How far does Jimmy 49ers go

Manny/Patrick

3 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The 49ers followed postseasons in 2013 and 2019 that included wins over the Packers with non-playoff seasons. As they beat the Packers again last postseason, the 49ers are doomed.

How about in 2012 though?????

I can see the team missing the playoffs if/when Jimmy gets hurt and it becomes Brock Purdy time lol. If Jimmy is healthy, this team is too good to miss the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Jimmy is a worse matchup for your team for sure imo. If I were the Rams, I'd prefer to play the 49ers with Lance than Jimmy. 

Yeah. Maybe the easiest way to say it is Lance obviously raises the ceiling of the 49ers but also lowers the floor. I'd take the risk that Lance is incredible because we are owned with Jimmy G anyway. 

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Thus, $6.5 million can become $10.75 million based on taking at least 25 percent of the offensive snaps in each game. And if the 49ers win 10 more games, that’s another $1 million.

This is why his acceptance to take that deal is mind-boggling to me. Unless he goes onto straight Joe Flacco the 2022 season into a SB ring/contrac.

All of those "incentives" should have been much higher. Not only did Jimmy "not get traded" as he wished but is now playing the 2022 season "entire" really if old school 16gm schedule for $15M less?

Him and His agent screwed up the numbers on a per gm basis which should of been at least 3-4x higher  per start.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

The Niners could go back to the NFCCG. It might not be the prettiest but with Jimmy he has taken them once to the Superbowl (led 10pts in the 4th then blew it) and led them twice to NFCCG (won once with only throwing the ball like 9x and then led by 10pts in the 4th then blew it). 

I think the NFC is wide open but it’s still not going to be easy. The Niners still have the Rams and Cards in their way in the NFCW. They have the Bucs and the surprising Vikings and Eagles as well. I’m not even going to talk about the Packers or Cowboys outside of saying I’m not going to talk about them lol. Point is the Niners can go far but the issue is they gave up three 1st round picks for Lance to replace Jimmy G and they still don’t know what they have in Lance and Jimmy G is still the starting QB winning games. It’s a mess imo in SF.

Jimmy player 2 full years in San Francisco. 2019 and 2021. One year he had his team leading in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl and the other he had his team leading in the 4th quarter of the NFCCG.

I don’t think the NFC is as talented as last year. Imo the Rams, Bucs and Packers all took a step back. 

If healthy, he could very easily make a deep playoff run. 

35 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Jimmy player 2 full years in San Francisco. 2019 and 2021. One year he had his team leading in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl and the other he had his team leading in the 4th quarter of the NFCCG.

I don’t think the NFC is as talented as last year. Imo the Rams, Bucs and Packers all took a step back. 

If healthy, he could very easily make a deep playoff run. 

"he had his team" is a very generous explanation of what happened in those games lol. 

I get what you're saying, and I agree that if they made a deep run I wouldn't be surprised at all. But once they got into the playoffs, he was an anchor on both of those teams more so than a driving force propelling them to victories. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 6:25 PM, Forge said:

"he had his team" is a very generous explanation of what happened in those games lol. 

I get what you're saying, and I agree that if they made a deep run I wouldn't be surprised at all. But once they got into the playoffs, he was an anchor on both of those teams more so than a driving force propelling them to victories. 

Jimmy never lost us a game but he probably has not won us a playoff game either. He does enough to win with the running game and defense. 

The SB loss I blame on coaching and the defense. Leading by 10 in the 4th then suddenly playing prevent on defense and passing on offense when the run game was working. 

NFC loss last year was down to a huge dropped INT, one of the easiest picks you will ever see. After that, Rams had all the momentum. 

On 9/19/2022 at 11:39 PM, stl4life07 said:

The Niners could go back to the NFCCG. It might not be the prettiest but with Jimmy he has taken them once to the Superbowl (led 10pts in the 4th then blew it) and led them twice to NFCCG (won once with only throwing the ball like 9x and then led by 10pts in the 4th then blew it). 

I think the NFC is wide open but it’s still not going to be easy. The Niners still have the Rams and Cards in their way in the NFCW. They have the Bucs and the surprising Vikings and Eagles as well. I’m not even going to talk about the Packers or Cowboys outside of saying I’m not going to talk about them lol. Point is the Niners can go far but the issue is they gave up three 1st round picks for Lance to replace Jimmy G and they still don’t know what they have in Lance and Jimmy G is still the starting QB winning games. It’s a mess imo in SF.

Nearly went a whole post without mentioning the Rams but I guess it is relevant in this sense 😛

1 hour ago, stlducks said:

Jimmy never lost us a game but he probably has not won us a playoff game either. He does enough to win with the running game and defense. 

The SB loss I blame on coaching and the defense. Leading by 10 in the 4th then suddenly playing prevent on defense and passing on offense when the run game was working. 

NFC loss last year was down to a huge dropped INT, one of the easiest picks you will ever see. After that, Rams had all the momentum. 

That drop didn’t cost the Niners the game. The fact that the offense didn’t get a single positive yard for the last 10:15 minutes cost them. Plus people keep talking about Tarpp drop, can you mention the easy pick 6 that was dropped by Ramsey on in the same 4th quarter? So even if Tarpp caught that int, we can say had Ramsey caught that int he dropped everything still would’ve be mute.

I just hate people bring up that Tarpp drop thinking that was the main reason the Niners lost while also not even bringing up that Ramsey dropped pick 6 as well. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

That drop didn’t cost the Niners the game. The fact that the offense didn’t get a single positive yard for the last 10:15 minutes cost them. Plus people keep talking about Tarpp drop, can you mention the easy pick 6 that was dropped by Ramsey on in the same 4th quarter? So even if Tarpp caught that int, we can say had Ramsey caught that int he dropped everything still would’ve be mute.

I just hate people bring up that Tarpp drop thinking that was the main reason the Niners lost while also not even bringing up that Ramsey dropped pick 6 as well. 

His name is Tartt. 

The Ramsey almost pick happened *after* the Tartt drop, so if Tartt makes the catch, that particular play never happens. Everything is different. Maybe another pick happens or maybe the niners flip the momentum and win the game. We will never know. Both are options. 

When people bring up the Tartt drop, I think the proper response is the really bad Skowronek drop, which cost the Rams a TD (they missed a FG later in that drive).