Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears

J-ALL-DAY

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We have 10 OL on the 53. We usually only need 7 during gameday so i'd guess 3 OL are inactive. I think Brunskill & McKivitz would be the gameday actives, with Moore/Zakelj/Hance inactive

I'd also guess one of the RB's or TE's would be a gameday inactive. If Kittle is injured than he'll sit Sunday, but most weeks I'd guess it would be Jordan Mason or Ross Dwelley 

Besides that, Brock Purdy is an easy inactive

Hopefully Kittle is ready to go, but if not, we should still be potent with the run game/Samuel/Aiyuk

I've just been assuming that Brunskill will be out given that he hasn't practiced. 

Purdy will definitely be inactive and I would assume Kroft is inactive before Dwelley. Agree about Mason. The other option would be TDP. I'm assuming either would be playing special teams. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The captain argument in the bears GDT is kind of hilarious. 

we are gonna go 0-17 this year because Trey is not a captain.  If he had that C on his chest it would have been super bowl MVP for him.  Cant believe that Shanny has thrown away another year.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, burlow said:

we are gonna go 0-17 this year because Trey is not a captain.  If he had that C on his chest it would have been super bowl MVP for him.  Cant believe that Shanny has thrown away another year.

The funny thing is that it's a completely legitimate conversation. But it's talk for the sake of talk. It could have everything to do with Lance or nothing to do with Lance and everything to do with the players actually voted captains. Nobody knows, and for that reason it only means something to a person not involved if they want it to mean something. It's only a big deal if you want it to be a big deal. 

and all that was after they started crying when someone posted who is a 9ers fan.  Didnt trash talk at all just offered a perspective and then 3 pages of why do people post on our forum to 4 pages of Lance not being a captain.  I do like to read and sometimes post on the opponents GDT, always respectful but I am not putting my toe in theirs.  They do have some good posters and posters I have enjoyed reading throughout the different sub sections of this forum but... I guess that team has been oppressed for to long and the hope they have in JF makes them rabid.  

JF was who I was actually pulling for at #3, I hope he turns out well.  I dont want him to fail because we didnt pick him.  It feels like that whole forum wants to be offended for JF that we took Lance over him.  Just ready for Sunday, let football be football.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, burlow said:

and all that was after they started crying when someone posted who is a 9ers fan.  Didnt trash talk at all just offered a perspective and then 3 pages of why do people post on our forum to 4 pages of Lance not being a captain.  I do like to read and sometimes post on the opponents GDT, always respectful but I am not putting my toe in theirs.  They do have some good posters and posters I have enjoyed reading throughout the different sub sections of this forum but... I guess that team has been oppressed for to long and the hope they have in JF makes them rabid.  

JF was who I was actually pulling for at #3, I hope he turns out well.  I dont want him to fail because we didnt pick him.  It feels like that whole forum wants to be offended for JF that we took Lance over him.  Just ready for Sunday, let football be football.

You mean when a 49er fan came in and started telling us all it wasn't important at all and we were just parroting the lazy media narrative (meanwhile he's saying this to fans of a team who have seen the most lazy media narrative trash all off season). There wasn't any crying, and most of us don't really care. Forge has a really good take on the whole Lance/Captain issue.  It may mean something, it may not.  The fact is its relevance is not 0.  I also don't think you'll find many of us who want Lance to fail.  Speaking for myself, he was the only QB, besides Fields, who I was willing to move up for in the draft.  For me I hope Trey balls out, after this week.  But if I'm being honest, the whole offseason as a whole, it's easy to come to the conclusions that people come to.  Individually these things don't mean much and can be overblown, but in totality, they show a pattern which points to the team not trusting Trey Lance to steer the ship well enough to not punt on the season.  If the Bears would have resigned Andy Dalton, what do you think would be the story for the Bears? Then add in the team not voting him captain. The media already peddles the narrative that the Bears did nothing to help Fields out.  You hear people (including yourselves) talk about how bad the OL is, based on what?  Nobody seems to be able to say other than they were bad last year, and oh by the way only 1 starter from that line is back.  You guys saw the position comparison and laughed at the thought that our DL could be better than yours.  What's our DL lineup?  You pointed out last years pressure #s, how does that relate to this year's?  The point I'm making is you guys know your team better than we know your team, we know our team better than you know our team.  Neither of us are objective.  You guys are always welcome to discuss the game in our gdt.  I hope you feel the same way about us.  Good Luck on Sunday fellas.  Footballs back, best time of the year.

