Training Camp 2022, Let’s ride!

AnAngryAmerican

Fulgham immediately claimed by GB.  Not that surprising, given the recognition of his time at Philly.   Never had a realistic shot to stay wish him well.  

The bigger Q is whether Jones/Johnson get an offer (not enough to burn a waiver claim, but injuries etc. can change the thinking).

Edited by Broncofan

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

If Cam Fleming is now getting reps at RT, I think we can probably close the book on the Calvin Anderson experiment.

I doubt they see Calvin as an experiment. He's the only guy outside of Bolles on the roster that can play at this level on the left side. IMO he's been a roster lock since day 1 as a swing OT. Just no questions there.

I think Flemings just getting ready for his roster debut. IMO he's fighting for a spot against a young group of OT's. We'll see how he does but I think it's pretty uphill for him to make the cut.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I doubt they see Calvin as an experiment. He's the only guy outside of Bolles on the roster that can play at this level on the left side. IMO he's been a roster lock since day 1 as a swing OT. Just no questions there.

I think Flemings just getting ready for his roster debut. IMO he's fighting for a spot against a young group of OT's. We'll see how he does but I think it's pretty uphill for him to make the cut.

The experiment I mean is developing him as their right tackle of the future. He looks maxed out as a swing guy to me and he’s looked better on the left side 

7 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I never could understand from the day the hire was made what Elway/Ellis saw in Vic Fangio that made them say “oh yeah, this is the guy to lead us out of the NFL cellar.” 

VJ.  You can learn a lot about the marriage by who they date next 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

The experiment I mean is developing him as their right tackle of the future. He looks maxed out as a swing guy to me and he’s looked better on the left side 

Okay, I misunderstood. I've had misgivings about him as our starting RT. I think he'd be the best we've got there but his value to me is as a Swing OT. It's a long season and to have a guy that can spell a starter on either side with little if any drop off is huge. We haven't had that since Chris Clark.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Okay, I misunderstood. I've had misgivings about him as our starting RT. I think he'd be the best we've got there but his value to me is as a Swing OT. It's a long season and to have a guy that can spell a starter on either side with little if any drop off is huge. We haven't had that since Chris Clark.

Agreed. I think he’s definitely a useful NFL player. But it’s not a great sign that he is now competing with Cam Fleming and they have no playable depth with Turner and Compton on the shelf. 

52 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Agreed. I think he’s definitely a useful NFL player. But it’s not a great sign that he is now competing with Cam Fleming and they have no playable depth with Turner and Compton on the shelf. 

Outside of Bolles and Anderson I'm not impressed by our OT group. I was hoping Bailey might come around but I guess not. 

• Like 1

We are really seeing the interior DL issues we've all mentioned throughout the off-season. It's a big, big concern. Every single one of them is getting blown off the ball.

This might be the game that gets Ojemudia cut. He's been picked from the first drive. Hope he isn't hurt too bad.