The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Where am I wrong at? We’re 26th in the NFL in redzone TD percentage.

2021- 29th red zone TDs %

2020 23rd red zone TDs %

We have made a league high 51 RZ field goals since 2020. 2nd is at 41

Yes we do not convert TDs in the Redzone

The lengths some of the posters go on the deflect blame and Defend Carr is ludicrous. It is almost some of you want the Raiders to only win if Carr is only the QB. 

Ok, and that doesn’t work both ways? Cue the Micheal Irvin please!! Lmfao!!

6 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I believe it can cough, been some low scoring games too, so there’s some context there I think , plus we’re only 3 wks in. Plus with this short a sample size the differences between teams points and yards given up are prolly very tight.

Defense off to a good start

if we finish with a top 10 defense that would be crazy

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Where am I wrong at? We’re 26th in the NFL in redzone TD percentage.

2021- 29th red zone TDs %

2020 23rd red zone TDs %

We have made a league high 51 RZ field goals since 2020. 2nd is at 41

Yes we do not convert TDs in the Redzone

The lengths some of the posters go on the deflect blame and Defend Carr is ludicrous. It is almost some of you want the Raiders to only win if Carr is only the QB. 

You are wrong because you said.

we do not score Redzone tds. Simple.

in that, you said nothing about percentages, you just said we do not score Redzone tds. 
We have scored the 9th most Redzone tds. 

if your statement was true, we would not have the 9th most red zone tds. 

can you understand that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Funny thing is, I don't see too many people absolving Carr of blame. I do, however, see people like you assuming all the blame on him when there's a lot of other factors in play.

Honestly don’t think I’ve seen one person not Blame Carr for the week 1 loss, 

yet people still act like everyone is just defending him. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Funny thing is, I don't see too many people absolving Carr of blame. I do, however, see people like you assuming all the blame on him when there's a lot of other factors in play.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

This......lmfao!! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, true2form said:

And a lot of fans like to put that on Carr and maybe it's partly true.  However, I think it's just as much about the defense over Carr's tenure.  Kinda hard to blow a team out if the other team is constantly scoring and the pressure is on the offense to be perfect to either stay ahead or at least keep up.  That's why most of our games over his tenure have been close,  win or loss, or we are getting blown out.  

We could never win a game 11-10 because our defense could never do that.  Other teams have that luxury, but we need an offense that scores 30+.  

I see a lot of comments about the defense only gave up X and why couldn't the offense get more.  Last week for example with the Titans only scoring 24 and the defense not giving anything up in the 2nd half.  However, isn't this exactly the same thing as what you're saying we do on offense?  Did our defense play better or did the Titans "let their foot off the gas"?

It's not always as simple as people make it out to be on here.  

The Titans for sure took their foot off the gas and there defense was able to stop or offense.  I do not put it all on Carr because or defense playing soft allows teams to score points and our offenses inability to sustain drives gives the other teams offense to many chances to score.  Then the defense does not get to rest so they become more fatigued ad our offense is off the field for to long and gets out of rhythm.  Who starts it depends on the week but it is a downward spiral.  For me I want my team to maintain the same level of intensity from the kickoff until the end of the game unless it is time to take a knee.  If my team is up 35-0 at the beginning of the 4th I do not want my team to take it easy.  I will put backups in but they better play at the same intensity as the starters.

6 hours ago, true2form said:

And how many starting QBs did our defense play in those games?  You can't just leave out context.

There is no question our offense struggled the 2nd half of the season last year and we all know why, even if some don't want to admit it. Without Carr making the few plays he could with Renfrow and Zay Jones or Jacobs finally waking up at the end of the season, we lose even those games the defense held backups in check.

The offense this year is different, talented and struggling.

That is the point.  Our defense held the other offense down, whether they were backups or starters, and the offense decided to score just enough.  Why are we beating the Browns 16-14 when we are playing nothing but 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Go out and execute like the score is 0-0.  I do not care if the defense can hold the other offense to a 3 and out.  Pick up a couple first downs and then take a knee to end the game.  The defense should never assume the offense can score or run out the clock and the offense should never assume the defense will get a stop.   Just do your job.  The Miami game in 2020 is a good example.  We made choices on offense based upon what we expected the defense to do.  Just play to the best of your ability.  Now Miami was a complete outlier just as Arizona was this year but it could end up being the difference whether or not we make the playoffs.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:55 PM, BackinBlack said:

I do! Carr is with a new HC, WR,  new offense and he plays zero minutes in preseason

On 9/30/2022 at 9:29 AM, Devilshark69 said:

Ok, and that doesn’t work both ways? Cue the Micheal Irvin please!! Lmfao!!

