Biggest Offseason Busts Early

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Bengals o-line acquisitions even though yesterday was a little better

They need more time, especially with camp scale backs from a rep and contact perspective. If they still suck by Nov, then yeah. For now, they are a completely new group learning to work with each other. 

• Like 4

Re-signing AJ Green. Dude was ineffective last year while getting force fed the ball with Hopkins and Rondale Moore both injured. He has like no field awareness and can't separate anymore. On top of that, his hands haven't been good. Dude just profited off of a lot of busted coverages from DBs and LBs getting pulled forward to deal with all the motions and Kyler's rushing/scrambling ability. He cost us at least one game singlehandedly. 

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They need more time, especially with camp scale backs from a rep and contact perspective. If they still suck by Nov, then yeah. For now, they are a completely new group learning to work with each other. 

I totally agree on needing more time, that why I have been critical of them barely playing in the preseason. I just meant a bust so far, but with time to improve. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, August4th said:

Mitch

hope was he could be better than the corpse of Ben of last yr, but not sure if he's even better than that

I honestly have no idea why people expected anything from him, he's always been terrible. Loved him as Chicago starter, but that's because I'm a Packers fan. 

He actually was a good fit as Allen's backup (similar type etc) but I was shocked when he was named as the starter for Pittsburgh to be honest. At least it lowers the pressure on Pickett when they move on to him in a few weeks, which honestly may be a good thing long term vs having to go in week 1 as Ben's successor. 

• Like 1