2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Soooo I am digging Keion White (wish I had his short shuttle and cone but alas)

1.69/2.75/4.79
30 reps 225
34" vert
09'09" broad
10.125" hands
34" arms

Quick and lazy comp is Aaron Donald
1.63/2.73/4.69
35 reps 225
32" vert
09'08" broad
9.875" hands
32.625" arms

Kid plays with violence/aggression, hustle (should fit the HITS principle nicely) and I'm of the opinion he can be a stud 3T in our scheme.

If/when we trade down from #9 I'd have to think this kid is our pick (pending medicals etc)

Edited by G08
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I absolutely LOVE Keion White, I dont think Donald is a good Comp though (his biggest knock was size, and had everything else you wanted)

One big problem is, I dont know where he slots in for the rest of the league, could go anywhere from 25 to 70

We also seem to be more interested in the Northwestern kid right now, but Id be extatic to get White.

I would really like to come away with 2 of these type of guys in the first 80ish picks, would really help set up that DLine for the future

• Tyree Wilson
  • Myles Murphy
  • Lukas Van Ness
  • Adetomiwo Adebawore
  • Keion White
  • Tuli Tuipulotu
  • Isaiah McGuire
  • Isaiah Foskey
  • Coly Wooden
  • Zach Harrison
  • Like 1

@StLunatic88I haven't watched enough of the NU kid to really have a solid opinion, but I do recall not being overly impressed with his awareness when I was watching him.

Keion just jumps off the "tape" for me and he's still new-ish to the position (was a TE until 2019). His size/speed/strength numbers are off the charts for me and I love how he fits a massive need that we currently have in, arguably, the most important position on our defense.

If there's a QB at 9 and a team like Tampa comes calling, I'd love to drop back, get a 2nd round pick and a 2024 3rd and still land this kid.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I absolutely LOVE Keion White, I dont think Donald is a good Comp though (his biggest knock was size, and had everything else you wanted)

One big problem is, I dont know where he slots in for the rest of the league, could go anywhere from 25 to 70

We also seem to be more interested in the Northwestern kid right now, but Id be extatic to get White.

I would really like to come away with 2 of these type of guys in the first 80ish picks, would really help set up that DLine for the future

• Tyree Wilson
  • Myles Murphy
  • Lukas Van Ness
  • Adetomiwo Adebawore
  • Keion White
  • Tuli Tuipulotu
  • Isaiah McGuire
  • Isaiah Foskey
  • Coly Wooden
  • Zach Harrison

I like Tuli as a DE for us... not sure he hits the "length" threshold that Eberflus wants at DE but his "tape" was solid from last season. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

1.69/2.75/4.79
30 reps 225
34" vert
09'09" broad
10.125" hands
34" arms

Quick and lazy comp is Aaron Donald
1.63/2.73/4.69
35 reps 225
32" vert
09'08" broad
9.875" hands
32.625" arms

Kid plays with violence/aggression, hustle (should fit the HITS principle nicely) and I'm of the opinion he can be a stud 3T in our scheme.

If/when we trade down from #9 I'd have to think this kid is our pick (pending medicals etc)

The reason you won't be able to get the cone or the shuttle for White is because he pulled his hamstring on his 2nd 40 attempt at his pro day...

I have been a big fan of White for a while and agree he could be a nice fit at either LE or UT but I think mid 1st is a little rich...he could slip into the end of the 1st but I suspect he is move of an early to mid round 2nd given his lack of consistency. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The reason you won't be able to get the cone or the shuttle for White is because he pulled his hamstring on his 2nd 40 attempt at his pro day...

I have been a big fan of White for a while and agree he could be a nice fit at either LE or UT but I think mid 1st is a little rich...he could slip into the end of the 1st but I suspect he is move of an early to mid round 2nd given his lack of consistency. 

I like White alot too. The kid is big ,powerful and twichy. He is a little raw and does not have many pass rush moves but he is the prototype for the ""Flus Edge". Long and fast.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

I like Tuli as a DE for us... not sure he hits the "length" threshold that Eberflus wants at DE but his "tape" was solid from last season. 

I just wish he was 20 LBs heavier GO8, and he would be the perfect 3T. Greg Gabriel drooled over this guy  

5 minutes ago, RTD said:

I like White alot too. The kid is big ,powerful and twichy. He is a little raw and does not have many pass rush moves but he is the prototype for the ""Flus Edge". Long and fast.

I think the other thing that will keep White out of the 1st round unless one of the competing teams fall in love with the traits is his age...White is already 24 years old...when you consider guys like Myles Murphy & Lukas Van Ness are only 21 years old that makes a big difference for a high draft pick...

On a side note the top OTs in this draft like Johnson Jr, Jones, Wright & Harrison are all only 21 years old as well which makes a big difference for the long term development of what should be a young OL moving forward.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the other thing that will keep White out of the 1st round unless one of the competing teams fall in love with the traits is his age...White is already 24 years old...when you consider guys like Myles Murphy & Lukas Van Ness are only 21 years old that makes a big difference for a high draft pick...

The only thing that might offset that some for White is that he is a new DE as @G08pointed out. Its been only a few years at the position at high level competition.

Obviously age is age, but he hasnt been like a slow developer or learner, which is more of what holds prospects back than just the actual Age

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

The only thing that might offset that some for White is that he is a new DE as @G08pointed out. Its been only a few years at the position at high level competition.

Obviously age is age, but he hasnt been like a slow developer or learner, which is more of what holds prospects back than just the actual Age

He hasn't been a slow developer no but there is also some rawness and inconsistency in his play and I can't see many teams taking the risk in the 1st round that after 4 years he could still be a somewhat raw 28 year old...like I said I really like the guy and have him in my current mock in the 2nd round but I just feel that 3 year age difference will matter to a lot of teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

He hasn't been a slow developer no but there is also some rawness and inconsistency in his play and I can't see many teams taking the risk in the 1st round that after 4 years he could still be a somewhat raw 28 year old...like I said I really like the guy and have him in my current mock in the 2nd round but I just feel that 3 year age difference will matter to a lot of teams.

Absolutely, I agree here, It just wouldnt scare me away if we were in the right pick range

If we dropped back to the mid 20s, and Myles. Van Ness, Broderick Jones, etc were all gone, I would take White, but could see us taking the Northwestern Kid (I think thats his official name now) instead

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Absolutely, I agree here, It just wouldnt scare me away if we were in the right pick range

If we dropped back to the mid 20s, and Myles. Van Ness, Broderick Jones, etc were all gone, I would take White, but could see us taking the Northwestern Kid (I think thats his official name now) instead

The AA hype is waaaaay out of hand right now...Kiper moving him to #14 is about 50 picks to high.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

On a side note the top OTs in this draft like Johnson Jr, Jones, Wright & Harrison are all only 21 years old as well which makes a big difference for the long term development of what should be a young OL moving forward.

Oof, didn't realize he was already 24. 

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The AA hype is waaaaay out of hand right now...Kiper moving him to #14 is about 50 picks to high.

There is value to versatility, like what Adalius Thomas offered the Ravens back in the day.