Training Camp 2022, Let’s ride!

AnAngryAmerican

14 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Gahhh. That's a big loss if its as bad as feared. He was the one constant we had at WR. Everyone else is a medical question mark, unproven, or both.

Glad Tim got paid before this happened.

Absolutely.

The only "blessing" is that Sutton at full strength likely takes over the big body role, and we did want to incorporate Hamler and some pure home run speed into our lineup.   But yeah, it always hurts to lose a top 3 roster WR, just have to rely on our depth.   The one area we'll likely have a clear downgrade is in the run blocking game - he was such a complete player.   Even if Hamler / other 3rd WR is great in the receiving game, it's hard to think they'll bring the same tenacity to their blocking game.

And make no mistake - the account that it was after he landed that the knee buckled - it would be a major upset if it's not the ACL.  Ugh.

13 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Well damn. Interested to see if Seth Williams can step up into that backup X position. Otherwise, we will be lacking a bunch of size out wide

Williams probably went from getting cut to having a clear path to the top 6.  Washington, Hinton and he would be my guesses (with both UDFA’s Davis & Johnson making the PS).  

Tyrie Cleveland is only an inch shorter but has really only shown the vertical threat and ST ability.    

As long as our corps doesn’t lose a top 4 guy we should be ok.   Just sucks to happen and so early.  

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Williams probably went from getting cut to having a clear path to the top 6.  Washington, Hinton and he would be my guesses (with both UDFA’s Davis & Johnson making the PS).  

Tyrie Cleveland is only an inch shorter but has really only shown the vertical threat and ST ability.    

As long as our corps doesn’t lose a top 4 guy we should be ok.   Just sucks to happen and so early.  

Yeah, Williams and Cleveland, though both one dimensional, have diametrically opposite games. Williams   is a guy who makes 50/50 balls 70/30. (Mainly because he has so much experience with them as much like Tim Tebow, every ball Bo Nix throws is a 50/50 ball)

He will be a fan favorite in the red zone and on out routes. But his route running and cutting is some of the worst on the team.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

This seems like the most likely outcome for the dilemma. While not a great receiving corp, there was so much potential and Patrick was a solid possession receiver, our most reliable WR. Very sad for Tim,

RB Crockett got the same news, he was having a strong camp but still looking like a PS guy. 

If I’m George I fire the head trainer tomorrow. 

But in all seriousness tough blow. Good news is we have some depth at WR. I don’t want to push the panic button and run out and sign ODB or something. Let’s see how the young guys shake out and maybe add a cheap vet to a one year deal before the regular season begins. 

Awful loss. TP is a great role player, underrated part of this offense, and by all accounts a great guy. Gonna be hard to replace him. I would imagine we'll see what some of the guys on the roster bring to the table, but honestly, I would prefer we go out and sign a veteran. I'd bring in Beckham but that's just me. Might even consider Hilton. I don't personally think Seth Williams/Tyrie Cleveland/Hinton/Washington are sufficient replacements.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Awful loss. TP is a great role player, underrated part of this offense, and by all accounts a great guy. Gonna be hard to replace him. I would imagine we'll see what some of the guys on the roster bring to the table, but honestly, I would prefer we go out and sign a veteran. I'd bring in Beckham but that's just me. Might even consider Hilton. I don't personally think Seth Williams/Tyrie Cleveland/Hinton/Washington are sufficient replacements.

Beckham injured his ACL in late January.   Even if he has an AP freak like recovery he isn’t playing until late October / early November.   And typically he won’t be his usual self until 18 months.   For the $ hard pass.   Hilton is really aging.  

We’ll be fine in the pass game without him in Hackett’s O so long as Sutton / Jeudy / Hamler are healthy.    The part that’s a lot harder to replace is his blocking game.  And the leadership he brought.   The available vets aren’t great in those areas

Edited by Broncofan