2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

For the first pick depending on where they pick I am leaning towards either Jalen Carter or Myles Murphy.

I still think there is a chance we mess this up by getting a win somewhere and if we are picking say 4-7 then Murphy should 100% be in play…according to people in the know he will blow away the combine and when you see that along with his play in the field I would say he is a more refunded version of Trevon Walker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I still think there is a chance we mess this up by getting a win somewhere and if we are picking say 4-7 then Murphy should 100% be in play…according to people in the know he will blow away the combine and when you see that along with his play in the field I would say he is a more refunded version of Trevon Walker.

I'd rather have Carter or Anderson anyway. If him shooting up the board correlates into one of them falling, perfect, especially if they do finish 4-13

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I like Braxton Jones and think he is clear cut our 2nd best linemen this season but Fashanu has the potential to be a truly elite LT is he continues to develop.

Crazy part is how young he is. He's only 19 and would be a 20 year old rookie for almost the entire rookie season. I see no reason he shouldn't STILL improve physically as he gets his 'man strength' and more work with pro level trainers. He is plenty strong right now but at that age you would expect a Grasu/Chris Williams "finesse" player because of his lack of strength.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd rather have Carter or Anderson anyway. If him shooting up the board correlates into one of them falling, perfect, especially if they do finish 4-13

Carter or Fashanu for me…I like Anderson don’t get me wrong but I feel the ceiling of those two are higher…Carter by getting him in this scheme…Fashanu given the age and upside…Anderson is great but I don’t see this scheme elevating his play as much.

If we aren't in a position to get Carter or look to trade down a DT I am higher than most on is Alabama's Byron Young...he has the explosiveness to get out his stance and play that UT spot while also being physical for being 6-3" 290lbs...plays with real intensity and toughness.

We're way too early for this to mean anything, but playing with multiple different draft sims... Right now my best non trade drafts involve getting Anderson-de at 3, then snagging  Harrison-de and often like Mazi Smith-DT with the first 3 picks. 

I'm not sure if Smith could be a 3t, since he's more of a super athletic NT, but that'd be 3 of the most athletic prospects in the entire draft for the DL. 

I think my largest issues right now with the draft sims mocks for us are:

1. I can't land a receiver I want on any of them now. Hyatt and Rice have both been climbing to early 2nd round and out of our range..... Dammit Claypool, you're killing my mocks. 

2.i keep seeing a running back like Gibbs slip to our late 2nd......

For reference, my offseason plan right now would be getting Conklin to play right tackle in FA and then either Barkley or Pollard to replace Monty. The value on Gibbs late second is honestly hard to ignore, but even if we (mis)used him as a wr a ton, I can't justify having 3 backs of that caliber at once. There's just no way to feed them all. 

On 11/22/2022 at 7:48 AM, beardown3231 said:

For me at DE it’s Anderson a clear 1, then Murphy and Tyree Wilson 2 and 2a. Both are physical freaks with enormous upside. Anderson is a turn key impact edge rusher though. I think he’s in that Bosa tier as a prospect. Per most draft analysts I’ve seen comment on it he would’ve been ahead of both Walker and Hutchinson if allowed in last year’s draft, and they went 1st and 2nd. 

On top of that, I’ll be shocked if we don’t hit DT with a very significant piece this FA cycle, and maybe multiple pieces. I think it’ll be Da’Ron Payne if he’s available, but if not we’re still gonna make a significant investment there. Even with our “limited” budget in 2022 FA, DT was the one position we looked to spend top of market money on with Ogunjobi. I think that, along with the lack of top tier DEs set to hit FA, is a pretty strong indicator where our top defensive FA priority will be. By draft day DT may not even be a need (not that we should draft for need - just that it should be a differentiator if you have two top prospects with the same grade).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

For me at DE it’s Anderson a clear 1, then Murphy and Tyree Wilson 2 and 2a. Both are physical freaks with enormous upside. Anderson is a turn key impact edge rusher though. I think he’s in that Bosa tier as a prospect. Per most draft analysts I’ve seen comment on it he would’ve been ahead of both Walker and Hutchinson if allowed in last year’s draft, and they went 1st and 2nd. 

On top of that, I’ll be shocked if we don’t hit DT with a very significant piece this FA cycle, and maybe multiple pieces. I think it’ll be Da’Ron Payne if he’s available, but if not we’re still gonna make a significant investment there. Even with our “limited” budget in 2022 FA, DT was the one position we looked to spend top of market money on with Ogunjobi. I think that, along with the lack of top tier DEs set to hit FA, is a pretty strong indicator where our top defensive FA priority will be. By draft day DT may not even be a need (not that we should draft for need - just that it should be a differentiator if you have two top prospects with the same grade).

This where I’m at and pretty much domes up why I’m going with Murphy first. I think Anderson will be gone and if the Bears go with Payne or similar Carter might be too redundant.  

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Just going by what we have seen... he values part time kick returners more.

One can argue that drafting Velus and the negative impact that he has had thus far has directly impacted our current record and draft position specifically to draft Fashanu. Poles is actually working on his draft strategy for 2025. He is an evil genius.