Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Saw this post on realgm describing Mobley:

- Analytically profiling as a top 5 defender. As a rookie.
- likely under team control another 8 seasons if he accepts super max extension. He’s “cheap” another 3.5 seasons.
- averaging 14.5ppg on 49/34/78 shooting splits.
- averaging 2 blks/1 stl per game. 8 RPG.
- leading league in shot contests per appearance.
- showing a strong face up game and range out to 3PT land. Next year he likely breaks out as a 20 PPG scorer. Profiles as a better jump shooter than Giannis.

• Like 2

Simmons trade would be just OK as the team chemistry is more important than an immature selfish player.

Cavs are in 6th place and playoff bound barring major injuries.  Unless a trade offer to good to pass up, I believe this core of players is rock solid building block for a very nice young team of two way players.  Questions in the off season are Sexton, Rubio, Love, and Windler in that order!

Fact is Cavs have developed a new brand with defensive strength and team passing with Garland who has really improved.  3 big players on both ends of the court has changed the the boring 3 pt and isolation NBA game.

3 hours ago, #32 said:

Simmons trade would be just OK as the team chemistry is more important than an immature selfish player.

Cavs are in 6th place and playoff bound barring major injuries.  Unless a trade offer to good to pass up, I believe this core of players is rock solid building block for a very nice young team of two way players.  Questions in the off season are Sexton, Rubio, Love, and Windler in that order!

Fact is Cavs have developed a new brand with defensive strength and team passing with Garland who has really improved.  3 big players on both ends of the court has changed the the boring 3 pt and isolation NBA game.

It all depends on what the trade.

why is Simmons an immature selfish player? Did you see the comments the front office made about him. I wouldn’t be killing myself  to play for those people. 

8 hours ago, OhioG said:

Trade for Ben Simmons 

Line up of Garland - Simmons - Lauri - Mobley - Allen

Ultra tall ball lulz

Cedi - Windler - Wade - Love for white boy mass shooting off the bench.

It would take way more than Sexton/Okoro to get Simmons. And I don't think he's a good playoff fit with Allen/Mobley being better inside than outside guys right now. I like the IDEA of using our less necessary assets to grab a distressed star player. But I don't think Simmons is it. I'm looking at guys like SGA, Mikal Bridges, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown, etc. Wings in situations where they might be gettable in the near future.

42 minutes ago, FGK said:

It would take way more than Sexton/Okoro to get Simmons. And I don't think he's a good playoff fit with Allen/Mobley being better inside than outside guys right now. I like the IDEA of using our less necessary assets to grab a distressed star player. But I don't think Simmons is it. I'm looking at guys like SGA, Mikal Bridges, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown, etc. Wings in situations where they might be gettable in the near future.

Man would I love to see Brandon Ingram added to this squad.

• Like 1

Guys it was a post for the lulz. 

While I believe Ricky, Okoro and Sexy + salary is more than adequate compensation, we would have literally no guard depth. 

I also am a huge fan of Colin, It would be hard for me to trade him especially for a non shooter like Simmons 

4 hours ago, braylon said:

Man would I love to see Brandon Ingram added to this squad.

Yeah Ingram or Jaylen Brown

how much longer can we get away with playing Lauri at the 3? 

If seems like Mobley will be the 4 from here own. With him looking like a stud and Allen looking like the best center in the league. 

So either Lauri is coming off the bench or he’s our 3 going forward. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

If seems like Mobley will be the 4 from here own. With him looking like a stud and Allen looking like the best center in the league. 

If Lauri can develop his passing, he’s a potential SF to me longterm. He weirdly reminds me of Hedo Turkoglu.

• Like 1

Just now, bruceb said:

For all the isht thrown at Koby in here, must say he did a fine job of landing players like Allen and Markkanen whose teams had no use for them, giving them a chance and letting them shine.

Oh, and for drafting Garland and Mobley.

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think he is doing fine at the 3 and provides a unique skill set that is helping him. Offensively he is pretty good, better that advertised. He isnt twitchy or athletic but his length allows him to be a very solid defender. He knows he can be aggressively because if he gets beat, he can funnel his man into another pair of 7footers

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He weirdly reminds me of Hedo Turkoglu.

Hedo had the benefit of having Dwight to help him defensively. Lauri has that in Mobley and Allen. You could say Lauri is a taller poor mans Hedo, which isnt a bad comp for him at all.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

For all the isht thrown at Koby in here, must say he did a fine job of landing players like Allen and Markkanen whose teams had no use for them, giving them a chance and letting them shine.

he really has done a great job. One of the better GMs we have had. He got handed a crap sandwich with the Irving situation and tried to make double sided move for the now and future. Sexton isnt the greatest pick but the way that draft has played out, it was the right pick. Garland is showing to be an amazing pick. If their is a redraft, Ja goes #1 and Garland maybe goes #2. Okoro is ok but just have to hope he has that Butler, George, Leonard type jump after2-3yrs. Mobley  is a white buffalo  right now.

I think he has made solid trades. Allen, Lauri, Rubio,  

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck