How far does Jimmy 49ers go

Manny/Patrick

I’d love to see them go far. I like Jimmy and I like SF. The drama would be interesting too. 

That said, Jimmy and the two best skills guys on offense are hardly walking epitomes of health themselves. The NFC looks as open as ever this early in the season, but they need to stay healthy.

Assuming he stays healthy (big if), it's a playoff team for sure. There's not seven better teams in the NFC

After that randomness will play a role. He's somehow 4-2 as a playoff starter despite being one of the worst playoff QBs I've seen with that big of a sample 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'll give you answer after a couple of weeks. Today's game against Seattle should come with a huge asterisk because of how bad Seattle is in all phases. It was a good warm up game, for sure though.

We basically have 2 years of knowing what this team is, I don't think anything new is likely to shake out at this point. 

• Like 1

Welp, at least the players seemed hyphy when he got that TD to the seal the game. Teammates mobbed him in celebration. Can't remember which OL it was, but one homie was getting down in the endzone. Started with the Diesel Jerk, before going buckwild into the Voodoo Crispy...you don't slip into that type of boogie trance for your QB unless you love the guy. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Further then with Lance. That said I'm not sure NFCCG is in the cards unless the Defense goes nuts and Run game follows like last year. 

7 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

This team is not winning with Jimmy G, unless they play like an all time defense and Kittle is back fully healthy, one of those things ain't happening, he's just average.

The defense is going to be top 3 in the league as long as they stay fairly healthy. They aren't going to fall off from the 2019 and 2021 level of defense. The run game should be fine when Mitchell returns.

They have the formula to be competitive in the playoffs, even with Jimmy and his his incompetent playoff play. That shouldn't be the question though. The question should be what will be different this time around in the postseason where Jimmy is able to get it done in crunch time and is able to make plays when needed. He's actually a clutch player in the regular season for the most part but that hasn't translated at all in the postseason.

And as mentioned already, he's probably going to get hurt at some point this season so Brock Purdy will be the starter for at least a few weeks. What happens when the inevitable occurs? Can Purdy hold it down and keep the team afloat? 

I don't know if this team makes it to the NFCCG or the SB, but they will have a shot as always if the top guns on the team, along with Jimmy are healthy. The defense is just too damn good. 

I think they are the team no NFC team wants in the playoffs. There defense is elite, they can win on the road, and they have offensive playmakers. Jimmy G is the wildcard, but they have proven they can win when he plays bad. 

It sucks what happened to Lance but I'm more scared of them with Jimmy than with Trey.

Just now, LeotheLion said:

I think they are the team no NFC team wants in the playoffs. There defense is elite, they can win on the road, and they have offensive playmakers. Jimmy G is the wildcard, but they have proven they can win when he plays bad. 

It sucks what happened to Lance but I'm more scared of them with Jimmy than with Trey.

Even though the Niners have won plenty with Jimmy against the Rams, I'm really not sure why you are so scared of him. Sure his strengths are the Rams weakness defensively, but we saw in the postseason you guys making certain adjustments and that resulted in him looking how he usually does in the playoffs. The reason the Niners are scary is because of the defense and run game once Mitchell returns. That doesn't have much to do with Jimmy. His quick release does at least help contain Donald and the crew but that's about it. We don't know what Lance would have become this season but the team would have been more explosive and the run game would have been better. That doesn't mean the team overall would have been better as Lance would have still had to show he could consistently win in the pocket and improve his accuracy. The ceiling is just so much lower now and it's going to come down to the defense playing elite ball in every playoff game. It almost worked last year and if Tartt does not drop the INT, who knows, maybe that ends up being the difference in the game and the Niners go on to win the SB. But it would have taken the defense holding the Cowboys, Packers and the Rams all under 17 points. Not a formula you want to count on in the playoffs lol.