Wk 2: Vikings at Eagles MNF

Nabbs4u

On 9/13/2022 at 10:06 AM, ninjapirate said:

Lions averaged 10 yards a rush with Jordan Davis on the sideline.

Lions rans the ball for 44 yards on 15 attempts with Jordan Davis in the game.

It's almost like he should play more. 

I think Minnesota made a mistake passing on him. He's going to be a star for Philly.

What do you guys see as a strength and weakness for your current team?

15 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think this will be one of those games where we basically get our butt kicked all game, but then Hurts puts up garbage time stats to make the box score not look so one-sided, even though it was.

I do have that feeling too. 

We seem to still be paying the universe for the NFCCG. 

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Minnesota made a mistake passing on him. He's going to be a star for Philly.

Currently? 

Run game seems to be doing just fine. Obviously, Hurts is a big part of the bulk stats but it clearly has to be a concern for a D coordinator.  The Lions chose to blitz Hurts often, which I think is a mistake. I don’t think it can be confused; we are a run option offense right now. Hurts seems to be doing very well making those decisions. Blitzing Hurts let’s him escape early, which he excels at, and gives way to wide open fields. I think it would be better to let him beat you with his arm. I don’t know if we’ve seen him do that yet. 

AJ Brown was terrific. The rapport with Hurts this early is a bad sign for everyone else. Unfortunately, including Devonta Smith who had 0 catches. It’s week 1 and things will level out. But it’s nice to see AJ hit the ground running. He looks as advertised. 

Defensively, we were a sieve in the run game. I think that has more to do with the D coordinator than the personnel. Alternatively, we were very good in the passing game until late in the game. But as I said, I think it’s on the coordinator. Also, we had some issues tackling. That was the most concerning thing I seen. 

I would say going forward our strengths should be OL/DL play, run game. While the deficiencies may include, specifically, pass rush and tackling possibly, and pass game. But it’s only week 1 and I think once Gannon gets it together we should be ok. I like the personnel just about everywhere to be at least average. Play calling/packages and execution needs to tighten up though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Strengths

• Multiple dynamic pass catching options. Led off by AJ Brown, who looked as good as advertised, it'll be hard for teams to totally shut them down.
  • Oline. Some normal week one dust needed to be brushed off, but it's still of of the best and deepest lines in the league.
  • Hurts. This game will be a good test, but he looks to have landed in a good zone with passing/running. At the very least his running is a giant pro as he ceans up playcalling and easily takes 1st downs that way.
  • New Secondary and pieces on D look to be much better, not playing at all led to tackling issues...but that'll get cleaned up.

Weaknesses

• Gannon continues to frustrate as a Defensive playcaller. Often making baffling dumb decisions. Like having Reddick drop in coverage that much is just dumb.
  • With that getting sacks still doesn't seem like a priority. This and style lead to little 3rd and longs.
  • Running attack as a whole is good, but we don't have one dude who you can hang your hat on every time they touch it week to week.
  • Hurts looks much improved but will still have a ceiling passing wise until proven otherwise.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

TNF too please. 

All night games actually. 

Nawwwww.

Night games are the best for the west coast. I have to start watching football at 9 am for college and 10 am for NFL. Why do I want to watch and keep up with a ton of games as soon as I get up? Early games being at 1 pm is an advantage for east coast people and late prime time games favors the west coast.