NFLPA investigating handling of Dolphins QB Tagovailoa’s concussion check

RaidersAreOne

On 9/25/2022 at 10:07 PM, incognito_man said:

It's super creepy if you think about it:

He's of the opinion that compromised people can give consent.

That's a mindset of a certain type

Rare W by you. Wow!

Miami really screwed up, but I'm all about Teddy Time!

Edited by SteelKing728

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Read the first pages of the thread…this stuff was all said Sunday and then reiterated. There’s no hindsight. You’re reaching.

Not taking about the beginning of this thread/ Buffalo game but those trying to connect the dots between the two injuries. 

Had Tua been found concussed properly on Sunday, he wouldn't of been injured last night. Therefor not twitching on the field and taken off on a stretcher, ect, ect on national television. The Two injuries have nothing to do with the one another.

Other then pure unadulterated bad luck! That could of just as easily been Teddy body slammed and taken to the ER. 

If people want to question the Concussion protocols of the NFL , by all means fire away!!!! However Blaming the HC, Medical Staff, Independent Dr.'s (IF INDEED) he passed everything placed before him protocol wise regardless of what we all saw Sunday, is ridiculous. 

Especially if in conjunction with the Bengals slam/hospital visit last night. That's all.

Now IF PROVEN guilty of foul play, circumventing the protocols light thier ***** up. Fire, massive fines,  take away picks!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

59 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not taking about the beginning of this thread/ Buffalo game but those trying to connect the dots between the two injuries. 

We're connecting the dots between the two because the outcomes of both games are very relevant here. He was clearly concussed on Sunday but was somehow still allowed to play the game AND play again 4 days later. Despite what real diagnosis from REAL doctors would normally recommend, and DEFIANTLY against everything NFL/Union reps have been preaching about for the last 20 years since they keep making changes to the rules under the guise "better protection for players".

51 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Had Tua been found concussed properly on Sunday, he wouldn't of been injured last night. Therefor not twitching on the field and taken off on a stretcher, ect, ect on national television. The Two injuries have nothing to do with the one another.

You don't see the contradiction here? 

You're right. If he had been PROPERLY diagnosed as concussed on Sunday then he wouldn't have been injured on Thursday becuase he wouldn't have even been able to play under protocol rules.  THIS is the big issue here. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Other then pure unadulterated bad luck! That could of just as easily been Teddy body slammed and taken to the ER. 

Completely different circumstance. Teddy wasn't coming off a game in which he was clearly concussed 4 days earlier.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

If people want to question the Concussion protocols of the NFL , by all means fire away!!!! However Blaming the HC, Medical Staff, Independent Dr.'s (IF INDEED) he passed everything placed before him protocol wise regardless of what we all saw Sunday, is ridiculous. 

The bolded is EXACTLY what I'm firing away at.  But again, you don't see the contradiction in your statement here? 

CLEARLY someone(s) is to blame and here you are asking us to not blame anyone.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The bolded is EXACTLY what I'm firing away at.  But again, you don't see the contradiction in your statement here? 

CLEARLY someone(s) is to blame and here you are asking us to not blame anyone.

I'm seeing a lot of assumptions based off non medical personnel people having opinions. It doesn't matter what you believe to of occured. 

You were not present at the game, in the tent, giving him his cognitive tests. An actual Medical professional (to my knowledge). All you are doing is speculating and assuming based off the shock value of the actyal video.

Video I agree that looks as obvious as can be to average Joe he was concussed. However once again, not the Medical people there so you can't prove he was.

Are you of the opinion Tua was playing poorly, his ability to play QB impared vs the Bengals thus his 8-14 110yds , 1 Int? Or does it only matter now because he was injured again?

28 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm seeing a lot of assumptions based off non medical personnel people having opinions. It doesn't matter what you believe to of occured. 

So let me get this straight. You don't believe ANYONE did anything wrong here?

Don't take my word for it.  This is from a REAL former athlete with a solid background on the topic and I'm assuming you're not.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You said if Tua didn’t get hurt on Thursday, that there’d be no outrage. You’re wrong. There was people blasting Miami before the game even started. There’s no hindsight.

Why would you assume that two head injuries in a small timeframe have nothing to do with each other?

It could have. That doesn’t mean Tua should have been out there. 

So a player gets obviously concussed Sunday, sent back into the same game Sunday, sent into the game Thursday, suffers an even worse head injury - and you’re saying that doesn’t fall on the head coach? The doctors do not determine his status, the team does. 

Especially if in conjunction with the Bengals slam/hospital visit last night. That's all.

Now IF PROVEN guilty of foul play, circumventing the protocols light thier ***** up. Fire, massive fines,  take away picks!!!

You said there was hindsight used. You were wrong again. Nice deflection.

57 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

However once again, not the Medical people there so you can't prove he was.

The tests don’t prove he wasn’t, either. That’s the problem. This isn’t a blood test for a controlled substance or a biopsy on a growth. They didn’t scan anything on the sideline (not that a scan is a definitive way to find a concussion either).

45 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The tests don’t prove he wasn’t, either. That’s the problem. This isn’t a blood test for a controlled substance or a biopsy on a growth. They didn’t scan anything on the sideline (not that a scan is a definitive way to find a concussion either).

Then your problem should be with the NFL, it's protocol and whichever "doctors" weren't smart enough to diagnose what you and others assume to be the case. Neither on that Sunday and or the 4 days leading up to the TNF game.

Curious, given the massive trauma's (plural) Tua obviously endured. Is it normal for any Hospital to release said individuals in order to Fly home on a plane just mere hrs later? 

I mean they too had to be aware of both incidents, No? Honest question.

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

That’s a straw man. I never said we can all diagnose just by viewing. But sometimes, it’s obvious. In this case, to the vast majority of people not employed by the Dolphins, NFL, or guys on FF with 12 pack abs, that was the case.

How the heck is that a strawman? You just said “we can’t diagnose just by viewing” then in literally the next sentence say “sometimes it’s obvious” lol. If that’s not definitive then I don’t know what it is. So what if that’s what people say. Doctors saw what we all saw and evaluated him. Like I said if we are always gonna go by what we see on the field then remove the protocols all together. What’s the actual point?

The only way in which McDaniel would deserve heat and accountability is if he somehow coerced the doctors to put Tua back in the game. Which would mean he would have to undermined a team employee and a league employee. 

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO I think it's a perfect example of a microcosm within society, which is that everyone pretends to care about __________ (in this case head trauma), while actively caring more about CYA and passing the buck.

The official(s): This isn't my job.

The Independent neurologist: He passed the tests. (Side note: Does he/is he made aware or given access to the tape of the wobble after he was pulled out of the game?)

The team medical staff: The independent neurologist cleared him. The athlete says that he can play.

The coaching staff: Will ALWAYS side with whatever the training staff says. ALWAYS.

Its what Joker said in Dark Knight, “Nobody panics when things go 'according to plan!' Even if the plan is horrifying!”

• Like 2