Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

A TE would work too.  So long as it's a weapon for Lawrence.

I would add the stipulation a weapon who can go up and get balls and is comfortable in the middle of the field. And to me, that's Mayer. Comps are dumb, but the man is Gronk reincarnated.

Jags need to give him players around him to help patch weaknesses while he works on that part of his game.

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Serious question for Jags fans: how do you keep this going into 2023? Is it as simple as spending the offseason working on the defense, knowing that Ridley is coming in? Or are there other additions for the offense you're hoping for? You have your QB; that's the hardest part done. Now build around him.

Outside of the draft there isn’t likely much being done. A lot of the defensive key pieces besides Allen/Oluokun/Jenkins/Fatukasi/Darious Williams are young players who need to continue to develop. Offensively the OL all likely sticks in place (Jawaan is an FA, so Little may step in). Ridley comes in via the trade at the deadline and I expect Evan Engram to be retained. Maybe a new RB to pair with ETN and another TE and/or WR to fit in.

Always here for more weapons but I don’t see them adding another WR at the top of the draft. If we lose Engram maybe Mayer?

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I have Hyatt as a very fast riser in the offseason eval, so I get it.

Yeah. I honestly think there are some better receivers in the class, but he’s gonna have a great 40 time, and the NFL seems to value those receivers a lot more than possession guys.

TBH I don’t think Hyatt is the best receiver out of Tennessee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Serious question for Jags fans: how do you keep this going into 2023? Is it as simple as spending the offseason working on the defense, knowing that Ridley is coming in? Or are there other additions for the offense you're hoping for? You have your QB; that's the hardest part done. Now build around him.

Have to start drafting better and making good decisions when extending current players.   All that cap space is gone, so signing a bunch of free agents is now off the table.  Lawrence will keep them relevant for the next decade,  but how they draft will determine if they become an elite team. 

37 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah. I honestly think there are some better receivers in the class, but he’s gonna have a great 40 time, and the NFL seems to value those receivers a lot more than possession guys.

TBH I don’t think Hyatt is the best receiver out of Tennessee.

He gives me Will Fuller vibes - which isn’t bad, Fuller had a weird injury history once he got to the NFL (was sturdy at Notre Dame) but when he wasn’t hurt, dude was downright deadly on the deep ball. Not exactly a #1, but a guy you have to keep a body over the top on because he could kill your gameplan with one route.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

He gives me Will Fuller vibes - which isn’t bad, Fuller had a weird injury history once he got to the NFL (was sturdy at Notre Dame) but when he wasn’t hurt, dude was downright deadly on the deep ball. Not exactly a #1, but a guy you have to keep a body over the top on because he could kill your gameplan with one route.

Well, Tillman is also super underrated because he was out the whole season.  But for instance, in the South Carolina game, Cam Smith spent time covering Jalin Hyatt and Cedric Tillman, and while both made some hay, Smith did a better job covering Hyatt, and there was one TD where Tillman just had his way with Smith.

Hyatt has better hands though, Tillman is kinda like AJ Brown in that he's big, physical, and as fast as he needs to be, but just has a few games here and there where he just drops a lot.

• Like 2

Trevor Lawrence vs. Zach Wilson, by the numbers: How top two picks in 2021 NFL Draft stack up against each other

There was little doubt a year ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft that Trevor Lawrence would be selected first overall. The Jets and Jaguars eventually battled for the No. 1 pick, but after New York won two of its last three games in 2020, it was Jacksonville that had the chance to draft a quarterback many considered to be one of the best prospects in recent memory.

With Lawrence destined for Jacksonville, the Jets had plenty of time to decide who to draft second overall. General manager Joe Douglas settled on Zach Wilson, whose raw arm strength paved the way for a breakout 2020 season at BYU.

Lawrence and Wilson's careers have taken twists and turns through nearly two NFL seasons, but their trajectories are starting to point in completely different directions.

As they prepare to face each other in the midst of a playoff race, The Sporting News looks at how Lawrence and Wilson stack up against each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I took Jags tonight for my spread pick em and then saw this.

Think I’d be more worried due to the forecast than anything else.

Cold with 100% chance of rain. Was a monsoon but that Philly game was ugly. 

• Like 1