NFL+ and NFL+ premium streaming

Totty

On 7/25/2022 at 11:29 PM, BayRaider said:

I don’t think people realize how good of a deal this actually is for people who only get streaming like YoutubeTV purely for football. 

For $80 a year, you get all the primetime games and your local team’s games. Instead of paying $65-75 a month for something like YoutubeTV. 

No reason for me to have cable anymore which I only did between Sept-Feb. 

You also get all the games on demand. Basically Gamepass with live games this year (including your team). 

I mean if you have Youtube TV, then you already get your local games and primetime games + 100 other channels for the same price so Im not sure what this new product solves. 

Sidenote: Has anybody heard about updates with rights for RSN's?? Am I ever going to be able to watch my local NBA/MLB teams again on something like Hulu or YoutubeTV?

Sidenote's Sidenote: If you know of a good website to stream that doesnt buffer ever 5 sec and give you 50 pop ups, PM me please :) 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean if you have Youtube TV, then you already get your local games and primetime games + 100 other channels for the same price so Im not sure what this new product solves. 

It isn't the same price. YouTube TV is $64 a month. FUBO.tv, which I used last year, cost around the same ballpark and all I wanted it for was NFL.  NFL+ is $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year.  Even the premium is a much cheaper alternative than Youtube/Fubo, assuming all you want are NFL games

I'm stoked for this.  I love football so I didn't mind paying the monthly fee for Fubo last year, but it still sucked.  This is far cheaper and gives me what I want.  The only other thing I utilized FUBO for was NBA, but still wasn't enough for me to hold onto it after the season.

Edited by iknowcool

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It isn't the same price. YouTube TV is $64 a month. FUBO.tv, which I used last year, cost around the same ballpark and all I wanted it for was NFL.  NFL+ is $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year.  Even the premium is a much cheaper alternative than Youtube/Fubo, assuming all you want are NFL games

I'm stoked for this.  I love football so I didn't mind paying the monthly fee for Fubo last year, but it still sucked.  This is far cheaper and gives me what I want.  The only other thing I utilized FUBO for was NBA, but still wasn't enough for me to hold onto it after the season.

All of these clowns need to get on the same page. This is about the only time in my life I have asked for cooperate legislation lol Im so sick of having multiple different subscription services that change content rights every 6 months and the cost of cable is astronomical for an entire house.

In the year 2022, it really shouldnt be this difficult to get a better solution.

20 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t think the NFL is capable of doing it stand alone. Everything they do digitally is terrible. Without a streamer or telecomm it would probably be a disaster.

Ever hear of the phrase "anti-competitive practices"? The NFL has been guilty of that with Sunday Ticket for a long time. The other major sports leagues have done it right for decades.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:29 PM, BayRaider said:

I don’t think people realize how good of a deal this actually is for people who only get streaming like YoutubeTV purely for football. 

For $80 a year, you get all the primetime games and your local team’s games. Instead of paying $65-75 a month for something like YoutubeTV. 

No reason for me to have cable anymore which I only did between Sept-Feb. 

You also get all the games on demand. Basically Gamepass with live games this year (including your team). 

Assuming it works as advertised, yeah you're right.

However, this still does nothing for fans who do not live in their team's market.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 9:13 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

**** NFL Gamepass to the darkest corners of hell. What a joke of a website. 

My fondest memory of gamepass the year I had it was the time I dodged bears spoilers the entire day at work like a pro, went home to watch it and it had the final score shown when I went to start the game 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My fondest memory of gamepass the year I had it was the time I dodged bears spoilers the entire day at work like a pro, went home to watch it and it had the final score shown when I went to start the game 

Don’t they have a toggle for that? If it was set to off I would have been infuriated. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t they have a toggle for that? If it was set to off I would have been infuriated. 

It happened to me earlier in the season last year when I tried to watched all-22 for a game that hadn't seen yet. The problem was that the same toggle to turn on the two options for all-22 (backfield and endzone) was also the same toggle switch to show the final scores of the game. They eventually fixed this by week 6 or so but it was def a problem at first.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this because now Im running into issues that I dont know of a solution for.

So I use Youtube TV at my primary residence (Cleveland market) and everything is fine. However my family also has a summer residence about 2 hours away in NW Ohio. All was fine last year when they spent weekends at the lake and it would maintain the Cleveland market. Now, apparently YTTV switched the second house to the Detroit market in some sort of update and they cant watch Browns games.

Does anybody else use YTTV in 2 locations? Are you able to set your 'home market' even when traveling so its the same at 2 locations? I feel like every year there is some sort of issue with simply watching live sports because of how things change with all these apps.

If not, do we know if this new NFL product will be some sort of solution to that?

Edited by AkronsWitness

Basically worthless…. Can’t wait to see how they screw up the Sunday Ticket next year but I definitely will be paying for it. Stopped with direct tv a long time ago because I was tired of getting locked in to a terrible service for two years just for Sunday ticket. I’m sure apple, Amazon or whoever will be complete garbage. Hell, apples MLB coverage of games is garbage. 

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is the all-22 still horrendous to work with?

Yes.  I just commented on this in another thread.

Literally nothing changed. Still takes the entire length of the play to render from a pixelated 240p to 720.  Still have the annoying control overlay in the dead center of the screen that darkens it and takes 2 seconds to disappear. Still have to manually switch from sideline view to endzone view. Still skips to random plays at times. Still can't control playback speed like before. Still refreshes the screen at random times during a play and then acts like you are logged out when your not, so you have to refresh again for your account to appear logged in.

• Like 1

That NFL+ is limited to local games is the deal breaker, since I (like a lot of NFL fans) live in the primary media market of a team that is not my favorite team.  When they get the "pick a team and get all their games" and "it also works on something other than a phone or tablet" they can get back to me.

• Like 1