Raiders to release Kenyan Drake

NYRaider

On 8/23/2022 at 1:18 AM, Geezy said:

Imagine if we didn’t waste so many assets

Story of the last few decades of being a Raider fan. How many first round picks have we squandered since the Superbowl appearance? We've had 21 first round picks since then and I can only think of Mack, Nnamdi and Miller as good picks, the rest are either outright busts or very underwhelming..............😢

You would literally have better odds just throwing darts at a wall. 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Story of the last few decades of being a Raiser fan. How many first round picks have we squandered since the Superbowl appearance? We've had 21 first round picks since then and I can only think of Mack, Nnamdi and Miller as good picks, the rest are either outright busts or very underwhelming..............😢

You would literally have better odds just throwing darts at a wall. 

Jacobs as well has been a good pick but agreed otherwise. 

50 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Bad value in round 1. He's a good back, but doesn't have any elite playmaking ability to justify being a round 1 pick. By contrast, this regime took Zues in round 4 who is similar physically, but has breakaway speed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Well, I wouldn’t argue that he’s been a good player, but for a first round pick in my book on a RB I’d expect a bit more. I’d want a Perennial Pro Bowl type RB as the position is not highly valued and good rather than great RBs can be picked up later. Kind of like a guard, if you pick one in the first he has to be a Quentin Nelson not a Robert Gallery.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Well, I wouldn’t argue that he’s been a good player, but for a first round pick in my book on a RB I’d expect a bit more. I’d want a Perennial Pro Bowl type RB as the position is not highly valued and good rather than great RBs can be picked up later. Kind of like a guard, if you pick one in the first he has to be a Quentin Nelson not a Robert Gallery.

very very true, and at the same time its so sad that Gallery is still probably one of our most successful 1st round draft picks in the last 20 years lol

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, Darbsk said:

Top 15 pick I would agree but anything after you want some solid who makes a good contribution,.

He was taken late in the first and done well, it’s a good pick imo sure he’s not elite but not all late first round picks are going to be elite. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dessie said:

Top 15 pick I would agree but anything after you want some solid who makes a good contribution,.

He was taken late in the first and done well, it’s a good pick imo sure he’s not elite but not all late first round picks are going to be elite. 

That’s the point really, he’s a good player. If he was a QB or an OT or a CB or a DE then it’d probably be a good pick, but to me, a good RB can be picked up a heck of a lot lower down the draft order. If I’m picking a RB in the first round he needs to be elite to me to make sense. Therefore I guess the pick is OK in isolation but I dont regard it as a ‘good pick’ as it’s not good value. 

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

That’s the point really, he’s a good player. If he was a QB or an OT or a CB or a DE then it’d probably be a good pick, but to me, a good RB can be picked up a heck of a lot lower down the draft order. If I’m picking a RB in the first round he needs to be elite to me to make sense. Therefore I guess the pick is OK in isolation but I dont regard it as a ‘good pick’ as it’s not good value. 

I agree.  On the field and the value of draft positions.  There is a style of fantasy value based drafting that not only ranks how good players are relative to others at there position but also how many are drafted from that position and how much of a difference those positions are relative to each other.  Now the actual draft would be more concerned with actual wins and loses but the draft does take into account positional importance.  So if you know the expected average players at a position go in rounds 2 and 3 then if you are taking one in the first their production needs to increase with the increase in draft slot importance.  If a 1st is as valuable as 2 2nds then your 1st rounder needs to have the value impact of the 2 2nds.  Now this also must take into account scarcity of spots so if you rank players on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best, a 7 would be as valuable as say 2 5s.  Now this way of thinking is some what arbitrary but that is also why you need a decision maker who understands the value of different positions based upon the system and coaches along with a innate feel for how the draft flows.  Gruden and Mayock did not have it.  McDaniels and Zeigler is still up in the air.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:33 AM, Darbsk said:

Jacobs has been the best RB from his class tho.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah well all yall talking about you can find a RB later on. It's easier said than done.

Not really. 2nd-5th round RB’s pop every year. Only the Raiders do asinine things like use a 3rd on a converted QB/slot WR with plans to convert him to RB in a year with no OTA’s. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah well all yall talking about you can find a RB later on. It's easier said than done.

I wanted David Montgomery, was made about the Mack trade, and them taking him with our 3rd was just salt in the wound.

It also looks like we got to good 2 mid to late round RBs this year.

Edited by drfrey13