Training Camp 2022, Let’s ride!

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

It's a long season. I'd prefer to keep the talent and depth at one of the most important positions on the team, EDGE. Especially given Gregory is still out rehabbing. If he is out for any considerable amount of time and we trade off Chubb, I would hate rolling out Browning and Reed as our starting OLBs. 

Plus Browning / Bonnito aren’t even proven to succeed as NFL EDGE’s.    Unless you have time machine tech to know Gregory is ok and both young kids are ready to play (and play well) I don’t see how you deal anyone with that uncertainty.    An off-season tag & trade, sure I could see.  But only if the other 3 of 4 guys all work out (I don’t count on Reed until he shows it in reg season).  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Everyone had Chubb as a top 4 pick that year so him falling to us was anticipated as a windfall. As for Nelson, I agree he is a generational talent (and I know your fondness for all the big uglies) but still so easy to see it clearer with hindsight. 

And to be fair, Chubb's 12.5 sacks in his first year was what was expected to continue and grow upon, Von was getting up there and needed a pairing of Chubb's stature to further his career. But two injury years has diminished Bradley's career overview, it'll be interesting to see what he brings this year as well. 

To be Fair to AKRNA he didn’t need hindsight. He was calling it all along. He was high on Nelson before the combine. 

concerning Chubb I think he can still be a top 20 edge in this league. Is that worth a top 5 pick? In most years perhaps. But not that year. Not with Josh Allen and Nelson still on the board.

• Like 3

I think Chubb will both prove his value and price himself out of here if he can play a full season (which is just a coin flip). He’s a really well rounded player and probably has 40+ sacks by now if injuries don’t derail him. He’s not in the Watt, Von, Garrett, Mack etc. class of elite talents of course but the player he’s been when healthy is pretty close to what people envisioned. 

4 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

To be Fair to AKRNA he didn’t need hindsight. He was calling it all along. He was high on Nelson before the combine. 

concerning Chubb I think he can still be a top 20 edge in this league. Is that worth a top 5 pick? In most years perhaps. But not that year. Not with Josh Allen and Nelson still on the board.

If you ever get a chance, take a look at some college tape. He really was that amazingly good.

• Like 2

One quarter down. Browning has been pretty impressive! He's going to be a really nice rotational piece this year. On the other end, our O-line has a lot of work to do. They don't look cohesive and have barely held up in pass protection. Josh Johnson is extremely underwhelming as well. Hoping Rypien can show out and make this an easy back up decision. 

Halftime.

Josh Johnson really turned it around in the second quarter and played super well. He still doesn't have the best ball placement but did a great job finding the open receiver and giving them an opportunity to come down with it.

Brandon Johnson stepped up as well after an early drop and Hinton with a beautiful route and catch for a TD. 

Curious about the playcall balance and if it's what we should expect in the season. 23 passes to 9 runs.

For a brand new scheme, coaching staff, etc. It's promising to only have two penalties so far.  

48 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

One quarter down. Browning has been pretty impressive! He's going to be a really nice rotational piece this year. On the other end, our O-line has a lot of work to do. They don't look cohesive and have barely held up in pass protection. Josh Johnson is extremely underwhelming as well. Hoping Rypien can show out and make this an easy back up decision. 

You've got me curious about the OL. Are we playing starters?

I've been nervous about them all off season. 

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Anderson played a series or two at RT. Bolles/Risner/Cush/Meinerz all didn’t play. No Muti, Braden, Compton or Turner so the OL play is pretty rough 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I saw Anderson out at RT for a couple series and he looked like he held up relatively well, but I think he was the only "starter". I saw Wattenberg at C and Glasgow out there at G as well. They did better in pass pro in the second quarter but the run game was real rough.