole career. 

Rice's TDs per game in SF was insane at 0.739 and Don Hutson was at 0.853. Owens is at 0.699 for his career.

Marvin Harrison is at 0.674 and Fitz is at 0.460

Now add another 1389 and 15 at 14.2 per catch in the playoffs.

How about 364 5 and 12.6 in SBs?

He's 2nd and 3rd in playoff TDs and yards. He's 2nd in SB yards and TDs. (Rice, Rice and Edelman, Rice, Rice)

Id probably go something like

• Rice
  • Moss
  • Hutson (extrapolate him to about 5 Cooper Kupp 2022 seasons in the modern NFL)
    • His whole career is pretty much in bold print on P F R
  • Owens
  • Maynard
    • He put up modern numbers playing in the '60s
  • Megatron
  • Warfield
    • 20 yards a catch and 88 TDs in the '60s and '70s and won with Cleveland and Miami
  • Carter
  • Harrison
  • Largent
  • Gronk/Evans/Fitz/Bruce/Lofton, etc. in 11-15

If Gronk actually belongs at 13 or 14 or so, its still close enough that its an absolutely amazing career as a TE. (this is even true at 17 or 18)

He's was also of course a devastating blocker in NE.

• Like 1