N'keal Harry is here

dll2000

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Do you still think the Bears have enough to see what Fields is made of? And if so, have you drawn any conclusions from these last 4 games?

I find it hard to evaluate most of the offense right now because so much of it is a mess. I don't think there's enough stability around Fields to say "yep, he's the guy" or "nope, he's not it."

As of right now it is incredibly difficult to evaluate Fields for many reasons that have been brought up. And yes, that does fall on this entire regime in my opinion. What is just as interesting is how bad Wilson is playing in Denver. Is it the system? Are both coaches that bad? Or has Russ just fallen off the edge of the cliff already?

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

As of right now it is incredibly difficult to evaluate Fields for many reasons that have been brought up. And yes, that does fall on this entire regime in my opinion. What is just as interesting is how bad Wilson is playing in Denver. Is it the system? Are both coaches that bad? Or has Russ just fallen off the edge of the cliff already?

Yes

;)

6 hours ago, CBears019 said:

First off, I can post however I please and I can like whichever posts I please.  I do not need your approval to do anything and I don’t come to this site to please you.

Second, you've been on this site long enough to know that if you have an issue with moderation you should take it up with the moderators via PM.  

You're getting a warning for this post.

JAF-N72EX will no longer be joining us on this site.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

JAF-N72EX will no longer be joining us on this site.

Yeah, he was completely out of line. Sad thing is, he is a smart guy and can bring value to most discussions. He just took things way too far most times. Reminds me of someone else.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Do you still think the Bears have enough to see what Fields is made of? And if so, have you drawn any conclusions from these last 4 games?

No, but not for the reasons you think/want to call out. 

It’s a No, because I don’t think that Getsy has shown us (in conjunction with the Hackett situation) that he has what it takes to be an NFL level OC. Because if you can’t even call a game like it’s 2008 much less 2022, then no you can’t really evaluate anyone completely.

BUT, I do think there is enough talent here to see if Fields is worth it to this regime, and that’s the thing most are missing right there. Poles & Co are not tied to Fields, he is a sunk cost to a prior regime. Even as much as some of us like him, and as much raw talent he has, and emotionally invested we are (multiple 1st rounders invested) they are not linked to him, and can move on at any time. So it has to be worth it to them to invest in him into the future. They don’t owe Fields anything 

They don’t care if he is “good enough” that’s not the spot they want to be in, they won’t be paying him in a few years to be middle of the pack. They didn’t set out to “set him up for success” as so many want to call out, they were just going to evaluate this year, and if they felt good enough about what they saw (along with their 2023 draft situation) then they start to truly invest in a Fields offense. They weren’t going to mortgage anything (picks/salary) this year. So unless he is a stud, and his talent is “undeniable” they will be moving on in the next few years. Finding their guy, either by signing, trading or drafting.

With Mooney and even a buch of JAGs, his talent would show through if he was that dude. And even if he was very good (not necessarily studly) you’d see him commanding the offense, pre snap adjustments, going through progressions to find the open guys, and manipulation of whatever pocket he does have. You know, the type of things that a guy like Joe Burrow showed very quickly.

Fields has had those type of opportunities through 4 games, even while fighting through terrible OC performances, injuries to his weapons and an unsettled OL. and he hasn’t passed the sniff test in those situations so far. Sure those things are factors in the outcome/production that looks so disappointing, but I’ve said from the beginning, his numbers and our record mean jack squat, it’s all about if he can do the other things that you need from a Leader, and a QB, and so far while his overalls grade is Incomplete (it’s only been 4 games) he doesn’t have a passing grade in either of those categories 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, beardown3231 said:

It's better because the organization should have an inkling that the fans have had it with their constant BS. If they're rebuilding, come out and say it. Theo did it and Cubs fans embraced it. Instead we're claiming there's a rebuild going on but Patrick is playing more than Jenkins. The most important person on the team is getting hit all the time and therefore playing like s***. You're either rebuilding or you're not.

There's a difference between being positive and saying that Mooney is better than Diggs. That is literally drinking the kool aid. Seeing "King Poles does it again" all over the internet after he drafts any player or signs any player is drinking the kool aid since he hasn't done IT- whatever IT is- at all. If people want to say "I like what I've seen from Jenkins" or "Brisker has looked good," fine, but comparing players on your favorite team to some of the best in the league is absolutely gross. While I'm sure it happens for every team, it appears that this fan base does it more than anyone's.

I'm not dwelling in the negatives; I just call out BS when I see it. There hasn't been much ability to dwell in positives for this franchise over the last 2 decades, has there? So far, not so good with this regime.

Who cares what he says. Actions speak louder than words and it's pretty obvious what's happening. Just look at the roster turnover from 1 season ago 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Who cares what he says. Actions speak louder than words and it's pretty obvious what's happening. Just look at the roster turnover from 1 season ago 

You are literally NOT supposed to say it according to the league.

So if you’re a fan that needs someone to spell everything out for you, this is going to be a Loooong and brutal journey for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

So my contention with CBears is:

• he doesn’t post his own opinions 

• he likes people’s posts 

• he stays the **** out of conversations

• he doesn’t have balls 

• he bans people 

It is my opinion that this is a funny, satirical post.

I would have liked this post but it is the opinion of a newly banned member that, due to my lack of opinions (and apparently balls too), i am unable to express my opinion of your post via the like button.

Anyone know how many opinions i have to post before i can like posts again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I would have liked this post but it is the opinion of a newly banned member that, due to my lack of opinions (and apparently balls too), i am unable to express my opinion of your post via the like button.

I wish he was still around so we understood the expected quota 

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I think it’s like those circa 2010 Facebook spams— 1 like=1 opinion