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You mean when a 49er fan came in and started telling us all it wasn't important at all and we were just parroting the lazy media narrative (meanwhile he's saying this to fans of a team who have seen the most lazy media narrative trash all off season). There wasn't any crying, and most of us don't really care. Forge has a really good take on the whole Lance/Captain issue.  It may mean something, it may not.  The fact is its relevance is not 0.  I also don't think you'll find many of us who want Lance to fail.  Speaking for myself, he was the only QB, besides Fields, who I was willing to move up for in the draft.  For me I hope Trey balls out, after this week.  But if I'm being honest, the whole offseason as a whole, it's easy to come to the conclusions that people come to.  Individually these things don't mean much and can be overblown, but in totality, they show a pattern which points to the team not trusting Trey Lance to steer the ship well enough to not punt on the season.  If the Bears would have resigned Andy Dalton, what do you think would be the story for the Bears? Then add in the team not voting him captain. The media already peddles the narrative that the Bears did nothing to help Fields out.  You hear people (including yourselves) talk about how bad the OL is, based on what?  Nobody seems to be able to say other than they were bad last year, and oh by the way only 1 starter from that line is back.  You guys saw the position comparison and laughed at the thought that our DL could be better than yours.  What's our DL lineup?  You pointed out last years pressure #s, how does that relate to this year's?  The point I'm making is you guys know your team better than we know your team, we know our team better than you know our team.  Neither of us are objective.  You guys are always welcome to discuss the game in our gdt.  I hope you feel the same way about us.  Good Luck on Sunday fellas.  Footballs back, best time of the year.

Just quickly glanced through the GDT on the Bears forum and a few things:

1. If you or any Bears fan wants to say that Lance not being a captain is a thing, that is perfectly fair. But there were a few on there making it out to be a HUGE deal and that's where the disconnect occurs.

2. No disrespect, but the Niners DL is going to among the leagues best and arguably will be THE best by season's end. I don't think the Bears DL is close to that.

3. While damn near everyone on this forum wanted Jimmy gone, getting him back at 6.5M a year is a great deal. While yes, it can lead to the media and fans questioning Lance, there is NO way anyone can say that is a bad deal for the team. Jimmy had no market after the surgery with his current deal and had to take a significant pay cut to return. It goes without saying having Jimmy is MUCH better than having Sudfeld as the backup. Again, no doubt it adds to the outside noise but in terms of just pure team building, this was the right thing to do.

4. Agreed that fans know their teams better than the rest. 

5. Good luck to you guys as well!

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just quickly glanced through the GDT on the Bears forum and a few things:

1. If you or any Bears fan wants to say that Lance not being a captain is a thing, that is perfectly fair. But there were a few on there making it out to be a HUGE deal and that's where the disconnect occurs.

2. No disrespect, but the Niners DL is going to among the leagues best and arguably will be THE best by season's end. I don't think the Bears DL is close to that.

3. While damn near everyone on this forum wanted Jimmy gone, getting him back at 6.5M a year is a great deal. While yes, it can lead to the media and fans questioning Lance, there is NO way anyone can say that is a bad deal for the team. Jimmy had no market after the surgery with his current deal and had to take a significant pay cut to return. It goes without saying having Jimmy is MUCH better than having Sudfeld as the backup. Again, no doubt it adds to the outside noise but in terms of just pure team building, this was the right thing to do.

4. Agreed that fans know their teams better than the rest. 

5. Good luck to you guys as well!

1.  Not a huge deal on its own agreed, as I said relevance is not 0, and in totality it means something, what or how much? Your guess is as good as mine.  It will have 0 impact on this game, but definitely something to watch going forward.

2.  Nobody is going to argue that Bosa is better than Quinn.  But Gipson, AQM, Jones, Watts, are going to be relentless and the defensive philosophy is going to be to keep the DL fresh by constantly rotating and the pass rush has to be the engine. The DL as a whole will probably be amongst the leagues best.  Also a name to keep an eye on is Dominque Robinson, won't play this week, but if you want a guy who could be a future STAR, I him.  I loved this draft, and early returns have been great, but this kid IMO might end up being the best player from the class when it's all said and done.

3.  Anyone who says the Jimmy deal isn't great for the 9ers is ignorant.  Whether it's good for Lance is a whole nother matter.