N'keal Harry is here

dll2000

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Considering how much people love Neal as a blocker it is very interesting that Pringle is right there with him.

Word is that they will transition him to TE while further bulking him up during TC and by mid season they will move him to RG. This is genius!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

Word is that they will transition him to TE while further bulking him up during TC and by mid season they will move him to RG. This is genius!

2022 optimistic Bears fans:

In this system he can probably play RG and do well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dafreak said:

He will be 25 this year, hard pass....B|

Who? Velus? ;)

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Considering how much people love Neal as a blocker it is very interesting that Pringle is right there with him.

Only the Bears! Play hard defensively and run the ball. Can't wait for more 20-17 games! 🚮

There’s no downside. A 2024 7th rounder is a lottery ticket pick anyway that’s 2 drafts away. Harry will have more upside than that pick can bring even if he’s just a deep depth blocking WR for us (if he even makes the team), and his cost to us in salary isn’t a factor worth worrying about. The ASU grad in me loooooooooves this move. 🔱🔱🔱

With that, the reality seeing me thinks he competes for the same role as ESB, which I think is going to be a smallish one, unless he all of a sudden shows the skills that got him drafted in round 1 consistently. To date in the NFL Harry has been the downside of what everyone was worried about with Alshon Jeffery during his draft year. Basically the same skill set too (except that Harry is an outstanding blocker). He’s more talented than ESB though, so we’ll see how much that Getsy familiarity really factors in here.

If he’s a capable WR4 for us who can block then a future 7th is well worth it IMO, and if he’s somehow more than that then it’s highway robbery. If he can’t be then he probably won’t be a Bear by Labor Day. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Yeah, I think MoserinNC is just a superfan. I didn't get it either. But to each his own.

Haha naw Im not a super fan at all I just like the move..... like somebody said later its just a no risk move

Also, comparing Kmet to Rudolph isnt nuts, I didnt say Kelce or Kittle haha

Mooney really is kind of like Diggs(this one might be a stretch) but Diggs light

I really do like Pringle, I saw a bunch of KC games last year and foreal he was the #2

Harry, St. Brown Velus Jones, competeing for like the 3rd option is pretty good

Also I dont know why people are down on Monty and Herbert as a backfield

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dll2000 said:

That post following your previous post made me laugh.  

I don't have a problem with the trade because it's only a 7th round pick. 

I just find it odd that a lot of the complaints about Pace were misuse of cap space and trading away picks, and so far Poles has done the exact same thing, only worse, and we don't hear single peep about it. Instead we get "great job", "great trade", and other BS.

And here's another thing. Since none of you seem to value 7th round picks, and apparently hate GMs who trade away picks, then why is NOBODY talking about the fact that Poles traded down THREE TIMES in the 5th round just to pick up a few 6 and 7th round picks and even traded the 6th round pick in 2023 for TWO 7th round picks this year?

I mean cmon.....does anyone have any consistent criteria anymore or what?

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I just find it odd that a lot of the complaints about Pace were misuse of cap space and trading away picks, and so far Poles has done the exact same thing, only worse, and we don't hear single peep about it. Instead we get "great job", "great trade", and other BS.

And here's another thing. Since none of you seem to value 7th round picks, and apparently hate GMs who trade away picks, then why is NOBODY talking about the fact that Poles traded down THREE TIMES in the 5th round just to pick up a few 6 and 7th round picks and even traded the 6th round pick in 2023 for TWO 7th round picks this year?

People aren’t going to complain about giving up low round picks to take flyers on potential high end talent.  

They will complain about trading up in drafts to draft busts or for players who don’t work out.

Don’t worry Poles will get plenty of criticism in his tenure from fans.  He has not lost a single game yet and is also in honeymoon phase.  

Pace was man for a long time before fans turned on him.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

People aren’t going to complain about giving up low round picks to take flyers on potential high end talent.  

They will complain about trading up in drafts to draft busts or for players who don’t work out.

Don’t worry Poles will get plenty of criticism in his tenure from fans.  He has not lost a single game yet and is also in honeymoon phase.  

Pace was man for a long time before fans turned on him.   

This is 100% correct. People, including myself, have to see failure before they deem it failure (at least reasonable people do), just like people need to see success before they deem it success (see the first part of this statement).  As far as comparing the draft picks traded by Pace as opposed to the picks traded by Poles, we are not talking apples to apples. @JAF-N72EX is comparing apples to Chick-O-Stix. Not remotely the same. One traded up to reach for players valued lower than they were drafted (with picks that had a higher probability of landing impact players) and one traded what essentially is a throw away pick for a former 1st round prospect. There is literally no downside to this. If we miss out on drafting Scott "Crappy" Jenkins in the 7th round of the 2024 draft because of this trade I promise I won't lose any sleep over it and would question the mental stability of anyone that did.

• Like 4

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

This is 100% correct. People, including myself, have to see failure before they deem it failure (at least reasonable people do), just like people need to see success before they deem it success (see the first part of this statement).  As far as comparing the draft picks traded by Pace as opposed to the picks traded by Poles, we are not talking apples to apples. @JAF-N72EX is comparing apples to Chick-O-Stix. Not remotely the same. One traded up to reach for players valued lower than they were drafted (with picks that had a higher probability of landing impact players) and one traded what essentially is a throw away pick for a former 1st round prospect. There is literally no downside to this. If we miss out on drafting Scott "Crappy" Jenkins in the 7th round of the 2024 draft because of this trade I promise I won't lose any sleep over it and would question the mental stability of anyone that did.

You have to give anyone new in a position a chance to figure things out. Very few people are proficient in a job or task right out of the gate. Pace was given a lot of leeway initially as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

i think the biggest thing is pace constantly traded multiple picks to move up for picks, or treated them as a "future me" problem. he included a 3rd round pick to move up 1 spot for trubisky (as well as others). a 4th for nick foles with no salary retained was an absolutely wild move - Pace seemed to have no problem throwing around mid-round picks, which is where good teams can really hunt for guys/depth (see LA)

like people have said, those low round picks 6/7th are lottery tickets anyways. this team needed to be gutted and rebuilt with guys in the next few years. Poles turned 148 and 150 into 168, 174, 203, 207, and 226. he traded a 2023 6th into 2 2022 7th. theres a difference between trading picks away and trading picks for more picks 

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Don’t worry Poles will get plenty of criticism in his tenure from fans.

No he won't. Not until the media tells them to.

6 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

People, including myself, have to see failure before they deem it failure (at least reasonable people do), just like people need to see success before they deem it success (see the first part of this statement).

So that's what we're going with now?

6 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

@JAF-N72EX is comparing apples to Chick-O-Stix. Not remotely the same.

Really? 7th round picks are not the same anymore either, huh? Damn Poles really did change the game didn't he! 😂