2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

This is who I have the Bears getting currently.  Would be a steal to get Will Anderson at #3 but could happen with all the QB desperation out there.  Sanborn has been solid at ILB but Eichenberg could be good insurance and could play opposite Sanborn in a 3/4 but Morrow has been very solid for the Bears in that spot as well but maybe they will stay in a 4/3 type D.  But they do have Dominique Robinson who would be best in a 3/4 same with Gibson as well.  

1st round: 3. Chicago Bears: Will Anderson Jr Alabama JR DE/OLB

2nd round: 57. Chicago Bears (via Baltimore Ravens): Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State RS JR ILB

3rd round: 67. Chicago Bears: Colby Wooden Auburn RS JR DE/DT

4th round: 99. Chicago Bears: Tiawan Mullen Indiana SR CB

5th round: 131. Chicago Bears: Chase Brown Illinois RS JR RB
5th round:  153. Chicago Bears (via Baltimore Ravens): Cameron Latu Alabama RS SR TE

7th round: 195. Chicago Bears: Isaac Slade-Matautia SMU RS SR LB

Is odd they have not got more production out of Claypool, that dude is talented but maybe he does not know the offense quite yet.  And I guess OL could be a massive need and I should have them addressing that position, but they have surprisingly played decent this year I thought considering.  Has Leatherwood played yet for them, curious how he would do if he gets a shot later this year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

This is who I have the Bears getting currently.  Would be a steal to get Will Anderson at #3 but could happen with all the QB desperation out there.  Sanborn has been solid at ILB but Eichenberg could be good insurance and could play opposite Sanborn in a 3/4 but Morrow has been very solid for the Bears in that spot as well but maybe they will stay in a 4/3 type D.  But they do have Dominique Robinson who would be best in a 3/4 same with Gibson as well.  

1st round: 3. Chicago Bears: Will Anderson Jr Alabama JR DE/OLB

2nd round: 57. Chicago Bears (via Baltimore Ravens): Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State RS JR ILB

3rd round: 67. Chicago Bears: Colby Wooden Auburn RS JR DE/DT

4th round: 99. Chicago Bears: Tiawan Mullen Indiana SR CB

5th round: 131. Chicago Bears: Chase Brown Illinois RS JR RB
5th round:  153. Chicago Bears (via Baltimore Ravens): Cameron Latu Alabama RS SR TE

7th round: 195. Chicago Bears: Isaac Slade-Matautia SMU RS SR LB

Is odd they have not got more production out of Claypool, that dude is talented but maybe he does not know the offense quite yet.  And I guess OL could be a massive need and I should have them addressing that position, but they have surprisingly played decent this year I thought considering.  Has Leatherwood played yet for them, curious how he would do if he gets a shot later this year.  

Claypool is only getting like 40% of the offensive snaps,  between that and not being a high volume passing team he simply hasn't had many opportunities.  With Mooney out his snap count and numbers should spike.  

OL has been poor, really Jenkins has been good, Jones has been mostly solid for being a rookie LT, Borom should be a LG imo, Whitehair is mediocre but pretty consistent at least, Mustipher is trash. I'd like to get Pocic and Conklin and try to grab another FA to be LT. Let Jones and Borom fight for the LG spot and the other becomes a swing player. Have a ton of cap space so get the trenches improved first. 

Love the Anderson, Eichenburg, Wooden and Brown picks (nothing against the rest, just don't know the rest). Eichenburg should be the WILL in this defense so he can blitz and attack more, move Morrow to compete for the SAM spot. 

Edit - Leatherwood hasn't played a snap yet. 

Edited by Sugashane

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Claypool is only getting like 40% of the offensive snaps,  between that and not being a high volume passing team he simply hasn't had many opportunities.  With Mooney out his snap count and numbers should spike.  

OL has been poor, really Jenkins has been good, Jones has been mostly solid for being a rookie LT, Borom should be a LG imo, Whitehair is mediocre but pretty consistent at least, Mustipher is trash. I'd like to get Pocic and Conklin and try to grab another FA to be LT. Let Jones and Borom fight for the LG spot and the other becomes a swing player. Have a ton of cap space so get the trenches improved first. 

Love the Anderson, Eichenburg, Wooden and Brown picks (nothing against the rest, just don't know the rest). Eichenburg should be the WILL in this defense so he can blitz and attack more, move Morrow to compete for the SAM spot. 

If Mustipher is bad at center maybe they get a center type in the 2nd round.  John Michael Schmitz is a good one and they could steal him from the Buccaneers who also really need a center with the injuries they have had.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

If Mustipher is bad at center maybe they get a center type in the 2nd round.  John Michael Schmitz is a good one and they could steal him from the Buccaneers who also really need a center with the injuries they have had.  

I wouldn't be opposed to it but really I hope they invest heavily in FA on the OL. Draft defense more on the defense. I don't mind losing a number of shootouts, but having a rookie OT last year and then another rookie this year, I'm ready to get vets in that make far less simple mistakes and then develop their potential replacements after drafting them. They need to put Fields in full position to see if he is a franchise QB and wasted two years of his rookie deal. Three years left and I want to know if he can sustain high level play or if they will be needing to draft another QB 2025 or 2026.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:28 PM, Sugashane said:

At this point I wish they’d plug Leatherwood in at RT to see what we have. The Reiff injury would make it easy this week too (though since he’s this week’s honorary captain you gotta think he’s starting).

Leatherwood living up to his draft status as a solid RT would be a huge find for us heading into the offseason. And if he’s as underwhelming as he was in Vegas? Then we know that too and manage our need accordingly with more knowledge. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Jalen Carter has flat out dominated this SEC Championship game to the point where if we are picking #2 I am not so sure we do trade down...dude is a monster.

Makes the value of the second pick worth that much more 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:39 PM, Madmike90 said:

Jalen Carter has flat out dominated this SEC Championship game to the point where if we are picking #2 I am not so sure we do trade down...dude is a monster.

i know we need picks, but seeing anderson the last two seasons and carter, plus the state of our DL makes me want to take the dominate pass rusher and not think anything otherwise

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i know we need picks, but seeing anderson the last two seasons and carter, plus the state of our DL makes me want to take the dominate pass rusher and not think anything otherwise

That’s where I’m landing.  Get that blue chip prospect then build around him over time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

That’s where I’m landing.  Get that blue chip prospect then build around him over time.  

ideally, starting next year we aren't getting this top-5 picks with a chance at a blue chip prospect. why not get him now when we actually have the chance? we can start getting the 10th-20th best prospect next year when we (hopefully) improve this offseason, then the 20th-32nd best the following year. 

I love more picks, but if anderson becomes the next von miller and carter becomes the next quinnen williams, those are foundational pieces on the DL for the next decade

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I agree getting one of the blue chip pass rushers in the top 5 makes a ton of sense...what I will say though is I don't want to go into the draft HAVING to take one of these guys...let's get at least get a couple of quality veterans up front in free agency then it gives us a ton of options because you just never know what might come your way...if we ended up with say Daron Payne & Charles Omenihu or even a Dawuane Smoot it gives you options that if a team offer you something insane then you can be open too it...if not you get yourself a stud to help make these guys even better.