2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if Portland trades the pick, then Henderson will likely go to whoever makes the trade. Even if Portland ends up staying at #3, it would be stupid for them not to take Henderson. Take the best player available right there and then look to trade Lillard and recoup some additional picks. They have to make a decision on if they think they can build a championship caliber team with Lillard and if the answer is no, then trade him and start over with Henderson. 

Miller/Henderson may be close enough for some teams where the fit is the tiebreaker like for Charlotte. But if Portland stays at #3, who would they take over Henderson? 

That's a good point.

If they're trying to win now, Portland should look to Toronto for some kind of OG Anunoby trade. And then try to resign Grant. 

Lilard/Simons/Anunoby/Grant/Nurkic with Sharpe off the bench.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Stone better pull a Texans and be aggressive and trade up and take Scoot.  This offseason is make or break for him.  If they stay put at 4 Amen wouldnt be the worst thing but I want Scoot 10x more. 

What do you have to offer to Charlotte for Scoot?

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

That's a good point.

If they're trying to win now, Portland should look to Toronto for some kind of OG Anunoby trade. And then try to resign Grant. 

That's a mediocre squad. OG isn't good enough to improve last year's lineup by more than a couple wins at most.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

i just saw the combine measurements and i can't believe whitmore is less than an inch shorter than walker

Yikes. Walker as a 6'6 PF isn't too good. Hopefully the dude learns how to dribble and slide his feet on defense because he's wing sized. 

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:

That's a good point.

But like is that REALLY a championship caliber team? Is Simons a reliable #2? I think they are better off trading Lillard for picks/young players while building around Henderson/Sharpe or Miller if Henderson goes #2. 

Simons is really solid though and if he's your #3, you have something there. But if Portland takes Henderson and keeps Lillard, it definitely gets a bit dicey. Henderson will need to turn into a very good defender to make it work. 

4 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

That's a mediocre squad. OG isn't good enough to improve last year's lineup by more than a couple wins at most.

They were ok trotting out a mediocre squad last year, what has changed to make people think they won't do that again this year?

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But like is that REALLY a championship caliber team? Is Simons a reliable #2? I think they are better off trading Lillard for picks/young players while building around Henderson/Sharpe or Miller if Henderson goes #2. 

Simons is really solid though and if he's your #3, you have something there. But if Portland takes Henderson and keeps Lillard, it definitely gets a bit dicey. Henderson will need to turn into a very good defender to make it work. 

Nothing has changed in their FO to make me think they can properly assess where the franchise is, i.e. I don't think they're trading Dame.

14 minutes ago, General Tso said:

They were ok trotting out a mediocre squad last year, what has changed to make people think they won't do that again this year?

Them having the #3 pick has changed. Why trade that for a slightly above average wing? That's just stupid.

You don't trade #3 for anything short of a ransom.