Training Camp 2022, Let’s ride!

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Is this Buffalo's 1st unit against our scrubs or something?

First two drives was their entire 1st unit, other than Allen for the 2nd drive.

It couldn't look any more like the Browns game from last year. Mauled at the Line, which makes it very hard to play LB, and also makes tackling harder as the RB has more momentum and more time to make cuts. 

Just an all out beasting.

Yes, it's our backups, but these D Lineman are going to need to play a LOT. That's a concern.

• Like 1

Run the ball, stop the run. We're getting exposed. I know it's preseason but we've been dominated at the LOS on both sides in the running game in both games. Sure, no starters but that's not a positive. 

Once again, you might want to temper your expectations. I don't think we hit .500. Yes, we'll have a better QB and OC but so far we seem to have gone backward in all other aspects.

You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong. I'm not getting younger and would love to see another championship. I just think we've taken the wrong path.

28 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Run the ball, stop the run. We're getting exposed. I know it's preseason but we've been dominated at the LOS on both sides in the running game in both games. Sure, no starters but that's not a positive. 

Once again, you might want to temper your expectations. I don't think we hit .500. Yes, we'll have a better QB and OC but so far we seem to have gone backward in all other aspects.

You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong. I'm not getting younger and would love to see another championship. I just think we've taken the wrong path.

What was “the wrong path”? You don’t win without a quarterback and our last two coaching staffs were a joke.

Edited by BroncoBruin

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I was with you til the end. I think early one we will take a small step back as the scheme gets taught. But over all, the direction and the culture of the team are heading in the right direction, after heading in the wrong direction for most of the last decade 

20 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Outside of Bolles and Anderson I'm not impressed by our OT group. I was hoping Bailey might come around but I guess not. 

I thought they would look at trading for Chicago's Teven Jenkins, but that may not happen for now (the Bears moved Jenkins to G).

One takeaway I had: The 2020 draft has yet to produce a quality starter. Good chance Jeudy gets there but entering year 3 that’s where it stands. Agim and Ojemudia look like busts. Mathis gave up the TD to Davis on that Josh Allen rocket shot but you can see he moves a lot better than Ojemudia, who just looks too stiff and a step too slow. 

Very clear they need more depth in the trenches and at linebacker. Uwazurike has been disappointing as an older rookie with pro ready size. 

On the positive side, amazing scouting work to find 3 potential NFL caliber WRs with almost no investment. A 5th rounder everyone called a reach and two UDFAs and they all look deserving of roster spots. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I was with you til the end. I think early one we will take a small step back as the scheme gets taught. But over all, the direction and the culture of the team are heading in the right direction, after heading in the wrong direction for most of the last decade 

I'll get back to ya bud. You all make good points and you all know I pay attention. We're all fans and want the best for the team. 

I just differ in my opinion of whats best. That's not right or wrong. It's an opinion based on well over half a century of being a die hard Broncos and NFL fan. (Had my picture along with my little sister on the front page of the Denver Post Sports Section getting Cookie Gilchrists autograph) That was almost 60 years ago.

I'm as much of a fan now as I was then.

Edited by AKRNA

4 major points from yesterday:

1.   Our DL/ILB depth is a legit issue.   If we have Dre'mont Jones, DJ Jones and D'Shawn Williams out there, it's good.   Anyone goes down,  the play suffers.   Really could use 1 more run-stuffer out there.  Same for our ILB's right now.   Not at all surprised why Paton went out and signed Joe Schobert, even if he's mostly washed, he's likely still a top 4 guy (and that's scary if he is mostly washed).

2.   BUF's roster is deep and talented.  We knew that, just got to see it first-hand.

3.  Albert O has definitely done something to get both Wilson's and Hackett's ire, supposedly blocking.  Not only did he play a lot yesterday when no other starter played, Renck's explanation.

4.  Before ppl go crazy, it was men vs. boys yesterday, and not talking pure talent - see the snap counts.  

Look at that snap count, and more importantly, realize that BUF kept their starting lineups for about a quarter, and then it was the 2nd stringers vs. our 2nd/3rd stringers, 3rd vs. 3rd/4th, etc.    The only OL starter who got snaps was Meinerz at 13 (it sure seems like Billy Turner is getting the RT starter treatment).

It shows we absolutely have depth issues at DL, which we knew.   And that BUF deserves the label as AFC favorite, as their roster depth really shows out.  But that's about all we can glean from this. 

What I would have loved to see - was us scrimmaging vs. BUF in the week.  THAT would have been far more insightful, because it would have been straight up 1's vs. 1's (even if it's 7 on 7, or 1 on 1), and 2's vs. 2's.     I'm disappointed we won't see us scrimmage against Minnesota, either.   Would have been great to have 2 diff teams to compare.

P.S.  It sucked to lose Ojemudia, hopefully we can avoid any big injuries this week, and get ready for the return to SEA for Russ.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Total side note - Von Miller pure class yesterday.   Won't ever think anything but a Bronco, pretty clear he'll always have Denver in his heart (but it's a business, and getting the $$ and another ring was A+ for him).   Going in as a Bronco when Canton calls for him (the debate is whether he'd be a first ballot, I'm not quite there, but pretty easy case that he's getting in).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

P.S.  It sucked to lose Ojemudia, hopefully we can avoid any big injuries this week, and get ready for the return to SEA for Russ.

Always sucks to get injuries, obviously first and foremost for the players.

From a roster contribution perspective - Ojemudia was just brutal against the Bills. Got torched relentlessly. Like I said earlier - I honestly think it could've been the game that got him cut (I don't know what the injury does for his guarantees that might help keep him on the roster).

• Like 1