Training Camp 2022, Let’s ride!

AnAngryAmerican

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

FZwjiVeUUAAdv5W?format=jpg&name=medium

Few thoughts on initial Offensive depth chart:

- Rypien behind Johnson is a bit of a surprise. Reports from camp that I've read have Rypien outplaying Josh thus far
- Eric Saubert is wayyyyy down the depth chart. You'd have to imagine him and Tomlinson are fighting for one roster spot. I thought the team would 'punish' Dulcich for the time he's missed; clearly they haven't. Special Teams going to be a deciding factor I imagine
- Usually teams list players has backup for multiple positions on the OL if they are planning on using them in that way. I thought Glasgow might be down as the backup Center, but he isn't

Really surprised to see Muti at RG and Glasgow at LG. That can't be good for Graham. Backup LG's aren't that tough to find. With his salary he's got to be on the trading block. 

Anybody know what his cap hit would be if we trade him?

39 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Really surprised to see Muti at RG and Glasgow at LG. That can't be good for Graham. Backup LG's aren't that tough to find. With his salary he's got to be on the trading block. 

Anybody know what his cap hit would be if we trade him?

Splits the 6 into 3 this year, 3 next year. They’re on the hook for all of it after the restructure. 

Glasgow can play all three interior spots, he would be an ideal backup if you have 7 active. 

Promising OLB Christopher Allen sent to the IR, looks like they wanted to keep him rather than trying to sneak him onto the PS.  Also a couple of RB's signed after Tyreik McAllister waived with an injury settlement. Steve Scott, played with us last year and JaQuan Hardy formerly of the Cowboys now on our TC roster. Can't see either overtaking Borghi, who seems to be opening eyes in camp but we'll need bodies in the preseason. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Splits the 6 into 3 this year, 3 next year. They’re on the hook for all of it after the restructure. 

Glasgow can play all three interior spots, he would be an ideal backup if you have 7 active. 

Yeah, but Muti just passed him at RG, is already better at LG. Many (most?) OL coaches prefer their backup center to be one of their two starting OG's, in this case Meinerz. 

I think Glasgow will have a hard time making the game day roster. Great guy for the 53 in case of injury but not a top 7. Just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Yeah, but Muti just passed him at RG, is already better at LG. Many (most?) OL coaches prefer their backup center to be one of their two starting OG's, in this case Meinerz. 

I think Glasgow will have a hard time making the game day roster. Great guy for the 53 in case of injury but not a top 7. Just my thoughts.

I just don’t trust Muti in pass pro at all based on what I’ve seen, and I’d rather keep the starters in their spots. Meinerz has never snapped in a regular season game before, Glasgow has spent a full season at center.  I want Meinerz to spend a decade just being the best RG he can be. 

I still think Muti, like Malik Reed, is trade bait but he’s now out with some vague knee injury so that might end those plans if they existed. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I just don’t trust Muti in pass pro at all based on what I’ve seen, and I’d rather keep the starters in their spots. Meinerz has never snapped in a regular season game before, Glasgow has spent a full season at center.  I want Meinerz to spend a decade just being the best RG he can be. 

I still think Muti, like Malik Reed, is trade bait but he’s now out with some vague knee injury so that might end those plans if they existed. 

I just don't think you trade a guy like Muti. He'll be the first off the bench in an IOL injury, he's under a cheap contract through 2023 and we'll cut bait with Glasgow. 

Keep in mind, this kid's still learning the game, is probably the strongest IOL in the NFL and we don't miss much when he comes in. If he doesn't take another leap this year trade him during the offseason. Right now there's no way I'd let him go.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

But is Glasgow healthy enough to play at this level any more? It's one thing to have the mental capacity to play all of those positions, but I have serious doubts as to whether his body can hold up at this point in his career.

We see time after time players of his age, with a similar injury background, really struggle to carry on post-injury. The amount of tread kicks in, the motivation to rehabilitate begins to wane, and even the self-belief starts to fade.

How he's used in preseason will be a indicator of how our FO see him. If he's not playing much, you'd assume they are confident he can hold up and they are saving him for the season. If, as I suspect he will, he plays a lot of minutes then there are definite doubts there and he will ultimately be playing for his spot.

An 8 year vet, coming off a serious injury, who's earned $28m over his career with a further $6m guaranteed regardless playing serious minutes in the most physically intense position(s) in Football? Can't say I am convinced he will show out.

