NFLPA investigating handling of Dolphins QB Tagovailoa’s concussion check

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Doesn't really change the statement - there are people in this thread who have enough tangible experience in this sort of situation to make an educated statement given the variables we all witnessed.

And you're choosing to disagree with 'em.

Already posted this 

Now IF PROVEN guilty of foul play, circumventing the protocols light thier ***** up. Fire, massive fines,  take away picks!!!

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Already posted this 

Now IF PROVEN guilty of foul play, circumventing the protocols light thier ***** up. Fire, massive fines,  take away picks!!!

Somebody LITERALLY got fired within 48 hours of the injury. For a league that takes its sweet time in making a decision in critical matters, that’s pretty fast.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Somebody LITERALLY got fired within 48 hours of the injury. For a league that takes its sweet time in making a decision in critical matters, that’s pretty fast.

National television and 10's of millions of fans watching will speed up the process. 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

National television and 10's of millions of fans watching will speed up the process. 

Let’s be realistic, the Buffalo game (not nationally televised) got a lot of run too.

The NFL is a national brand in itself, its going to get run regardless.

3 hours ago, jofos said:

So aren't the Dolphins doctors wrong for not correcting the independent guy and taking care of their QB? And isn't Mcdaniel the final say on who goes on the field?

depends on what they knew.

I don't know much about this stuff either, I'd likely trust someone who is supposed to be an expert on the subject whose sole job it is to make that determination over some guys on Twitter,  myself.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Once you see the NFLPA is an arm of the NFL itself and plays a role of controlled opposition--look at the weak leadership by DeMaurice Smith and how the players always get screwed--then you'll have the answers to your questions IMO. My guess is this was all decided behind closed doors and a fall guy was agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA. 

if that were the case, I don't see the NFLPA challenging it at all.

52 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Kris Dielman suffered a concussion in a game, was flying back with the team, and the plane had to do an emergency landing because the guy had a seizure. 

Just because someone leaves a hospital doesn’t mean they’re fine.

Kris Dielman didn't go to the hospital (or even get evaluated at all) prior to the flight, though. Not equivalent situations, really.

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Kris Dielman didn't go to the hospital (or even get evaluated at all) prior to the flight, though. Not equivalent situations, really.

Didn’t even realize that, that’s highly unfortunate.

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

if that were the case, I don't see the NFLPA challenging it at all.

My perspective: if the NFLPA didn't at least participate in a show trial of it then there might be more rocks unturned with the relationship between the NFL and NFLPA.

Part of the game is to each play a part of making theater of battling before reaching agreement so that the smallfolk don't get their pitchforks--turning away from the NFL. The small victories for the NFLPA are meant to keep puppets like Smith in power.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

depends on what they knew.

I don't know much about this stuff either, I'd likely trust someone who is supposed to be an expert on the subject whose sole job it is to make that determination over some guys on Twitter,  myself.

The Dolphins doctors are supposed to be experts as well. The guy that was fired is not thought of as a better doctor just one that is not employed by the team. If the independent guy got it wrong, which something was wrong are he doesn't get fired, then the Dolphins guys should have gotten it right. The impendent guy can overrule and say a player can't play he can't overrule and say he can. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Let’s be realistic, the Buffalo game (not nationally televised) got a lot of run too.

The NFL is a national brand in itself, its going to get run regardless.

Every sports channel since the Buffalo game, media outlet and the TNF injury to boot? Heads were gonna roll or scapegoats found. That was never really in question.