2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I've been doing some work on interior OL and one guy who really stands out is Wisconsin Centre Joe Tippman...he is 6-6" 317lbs with length...former OT who brings that athletic ability to the inside but what really stands out is his power where he puts a lot of guys on the ground in both pass pro & when run blocking...in space as a run blocker the dude can really get to the 2nd level...as with any interior player that size he will need to work on leverage but there is a ton of upside...getting him in the early 4th would be a very Poles like move considering what he had in KC on the interior...Tippman could be a long term starter at either centre or guard.

yeah Tippman is a guy that caught my eye looking for Center prospects...  He's supposed to be elite level athleticism, with the size/strength/reach that Poles seems to value..... Grab a FA center and Tippman, then let him compete/learn for a season or two to develop if he doesn't earn the starter job outright.

19 minutes ago, Epyon said:

yeah Tippman is a guy that caught my eye looking for Center prospects...  He's supposed to be elite level athleticism, with the size/strength/reach that Poles seems to value..... Grab a FA center and Tippman, then let him compete/learn for a season or two to develop if he doesn't earn the starter job outright.

If they really like a couple guys in the draft they may just keep Patrick to “compete” And get replaced by the young guy.

26 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If they really like a couple guys in the draft they may just keep Patrick to “compete” And get replaced by the young guy.

I think that’s a pretty strong plan personally, though I’d be more comfortable with it if Patrick can play the last month or so at C and show to be at least competent for us. When I run the PFN mock draft simulator I find myself taking John Michael Schmitz, Sedrick Van Pran or Olusegun Oluwatimi a lot. 

39 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think that’s a pretty strong plan personally, though I’d be more comfortable with it if Patrick can play the last month or so at C and show to be at least competent for us. When I run the PFN mock draft simulator I find myself taking John Michael Schmitz, Sedrick Van Pran or Olusegun Oluwatimi a lot. 

They also REALLY undervalue the Ohio State Center

Also fwiw, my best "trade down like a madman and accrue picks" in the ideal golden range (mid-late first---Mid-late 2nd) draft on the PFN sim ended up as follows for the first 3 rounds (trading our first a 4th, and a future 3rd I think it was)

28. Gervon Dexter-3T (one of the top 3ts in the draft)
48. Siaki Ika-NT (possibly the top NT in the draft, and a top 5 interior DL)
58. Tyree Wilson-Edge (A top 4 Edge)
59. Jalen Hyatt-WR (My personal #2 WR behind Addison)
67. Sean Tucker-RB (actually the sim had Bijan inexplicably dropping despite being ranked massively higher, and Tucker going the pick before, but Realistically Tucker might have a shot of being there, Robinson won't) (who I think would be DEADLY in our scheme)

Also owning both the '24 Cinci 1st and 2nd round picks

Basically overhauling 3/4 of the DL, getting our best WR, and a star running back for when Monty likely leaves., and still walking away with 2 more picks next year....

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Personally I like the idea of signing a centre then drafting a centre/guard prospect pretty highly to develop for the future since Whitehair is probably gone after next year at the latest…it’s one thing GB always deserve credit for and I suspect Getsy will pound the table for it…not only that we know there is a very slim chance we ever get through a full season with the same starting 5 linemen so build as much depth as possible to keep QB1 upright.

The draft discussion will really be changed by whether they go nuts in free agency or not. I know they need to spend money, but a lot of that can be done in house if they choose to take that route.

If they do not go nuts in free agency and rely on the draft it will be very interesting to see how that effects what they do.

I go back and forth on whether I think they will go crazy in free agency. Jack Conklin would be a great addition, but do they think they can draft the RT of the future?

49 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The draft discussion will really be changed by whether they go nuts in free agency or not. I know they need to spend money, but a lot of that can be done in house if they choose to take that route.

If they do not go nuts in free agency and rely on the draft it will be very interesting to see how that effects what they do.

I go back and forth on whether I think they will go crazy in free agency. Jack Conklin would be a great addition, but do they think they can draft the RT of the future?

I don’t think it’s so much about “going crazy” in FA so much as where their targeted spending is done positionally. If they’re not picking in the top 4 where the top guys are relative knowns in terms of availability then how they go about it will likely be determined by where they end up between pick 5 and 15, and maybe just as importantly, with what they expect to be gone between their 1st rounder and their 2nd rounder some 40 or so picks later.  

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I hope they do keep trying to draft OTs. Draft people with OT talent and movement skills, plug them wherever you need them, and keep trying to develop them. Injuries are going to come and go and you don't ant to have to rely on a Mustipher or an emergency vet like Jason Peters to save you. If you're going to overload a position group on either side of the ball, the trenches are where you do it IMO.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, WindyCity said:

I do not see Poles going “Jacksonville crazy” in free agency nor do I want him to. I think he will look to sign a couple studs in the trenches (Jenkins and Payne pls) and extend some guys on the roster. A legit center like Pocic would be nice as well. 

22 hours ago, Docknstein11 said:

I do not see Poles going “Jacksonville crazy” in free agency nor do I want him to. I think he will look to sign a couple studs in the trenches (Jenkins and Payne pls) and extend some guys on the roster. A legit center like Pocic would be nice as well. 

I'm guessing the studs would be at premium positions (WR, OT, edger 3 technique) and then a  couple of good starters at other positions at least otherwise he won't be able to fill all the holes with starting quality players