Of course he isn’t 100% to blame. Doesn’t mean we can’t get better at the QB position

When Carr has been the ONE part of the team that hasn’t changed in 9 season… he gets judged as a whole.

Some of you are actually like Carr puts up 300+ per game and 3 TDs and no TOs. That couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s Average 

19 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Of course he isn’t 100% to blame. Doesn’t mean we can’t get better at the QB position

When Carr has been the ONE part of the team that hasn’t changed in 9 season… he gets judged as a whole.

Some of you are actually like Carr puts up 300+ per game and 3 TDs and no TOs. That couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s Average 

We can also get better at positions outside of qb a lot more easily and with significantly less risk. No one is saying we couldn't theoretically get better at qb. If we could get an elite qb tomorrow, no one would say no.

Which is something you've failed to recognize over the last several years as a poster. If we even hit on 1/3-1/2 of our 1st round picks under Grudock, this would be a potential upper echelon/contending team. 

• Like 5

On 9/30/2022 at 4:35 PM, drfrey13 said:

That is the point.  Our defense held the other offense down, whether they were backups or starters, and the offense decided to score just enough.  Why are we beating the Browns 16-14 when we are playing nothing but 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Go out and execute like the score is 0-0.  I do not care if the defense can hold the other offense to a 3 and out.  Pick up a couple first downs and then take a knee to end the game.  The defense should never assume the offense can score or run out the clock and the offense should never assume the defense will get a stop.   Just do your job.  The Miami game in 2020 is a good example.  We made choices on offense based upon what we expected the defense to do.  Just play to the best of your ability.  Now Miami was a complete outlier just as Arizona was this year but it could end up being the difference whether or not we make the playoffs.

I think you’re confused. Our offense was depleted and still playing against mostly starters in those games. The defense got the breaks of playing a bunch of backups, including QBs. I think you some fans think our offense had some advantage that wasn’t there. The defense had the advantage and took it thankfully. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, true2form said:

I think you’re confused. Our offense was depleted and still playing against mostly starters in those games. The defense got the breaks of playing a bunch of backups, including QBs. I think you some fans think our offense had some advantage that wasn’t there. The defense had the advantage and took it thankfully. 

It was the same offense that put up 36 against the Cowboys and 35 against the Chargers.  Not saying there was no drop off but more than there should have and we averaged 3 points per victory.  If you want to use Ruggs and Gruden as a reason why then why has this gone on for years then.

I have not seen the game from today but hopefully it looks like the team woke up.

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It was the same offense that put up 36 against the Cowboys and 35 against the Chargers.  Not saying there was no drop off but more than there should have and we averaged 3 points per victory.  If you want to use Ruggs and Gruden as a reason why then why has this gone on for years then.

I have not seen the game from today but hopefully it looks like the team woke up.

No Waller for most of the games after Dallas too, but whatever.  I've argued this too many times and am not looking to rehash it.  Anyone with any shred of honesty knows the offense was depleted and should not have been expected to perform the same.  

If anyone wants to ignore all that and still expect top end results that's on them.  Reality isn't always fun.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

No Waller for most of the games after Dallas too, but whatever.  I've argued this too many times and am not looking to rehash it.  Anyone with any shred of honesty knows the offense was depleted and should not have been expected to perform the same.  

If anyone wants to ignore all that and still expect top end results that's on them.  Reality isn't always fun.

Okay so it is just a coincidence that all of our 5 wins where settled by an average of 3 points a game, this week was only the 9th win of 10+ points in Carr's career, 3 of those 9 have been more that 14 point wins, only in 2016 did he have multiple games (2), and half those wins have come against the Broncos and Jets.  We do not play the Jets this year so chances are he has one game left to have a big win.  I am not hating on Carr but like I said he lacks a killer instinct.  He has been clutch in the past but that is not the same.  You can say the team has held him back but we all know that when we go up on a team our offense tends to not score much after.  Some of this is our DCs playing soft but the other side of the coin is the offense not executing.  I would bet that if we had to rely on Carr scoring yesterday we still could win but it is less than 10 point victory.