Who do you have finishing with a higher seed. Raiders or Chargers

mdonnelly21

Who do you have finishing with a higher seed. Raiders or Chargers   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have finishing with a higher seed.

Chargers are being overrated like every single year on the internet. Their defense is great on “paper”. Mack isn’t anywhere close to as good as he use to be. Yet everyone acts like they traded for prime Mack. J.C. Jackson is a boom or bust corner who I don’t think will be great outside of New England. Top 5 Offense? Probably. 8-9 or 9-8 finish and no playoffs? Probably. Raiders will make the playoffs. 

With that said, Chargers likely win Week 1 since we will split this season. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Chargers are being overrated like every single year on the internet. Their defense is great on “paper”. Mack isn’t anywhere close to as good as he use to be. Yet everyone acts like they traded for prime Mack. J.C. Jackson is a boom or bust corner who I don’t think will be great outside of New England. Top 5 Offense? Probably. 8-9 or 9-8 finish and no playoffs? Probably. Raiders will make the playoffs. 

With that said, Chargers likely win Week 1 since we will split this season. 

What makes you think JC is boom or bust? Guy’s played great every year of his career, in both man heavy and zone heavy schemes.

Even with the Mack addition, I would still venture on the Chargers having a Bottom 5 Run D again. Adding Mack doesn’t automatically make them a good Run D. People are overlooking how historically bad their Run D was, and how bad their defense was in general. 

I also think Staley is a bad head coach and will be fired after the season. And I will probably be higher on the Chargers after that. Depending on the hire. 

Raiders added Chandler Jones who has been a historically better pass rusher than Mack, and possibly the best pass rushing duo in the league in Crosby/Jones. We also have a better Run D and Pass D than the Chargers. The Raiders were 5th best at defending against WR’s last season. Although 2nd worst against TE’s. With the Chargers being the worst against TE’s. One of the worst seasons of all time against TE’s actually. 

The Raiders also added Patrick Graham who many heralded as a Top 5-10 Defensive Mind in the game and one of the top Head Coach candidates. 

I can’t see a scenario where the Chargers finish under .500 unless Herbert gets hurt. It took some horrific defense and coaching for that team to miss the playoffs last year and they definitely improved their personnel on defense.

The Raiders roster falls off a cliff after the top group of guys and McDaniels’ experience as a HC was a disaster so it’s much easier to see the low floor there. There are some obvious indicators of regression coming to a team that really overachieved to make the playoffs last year. To me they’re a distant 4th in the division and 9-8 would be an impressive outcome for them. 9-8 would be a disaster for the Chargers. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

I refuse to trust the Chargers because of that team's recent history, but it absolutely SHOULD be them. If not for me being irrationally paranoid about LAC, there would be no question. Better QB, better OL, better secondary, comparable weapons, comparable pass rush. The only thing that should hold them back is the Chargers Chargering.

I think the Chargers are a team that looks promising and will come out and surprise a lot of people with how flat they are. 

However, I don't exactly trust Carr to make the most out of his situation. If he does, they should have a real shot of coming in 2nd in the division. 

Raiders OL worries me. They look to have an offense that is terrifying to play against, but you’d target an opportunity to speed Carr up wouldn’t you 

I also agree LAC will fall short of their expectations again. How many years have they had one of the best rosters, and they either turn it into no playoffs or early exist going out with a whimper. 

went LAC because defense over offense. But I wouldn’t be surprised either way

Chargers have the better QB
Chargers have the better OL
Chargers have the better RB
Raiders have the better WR/TE

Pass rushers are a wash
Raiders have better DT's 
Chargers have better secondary and probably ILB

Raiders have the 2nd toughest schedule in the league behind the Rams. Chargers are middle of the pack.

Chargers look to have the better team on paper and an easier road to the playoffs.

Raiders might not get a seed. Colts have an easy schedule. DEN, KC have easier schedules and better QB's. If Tua takes the next step then MIA is going to be really good. Titans are going to win more than they lose. Ravens could be good if they are healthier than last year. If the Raiders make the playoffs at all, it will probably be as the 7th seed. Chargers could win the division, but I don't see Raiders pulling that off this year, especially with McDaniel's being such a question mark. I still don't really know much about Brandon Staley, but it seems like the Chargers have a good locker room and he did better than most first year HC's.

Chargers are lightyears better, if they can just stop shooting themselves in the foot. Whether it's taking the ball out of Herbert's hand at exactly the wrong times, or completely screwing the pooch in game situations - cut those out, they finish above Oakland.

On 9/6/2022 at 7:40 PM, Jeezla said:

Chargers have the better QB
Chargers have the better OL
Chargers have the better RB
Raiders have the better WR/TE

Pass rushers are a wash
Raiders have better DT's 
Chargers have better secondary and probably ILB

Raiders have the 2nd toughest schedule in the league behind the Rams. Chargers are middle of the pack.

Chargers look to have the better team on paper and an easier road to the playoffs.

Raiders might not get a seed. Colts have an easy schedule. DEN, KC have easier schedules and better QB's. If Tua takes the next step then MIA is going to be really good. Titans are going to win more than they lose. Ravens could be good if they are healthier than last year. If the Raiders make the playoffs at all, it will probably be as the 7th seed. Chargers could win the division, but I don't see Raiders pulling that off this year, especially with McDaniel's being such a question mark. I still don't really know much about Brandon Staley, but it seems like the Chargers have a good locker room and he did better than most first year HC's.

I really feel KC has a harder schedule than the Raiders

The Chiefs plays TB, CIN, and BUF, while the Raiders play NO, PIT, and NE. All other games are identical except locations