2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that Flus just said in his press conference that at times they want a bigger guy at the LE spot in this defence at times...I wonder if they do feel Will Anderson is a little small for the scheme.

so play him at RDE. Anderson has arguably been a top 3 player in all of CFB the last two years - even his "down" year is a career year for most guys. to not take him because flus's "system" likes bigger guys would be dumb. It's like nagy not running fields last year because it's not his system.

and honestly, i'm not sure i even expect flus here past 2024

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

so play him at RDE. Anderson has arguably been a top 3 player in all of CFB the last two years - even his "down" year is a career year for most guys. to not take him because flus's "system" likes bigger guys would be dumb. It's like nagy not running fields last year because it's not his system.

and honestly, i'm not sure i even expect flus here past 2024

I don't think anyone is saying they won't rate Anderson highly...I just think if both Anderson & Carter are on the board then Carter is the pick & they turn elsewhere for DE help...

Flus has done nothing in his time here to suggest he will be fired after two seasons.

54 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that Flus just said in his press conference that at times they want a bigger guy at the LE spot in this defence at times...I wonder if they do feel Will Anderson is a little small for the scheme.

Im not sure we've seen anything out of the guys who we have here right now that they are anything more than situational rushers, Anderson would step right in an be the unquestioned End, with those guy rotating in, along with whoever we find to be the larger run defender.

But as you said, they may value Cater higher, as the UT spot is the most crucial one for this defensive scheme. But if somehow it falls that we are the #3 pick, and no one trades up for a QB, and we dont have the decision to make, I dont think we wuld be mad that we have to take Will Anderson

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Im not sure we've seen anything out of the guys who we have here right now that they are anything more than situational rushers, Anderson would step right in an be the unquestioned End, with those guy rotating in, along with whoever we find to be the larger run defender.

But as you said, they may value Cater higher, as the UT spot is the most crucial one for this defensive scheme. But if somehow it falls that we are the #3 pick, and no one trades up for a QB, and we dont have the decision to make, I dont think we wuld be mad that we have to take Will Anderson

I don't think anyone would be...I just think their preference would be to get bigger upfront. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Flus has done nothing in his time here to suggest he will be fired after two seasons.

Eberflus* strikes me as the dead-average kind of HC that might end up being respected mostly because of having a specail QB on his team.  Fine by me if he gets carried up by Fields. I've really seen zero special traits or ideas. He'd make en excellent neighbor even if he's probably a bit fussy about his lawn. 

What's the cost difference in FA for DT and edge rushers at the top?  I don't really think either Carter or Anderson is going to be world beaters, but understand that Carter probably fits better. Even so aren't pass rushers usually more $, so maybe it makes sense to get Anderson for when we are eventually on a budget again?

*If I had time and motivation I would creat "Mark Uberfleece" on twitter as some kind of alternate universe Eberflus. Crazy innovative but unstable genius coach.  

51 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

i agree, i don't think he's done anything to be fired, but i have a feeling that justin is going to grow into something really good and we're gonna top out at 7-9 wins and feel the need to get an offensive hc to "take us over the top," similar to john fox

idk just a feeling tho, i will admit flus is doing better than fox

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Eberflus* strikes me as the dead-average kind of HC that might end up being respected mostly because of having a specail QB on his team.  Fine by me if he gets carried up by Fields. I've really seen zero special traits or ideas.

this is my point. i think he's fine, but is he good enough to make us a SB contender? probs not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

this is my point. i think he's fine, but is he good enough to make us a SB contender? probs not

I said it a while ago and stand by it, if Getsy gets Fields looking like a franchise QB and balling out next year he will get HC offers, and the Bears would look at dropping Eberflus to keep Getsy as HC.

That being said Getsy has a LONG way to go before being really noted for HC vacancies. He neutered the offense to the point it looked like intentionally tanking in the 2nd half yesterday. But if Fields looks like a stud in his offense next year you might make the drop and hire a high profile DC to keep the rookie HC from being overwhelmed. Like how the Rams did with McVay and Wade Phillips. 

@Heinz D. What if that happens and we get Fangio back? We get to go back to the 3-4 you love so much! 😁

12 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i agree, i don't think he's done anything to be fired, but i have a feeling that justin is going to grow into something really good and we're gonna top out at 7-9 wins and feel the need to get an offensive hc to "take us over the top," similar to john fox

idk just a feeling tho, i will admit flus is doing better than fox

I just feel this is an overly pessimistic viewpoint...

In a full-on tank season Flus has kept that locker room tight...no one throwing their toys out the pram in the media...no one showing indiscipline on the field...no one is taking plays off...these things matter when it comes to building a culture...we have been on the wrong end of the talent divide in basically every game this season but in terms of coaching I don't think we have been massively outcoached very often at all...Flus might not be exciting but that shouldn't matter to anyone...this is a guy who when he gets some talent on that defence will get us back into the top 10...you add Fields in with that and you have winning football. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Eberflus* strikes me as the dead-average kind of HC that might end up being respected mostly because of having a specail QB on his team.  Fine by me if he gets carried up by Fields. I've really seen zero special traits or ideas. He'd make en excellent neighbor even if he's probably a bit fussy about his lawn. 

You mean like Brandon Staley? Hows that working out for the Chargers these days?

26 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

And you guys think that is going to get him the boot in just a couple of seasons? IF that were to be the case, it would take more than that to have anyone looking to upgrade on him

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I said it a while ago and stand by it, if Getsy gets Fields looking like a franchise QB and balling out next year he will get HC offers, and the Bears would look at dropping Eberflus to keep Getsy as HC.

This just doesnt happen

Edited by StLunatic88

42 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This just doesnt happen

I hope Eberflus does well but 13 weeks in I'm skeptical.  He was lauded as a taskmaster but can't get his DEs to prioritize containment, especially when KNOWING the QB is mobile. I understand there is a lack of talent but that is coaching and discipline.  

That being said I think Eberflus and Getsy will both be here in 2023 and 2024 too. Few QBs have the athleticism to run this offense and even with a significantly improved roster he should still play to Fields strengths and gradually move to more traditional sets.  

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

The only counterpoint I have looks like, sounds like, and is in fact, Mike McCarthy. 

I guess it's nice fans aren't hunting Eberfluseses'daughters on Instagram (Trestman era, really happened) but I really struggle to see what this staff is above average at. I do applaud the decision to start moving Fields around, but frankly I think it only happened when all the bears fans in Chicago yelled "move the pocket!"all at the same time. 

Not saying you can't win a lot with these guys, but I really think they'll go exactly as far as Fields takes them. 

37 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I hope Eberflus does well but 13 weeks in I'm skeptical.  He was lauded as a taskmaster but can't get his DEs to prioritize containment, especially when KNOWING the QB is mobile. I understand there is a lack of talent but that is coaching and discipline.  

You are basing all of this on the DE play? Of guys who likely wouldn’t start for 30 other teams, and only sub package players for like half the league right now?

Seems like an unrealistic bar to measure by