Complication is obviously the fact that we'd actually lose $2.9m in cap space this year by cutting him.

8 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I just don't think you trade a guy like Muti. He'll be the first off the bench in an IOL injury, he's under a cheap contract through 2023 and we'll cut bait with Glasgow. 

Keep in mind, this kid's still learning the game, is probably the strongest IOL in the NFL and we don't miss much when he comes in. If he doesn't take another leap this year trade him during the offseason. Right now there's no way I'd let him go.

See, I just don’t necessarily agree that we don’t miss much. I think he’s a total liability in pass pro. He’s obviously an asset as a run blocker, though I still have questions about how the lateral mobility will translate in this offense. We will have a better idea once we get into preseason action, although he notably hasn’t practiced in several days with what they’ve only described as a “knee injury”.

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

But is Glasgow healthy enough to play at this level any more? It's one thing to have the mental capacity to play all of those positions, but I have serious doubts as to whether his body can hold up at this point in his career.

We see time after time players of his age, with a similar injury background, really struggle to carry on post-injury. The amount of tread kicks in, the motivation to rehabilitate begins to wane, and even the self-belief starts to fade.

How he's used in preseason will be a indicator of how our FO see him. If he's not playing much, you'd assume they are confident he can hold up and they are saving him for the season. If, as I suspect he will, he plays a lot of minutes then there are definite doubts there and he will ultimately be playing for his spot.

An 8 year vet, coming off a serious injury, who's earned $28m over his career with a further $6m guaranteed regardless playing serious minutes in the most physically intense position(s) in Football? Can't say I am convinced he will show out.

Complication is obviously the fact that we'd actually lose $2.9m in cap space this year by cutting him.

Yeah, definitely could be the case. 

The depth is a little scary right now. Turner and Compton haven’t practiced at all, Muti has a knee injury they’re not discussing and who knows if Glasgow can still play. 

Watching some highlights from the Broncos/Cowboys scrimmage,  less impressed with the Cowboys O-line than I was more impressed with the Broncos D-line.  Our defense was looking good, leaves me optimistic but feel a bit precarious for the Cowboy fans, their O-line needs some work. 

I watched some of the Cowboys’ stream. I’m sure there’s a lot of carryover from Fangio but philosophically they are attacking instead of reading and reacting. Dak and the other QBs were under duress almost every play. 

It was a pretty big *** whooping and the defensive line let their OL know it 

My friend (not my beat reporter friend) was at camp today but knows football as well as any of us, on Jerry Jeudy, "he's a p***y" Says he is afraid of contact and is not willing to lay it all on the line. Like not even a little bit.

Elway shied away from drafting Alabama players, until his last first round pick, who was Jeudy, an Alabama player. Elway's initial instincts may have proven correct. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

44 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

My friend (not my beat reporter friend) was at camp today but knows football as well as any of us, on Jerry Jeudy, "he's a p***y" Says he is afraid of contact and is not willing to lay it all on the line. Like not even a little bit.

Elway shied away from drafting Alabama players, until his last first round pick, who was Jeudy, an Alabama player. Elway's initial instincts may have proven correct. 

I think Jerry is too naturally good at football and hasn’t ever had to learn how to win the 50/50 plays, the plays Courtland and Tim thrive on. I’ll be more concerned if I see him quitting on a route in a game, alligator arming etc. He has a golden opportunity to turn things around and make a ton of money, if he doesn’t get it this year we can probably close the book on Jerry ever coming close to his ceiling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think Jerry is too naturally good at football and hasn’t ever had to learn how to win the 50/50 plays, the plays Courtland and Tim thrive on. I’ll be more concerned if I see him quitting on a route in a game, alligator arming etc. He has a golden opportunity to turn things around and make a ton of money, if he doesn’t get it this year we can probably close the book on Jerry ever coming close to his ceiling. 

If he shows out come crunch time, I’m change my tune. He was hamstrung the last 2 years by a bad offense and crappy QB play. If he can’t do it now, like you say, he can go play for the McRaiders. 

Other than Jeudy, I heard today was actually really, really good for us all around. Sounds like they took the (always overhyped, perpetually overrated) Cowboys to the woodshed.

I wish we would have been able to host a better team - maybe one that was well coached and had a roster that was more than just a few overpaid, media-created superstars with no depth - for the intersquad scrimmage but you play the cards your dealt.