Roster cuts

raidr4life

18 hours ago, Geezy said:

Cutting Robinson, Cole and Phillips tells me they ain’t afraid to cut their own guys either. 

Those were fringe veteran additions this year who were all on 1 year deals. This staff brought in a number of Past patriots signings who all made the team. 

A scholarship player is generally a draft pick or big FA signing by the regime.  Who then keeps his spot on the team to not make the GM or staff decision look bad

Edited by bucksavage1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not confident in this team competing in a stacked AFC west right now. These issues on the Oline are going to be a problem. They have among the worst Oline's in football. Simpson, Cotton are not starting caliber players. James is average. The RT spot is in complete flux with the job being handed to Elumenor by default. 

As much as I appreciate what the new FO has done, neglecting the Oline which was an obvious issue coming off last season is going to hurt them. Parham may be starting sooner than later, but the depth and talent on this unit is terrible. 

I’m concerned how we are gonna block Bosa and Mack game 1. There’s strong parts of this team and other parts that can be a disaster. 

Gotta hope Rock Is a starting #1 corner

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Speaking of scholarship guys what up with rb bolden. He didn’t play any preseason snaps is he even good? 

He and Abdullah are pretty much filling the same role. 

And truth be told, I'd have rather stuck a claim in for JJ Taylor than keep both Bolden and Abdullah. At least there could be some untapped potential there. Bolden and Abdullah are what they are and on the decline these days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm failing to see the plan here....

Either they really like what they see with the first team in practice or they have their eye on something. 

Or are about to be humbled in week 1.  

Me too. I am hoping the scheme and eleumunor will help. That and Parham's emergence.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm failing to see the plan here....

Either they really like what they see with the first team in practice or they have their eye on something. 

Or are about to be humbled in week 1.  

Perhaps a copycat league dilemma. Bengals got the the SB with a poor offensive line

FO and McDaniels showing some red flags with neglecting the o-line.  I do not know if they are expecting Carr to run the offense *** efficiently as Brady was and getting the ball out quick.  There is a big difference between the 2 ability to process the game under pressure.  Brady new where the play was supposed to go but then would change if the defensive look was not right.  So he knew the correct place to go pre-snap and what to do if things broke down.  When the field is shortened Carr knows what the play calls for and does a 1,2, brain fart progression.  If it is not there quickly he panics.  Without a strong line and running game I am afraid we are going to see a lot of 1,2, brain fart plays in the redzone.  This is not a crap on Carr comment either.  This is just what he has shown to be so far in his career.  Even Brady has had a couple sub 60% TD/redzone years with McDaniel the past decade.

36 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

FO and McDaniels showing some red flags with neglecting the o-line.  I do not know if they are expecting Carr to run the offense *** efficiently as Brady was and getting the ball out quick.  There is a big difference between the 2 ability to process the game under pressure.  Brady new where the play was supposed to go but then would change if the defensive look was not right.  So he knew the correct place to go pre-snap and what to do if things broke down.  When the field is shortened Carr knows what the play calls for and does a 1,2, brain fart progression.  If it is not there quickly he panics.  Without a strong line and running game I am afraid we are going to see a lot of 1,2, brain fart plays in the redzone.  This is not a crap on Carr comment either.  This is just what he has shown to be so far in his career.  Even Brady has had a couple sub 60% TD/redzone years with McDaniel the past decade.

It's frustrating, for sure. 

Our Run game was pretty lackluster last year, and as much as I'm not a Jacobs stan, the OL had a big part in that. 

What bugs me is that Adams and Renfrow "just get open" and Carr is pretty accurate most of the time. But it feels like they're banking heavily on Adams and Renfrow "just getting open" and Carr being accurate, which becomes a ticking time bomb with a bad OL. Objectively better players on the right side have been available, we've just avoided it fairly needlessly. 

If our offense were to fail, I'd rather see it fail because the skill positions suck. I'm tired of seeing is look like a million bucks passing the ball at times only to watch poor blocking eventually wear us down. 

• Like 1