Baker traded to the panthers

sdrawkcab321

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m guessing they’re waiting to see how long Watson is suspended before making any further moves.

Brissett and Dobbs is probably fine for 4 games or whatever.  If it’s a whole season, better start looking elsewhere.

If it’s a whole season, they’ll make a similar play for Jimmy G. Flip the conditional 5 they just got while making SF eat that salary. I can feel it @Forge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

If it’s a whole season, they’ll make a similar play for Jimmy G. Flip the conditional 5 they just got while making SF eat that salary. I can feel it @Forge

Between you and I, we can will this into existence, my friend. 

It is the only way to keep balance and harmony in nature and life. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

That makes it better. Odds are it happens, I like 4ths a lot more than 5th. With Carolina it could be a high 4th too, close to a 3rd 

Yeah and I expect he plays 70% if he stays healthy.

Still, I doubt Carolina cares either way, if he plays himself into a good free agent contract they will pretty much get back what they paid for him in a comp pick. 

• Like 1

Glad we got something for him because of the necessity to just move on at this point. Really looking like after a promising start, AB and the front office pulled an Amber Heard on the bed this offseason at our most important position. We'll see. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Between you and I, we can will this into existence, my friend. 

It is the only way to keep balance and harmony in nature and life. 

Somebody has to explain to me how the Browns are going to eat Jimmy's 27M contract this year when all I heard for 3 months was how terrible and crippling Bakers 18M contract was. Are the 49ers going to eat 20M of his contract or something I dont know to move him for a 5th rounder?

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Somebody has to explain to me how the Browns are going to eat Jimmy's 27M contract this year when all I heard for 3 months was how terrible and crippling Bakers 18M contract was. Are the 49ers going to eat 20M of his contract or something I dont know to move him for a 5th rounder?

He has no guaranteed money left. This isn't a baker situation. He gets cut or takes a pay cut if traded. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He has no guaranteed money left. This isn't a baker situation. He gets cut or takes a pay cut if traded. 

Gotcha. That would be nice, but from everything I have read the Browns love Brissett for some reason and feel 'extremely comfortable' with him starting. 

I guess it will come down to having to know what Watsons suspension will be. If its 6 games, we can ride out Brissett for 1/3 of the season. If its 10+ games, I feel like a move for Jimmy would have to be made.

There is no way the FO thinks that essentially wasting a prime year of Chubb/Garrett/Ward who you just gave massive contracts to is a smart idea by stating Jacoby for 10+ games.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Gotcha. That would be nice, but from everything I have read the Browns love Brissett for some reason and feel 'extremely comfortable' with him starting. 

Sounds like exactly what they were saying about Baker going into the offseason. I'd take everything this front office says with the same massive grain of salt you would when listening to politicians.

• Like 1

C-Mac has only played 10 combined games the last 2 years for Carolina too. They also have probably the worst o-line in the NFL. Baker is gonna get killed behind that o-line.

I hope he gets out of Carolina as soon as he can.

Edited by candyman93

7 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Sounds like exactly what they were saying about Baker going into the offseason. I'd take everything this front office says with the same massive grain of salt you would when listening to politicians.

This FO?  What FO tells the media exactly how they feel?

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

After moving forward from all the other things that bothered me about this trade......no need to dwell on the past, we have a clear direction.

I expected to get more for Baker, I figured it would be a conditional pick, but that far out I expected it to be upgradable to a 2nd at least, 1rst if he throws for 5K 30TD's and they win a playoff game....

For just a 5th/4th, I expected to eat $0.00 of the contract.

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

After moving forward from all the other things that bothered me about this trade......no need to dwell on the past, we have a clear direction.

I expected to get more for Baker, I figured it would be a conditional pick, but that far out I expected it to be upgradable to a 2nd at least, 1rst if he throws for 5K 30TD's and they win a playoff game....

For just a 5th/4th, I expected to eat $0.00 of the contract.

Unfortunately, we just had no leverage. Every team either has their QB or wants to tank for one. I still think had the Watson trade happened sooner, a team like Washington would have given us at least a third for Baker while also taking on his entire salary.

• Like 1