How far does Jimmy 49ers go

Manny/Patrick

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

This reminds me of a stat I saw about the Superbowl. 

Teams that score 17 points or less in the Superbowl are like 29-2. The two? Both Tom Brady and the Patriots. 

I’m confused. There’s been multiple teams that have scored 17 or less and lost (both Rams teams, Chiefs recently, Pats vs Giants x2, Manning vs NO, etc.) and also multiple teams that have scored more than 17 and lost (just recently Cincy, SF, NE vs Philly, Atlanta). 

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m confused. There’s been multiple teams that have scored 17 or less and lost (both Rams teams, Chiefs recently, Pats vs Giants x2, Manning vs NO, etc.) and also multiple teams that have scored more than 17 and lost (just recently Cincy, SF, NE vs Philly, Atlanta). 

whoops, meant 2-29.

Basically, Brady is the only QB in NFL history to win a SB while scoring less than 17 points, and he has done it twice. (or maybe its 17 points or less, either way)

(I just edited the post)

Edited by N4L

6 hours ago, N4L said:

whoops, meant 2-29.

Basically, Brady is the only QB in NFL history to win a SB while scoring less than 17 points, and he has done it twice. (or maybe its 17 points or less, either way)

(I just edited the post)

Brady is also the only QB that won a SB despite throwing a pick six.

10 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I mean you still have Arizona and Philadelphia looking strong. Packers and Vikings won't be slouches. Jimmy also needs to stay healthy. 

Cardinals haven't looked strong IMO. They got blown out by the Chiefs and were dominated by the Raiders before coming back. 

Vikings won handily week 1, lost handily week 2.

Rams have looked shaky this season with a blowout loss and a close for comfort win against a bad team 

Packers did lose handily week 1, but you can never count them out with Rodgers. I'd say Packers, Bucs, Eagles are the top 3 for me at this time

Edited by 49ersfan

On 9/19/2022 at 1:06 AM, Forge said:

Assuming he stays healthy (big if), it's a playoff team for sure. There's not seven better teams in the NFC

After that randomness will play a role. He's somehow 4-2 as a playoff starter despite being one of the worst playoff QBs I've seen with that big of a sample 

You're not lying. I couldn't believe how awful he looked last year, but that defense and Deebo carried him to the NFC championship. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, offbyone said:

You mean that yet another qb shows he is a better qb than Trey Lance?

Trey Lance doesn't really have a sample size large enough to show how good he is tbh. He could suck, could be great, but we are a hot minute away from knowing. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Trey Lance doesn't really have a sample size large enough to show how good he is tbh. He could suck, could be great, but we are a bit minute away from knowing. 

So what you're really saying is he might just be Jordan Love 2.0? Will we ever know?

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

So what you're really saying is he might just be Jordan Love 2.0? Will we ever know?

I think Lance is the niner starter next year, but he's proving to be just as fragile as Jimmy. He's already had 3 separate injuries. At some point you may have to cut bait, so if he can't stay healthy next year either, it's entirely possible that we may never know what he's going to be with the niners. He may have to find his way elsewhere. 

• Like 2