Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

52 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Rap Sheet and Garafalo rarely miss.

You haven't been paying attention then. Crapaport is routinely reporting misinformation and have been getting called out on it all offseason. And well, for pretty much his entire career.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not about to let it go because Jenkins tweeted everything is fine. I certainly didn't think he would tweet "things blow." I truly think they are shopping him if possible

My wife says she's fine when I ask her what's wrong, this could be like that. I really don't know but like Windy said let me know when he is practicing or traded.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

My wife says she's fine when I ask her what's wrong, this could be like that. I really don't know but like Windy said let me know when he is practicing or traded.

He is way behind in the competition now.

He is OT4… that is a long way to even dressing 

Perhaps Pace will convince the Atlanta GM to trade a mid round pick for Jenkins 😄

After all the Falcons seem to love going after former Bears players 

In all seriousness I can't imagine an OL straved team such as the Bears would give up on a player like Jenkins unless something wasn't right 

It sucks that they wasted multiple high picks on this dude but that's not this regime's doing

If he's not going to be a fit here then might as well try and salvage what you can 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

He is way behind in the competition now.

He is OT4… that is a long way to even dressing 

With Reiff on board now and with both Jones and Borom also clearly ahead of him, outside of an injury the only the only thing that might keep Jenkins on the roster at all is his draft status. That they’re supposedly shopping him suggests that alone won’t be enough. And really, it shouldn’t be. Are we better off without Jenkins? Maybe and maybe not. But if he’s your 4th best option at tackle, especially on this team, then he’s arguably an expendable part regardless of where he was drafted last year.

22 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

we heard all the stuff around Nagy not meeting or at times even speaking to guys like Trubisky & Robinson…a lot of wrongs going on there…

I do wonder if the new regime came in last year if ARob is still a bear. His on field performance obviously wouldn’t have been as bad last season. Not that I’m upset he’s gone, I’m not attached to any aging asset, although he would have been another potentially competent target for Fields. 

Honestly when we took Trubisky I genuinely didn’t think anyone thought he was a top 10 consideration. I thought the pick was absolutely going to be Watson or DL. I don’t think Tru ever had an elite ceiling, his eval was based on way too little, but I wonder if he had received competent coaching if he’s a natural top 15-20 starting qb right now somewhere in the league. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Pace really did mismanage this roster.

You can say Pace mismanaged the roster but that still excuse Poles from doing the same this year either.

There's no sugarcoating it. The post from OTC is borderline criminal for a team with a QB who they expect to develop into a franchise player.

QRIu3ee.jpg

The bottom left quadrant are teams with low cost rookies/bad QB situations who are either heavily reliant on draft pick contribution or just punting on the offense this year. The Giants and Falcons on paper are the two worst situations while the Steelers and Bears are giving their young QB’s almost no help.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You can say Pace mismanaged the roster but that still excuse Poles from doing the same this year either.

There's no sugarcoating it. The post from OTC is borderline criminal for a team with a QB who they expect to develop into a franchise player.

QRIu3ee.jpg

The bottom left quadrant are teams with low cost rookies/bad QB situations who are either heavily reliant on draft pick contribution or just punting on the offense this year. The Giants and Falcons on paper are the two worst situations while the Steelers and Bears are giving their young QB’s almost no help.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one…for me Poles has been forced into a corner this year having to fix the cap and being held down with the sheer volume of dead money we currently have…again year 2 or 3 so would agree but this year is a pass for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this one…for me Poles has been forced into a corner this year having to fix the cap and being held down with the sheer volume of dead money we currently have…again year 2 or 3 so would agree but this year is a pass for me.

Poles created over half that dead money in just a few moves. Those moves weren't forced on him.

He could have (likely) had Cooper for a 4th or 5th and whose deal has turned out cheap in new WR market for his talents, Chark, Rams center and Buffalo guard and brought in Reiff earlier and had same draft to go with it.

Whole different ball game right now with those additions.  All young and viable aside from Reiff for years to come.  

A WR room of Cooper, Mooney, Chark, Velus and Kmet and Allen at center and Bates at and makes me feel a lot better than what we currently have.

A new interior DL wasn’t that important for bigger picture and should not have been a priority.   And he didn’t get that right having to go to plan B.  

I will say his draft isn’t looking bad at this point.  Especially if the rookie LT hits.    But in 2018 we thought the 2017 draft was amazing.  Turns out not so much in long run.

• Like 2

If you compare LA’s roster to ours right now it is just laughable.  And we couldn’t even get their center who is almost an after thought to them.

They would be 15 or 16 point favorites on a neutral field. 

That being said I still see a lot of positives in teams future. I don’t want to be too negative.

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Poles created over half that dead money in just a few moves. Those moves weren't forced on him.

Of course they were…he had to create dead money this year to fix the cap situation which gives him over $100 million in cap space next year…short term pain for long term gain.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

There was nothing to fix though. We had over 30M in cap to work with before any moves which was about 10th most in the league. Poles used over half of it to create dead cap instead of using to in free agency to help the offense.

EDIT: Excuse me. 25.3M (11th most). We went in with only 16 in dead cap and came out with 57M (24 on one player)

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/every-nfl-team-available-cap-space-before-2022-free-agency/

The Bears are in a good position with the salary cap ahead of free agency, where new general manager Ryan Poles could still make some moves to free up even more cap space.

11 Chicago Bears: $25.3 million

Dead cap: $16.03 million

Key free agent: WR Allen Robinson

Team needs: WR, OL, CB, LB

Edited by JAF-N72EX