Week 4 Games

Striker

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Seems like firing the doctor who passed Tua on the evaluation was probably the wrong move.  If there is one guy who would be ultra conservative letting players back on the field going forward, it's that guy.

Maybe he had Tua on his fantasy team. 

7 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

So I just watched the Tua injury...

Am I the only one who thinks it "doesn't matter" whether or not he was improperly cleared? 

Any human being that took that tackle whether or not they have ever had a concussion prior would have been knocked out the exact same way.

I've watched wrestling most of my life and that's literally the most effective finishing move (way to believably knock someone out) I've ever seen meaning nobody can even imagine a more over the top way to drop someone on their head. 

I've watched UFC most of my life. If someone made that tackle in the ring it would go down as the GOAT KO.

Long story short there's nothing you can actually regulate in the sport of football to avoid that happening. 

This is a good take. That was a car accident—like being T-boned. We cannot know the relationship between Tua’s wobbly get up from the week before and this last incident. There might have been some residual physical unpreparedness or some brain injury that escaped detection by qualified evaluations.

But that action by the defense was brutal. I would much rather allow the “body weight” tackle than what can only be called “whipping”. The problem is that the same move without the incredible rotation speed is a routine sack. I don’t know how you can create a rule to outlaw something that is a matter of degree. 

8 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

So I just watched the Tua injury...

Am I the only one who thinks it "doesn't matter" whether or not he was improperly cleared? 

Any human being that took that tackle whether or not they have ever had a concussion prior would have been knocked out the exact same way.

I've watched wrestling most of my life and that's literally the most effective finishing move (way to believably knock someone out) I've ever seen meaning nobody can even imagine a more over the top way to drop someone on their head. 

I've watched UFC most of my life. If someone made that tackle in the ring it would go down as the GOAT KO.

Long story short there's nothing you can actually regulate in the sport of football to avoid that happening. 

Yes, this would have been a concussion regardless of what happened on Sunday. Had he been diagnosed properly on Sunday he likely wouldn't have been in the game on Thursday.

Having two concussions within 4 days of one another is not a good thing. I think that is the point. 

1 minute ago, Uffdaswede said:

Will Compton can take some consolation from the fact that no one knows if he actually was right. He can ease up on himself, poor fellow. 

What normal thinking person looks at Tua wobbling when he got up on Sunday and thought, gee he must have a back injury? I mean come on. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

What normal thinking person looks at Tua wobbling when he got up on Sunday and thought, gee he must have a back injury? I mean come on. 

I hear you. I thought the same at first. But we are in the position of either believing several qualified medical people, the team, the NFL and Tua were all blatantly lying to us or that he really did inexplicably pass his evaluations to everyone’s satisfaction. 

Just now, Uffdaswede said:

I hear you. I thought the same at first. But we are in the position of either believing several qualified medical people, the team, the NFL and Tua were all blatantly lying to us or that he really did inexplicably pass his evaluations to everyone’s satisfaction. 

Did you read the report on why the guy was fired? Several mistakes were made. They are obviously saying he had a concussion. I'm no doctor but know when I guy loses his motor skills like that, he got his bell seriously rung and needs to take the rest of the day off.

It's not a difficult decision. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Did you read the report on why the guy was fired? Several mistakes were made. They are obviously saying he had a concussion. I'm no doctor but know when I guy loses his motor skills like that, he got his bell seriously rung and needs to take the rest of the day off.

It's not a difficult decision. 

Nope. I didn’t hear they fired the guy that made the call. This is me sliding over to your side of the table and pretending I’ve been here the whole time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Year 1: Rodgers

Year 2: Defense

Year 3: ST

Year 4: Week 1

MLF fixes one thing at a time

I don’t see any of that:

1-   I don’t know what he did for Rodgers. He did install a modern motion, multiple set offense. That was important (Mac’s offense was brutal at the end). The main factors for Rodgers’ resurgence were the maturing receivers, Rodgers’ film work where he discovered a flaw he developed in his throwing motion and incorporating leg weight routines (squats/press) with his leg workouts.

2-   Really- is that fixed? Gute has allocated enormous assets to the defense with very mixed results.

3-   Hope it’s fixed. MLF’s ST units have been a complete disaster his first three seasons.

4-   Week 1 has been a nightmare the last two seasons, so I don’t know what you’re really stating?!?