Random Thoughts - Training Camp edition

dll2000

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I mean the article which is supposed to be a tribute says she was around since way back when, is a woman and a symbol.

I wouldn't want that to be my obituary or resume.

He was a man.  He lived a long time.  His dad was rich and he inherited the company.

I agree here. The fact of the matter is, the vast majority of Bears' fans know nothing about Virginia McCaskey but she is worshipped due to being the daughter GSH. I have no idea what else she has ever done or accomplished outside of that and sitting in the owners box on Sundays and being mad the last few years (according to George at least). 

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

The minute I saw her running I knew this was trouble. Why did the people out there even allow this to occur?

I changed my mind.   In some circumstances it is okay.   LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Well, if the board falls like that and we are at number four and Anderson is staring us in the face you have to take the talent. The city will still burn, but the talent is undeniable. 

In fairness we’ll have had an entire FA period between then and now to reshape the roster one way or the other. With that said, passing on Anderson in your scenario would be REALLY difficult for me. He might be the next Derrick Thomas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think JSN is worth a top 5 pick. He's a great route runner but isn't fast, physical, etc. I'd much rather take a flyer on a guy like Boutte with a trade down. Anderson at 4 is a no brainer and so is Jalen Carter if nobody offensively is worth it there

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I very much agree with this, but its the most often mocked to us. Maybe he improves strength/physicality this year and I change my mind, but I dont think hes a game changer at the NFL level right now.

And Im using Anderson as the foil to JSN, as he is a generational talent, not just a good Corner or fast rusher.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is not as sold on JSN as others appear to be.

Anderson has a lot of Khalil Mack in him. Explosive off the edge, great at timing the snap count, can line up anywhere from a 2 or 3 point stance, can play sideline to sideline, etc.

If Mooney shows he can be a #1 then WR becomes less of a priority IMO. You can find a good #2 in the 2nd or mid rounds. Besides, Marvin Harrison Jr will be available in 2024 if need be.

18 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is not as sold on JSN as others appear to be.

Anderson has a lot of Khalil Mack in him. Explosive off the edge, great at timing the snap count, can line up anywhere from a 2 or 3 point stance, can play sideline to sideline, etc.

If Mooney shows he can be a #1 then WR becomes less of a priority IMO. You can find a good #2 in the 2nd or mid rounds. Besides, Marvin Harrison Jr will be available in 2024 if need be.

because this season is all about next season, i've been looking ahead to next offseason. the FA class is not good. we need a WR, but i'm not sure you take a guy like JSN in the top 7 or so. If we have a situation where Carter or Anderson are sitting there, i think you have to take them. 

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

does anyone know what's actually going on with thomas graham and byron pringle. both have been out with injuries for weeks

It's the curse of the foods. Hopefully Thomas Graham Cracker and Byron Pringles keep their distance from Justin Mrs. Fields Cookies

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

because this season is all about next season, i've been looking ahead to next offseason. the FA class is not good. we need a WR, but i'm not sure you take a guy like JSN in the top 7 or so. If we have a situation where Carter or Anderson are sitting there, i think you have to take them. 

No doubt.  I'm all for going trenches, on either side of the ball really.  We need at least 1 good pass rusher. Especially with Quinn's age and Gibson still being a question mark.

I love anarchy.

My son and his buddy wanted to build a fort out of all the branches and sticks I cut down so I let them but they needed something to tie it. I went up to the Dollar Tree and got some of the crap yarn they have since crocheting is something my wife is big into. They're using yarn to tie everything up and I'm just waiting to have my wife see the yarn and think it's hers. LOL

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I love anarchy.

My son and his buddy wanted to build a fort out of all the branches and sticks I cut down so I let them but they needed something to tie it. I went up to the Dollar Tree and got some of the crap yarn they have since crocheting is something my wife is big into. They're using yarn to tie everything up and I'm just waiting to have my wife see the yarn and think it's hers. LOL

20220826-175536.jpg

^ 5 year old didn't want to be shown up

20220826-175547.jpg

^ He did not inherit any of my carpentry ability. 😂

• Like 1