Former Ravens CB Jimmy Smith retires

TheKillerNacho

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/03/longtime-ravens-corner-jimmy-smith-announces-his-retirement/

Smith had 374 tackles, 14 interceptions, three sacks, three forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, and two interception returns for touchdowns in his regular season career. He had 19 tackles, an interception, and a fumble recovery in his playoff appearances.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Solid resume with his career statistics, wonder if helping win Super Bowl XLVII and getting that elusive ring helps elevate him to earn a Hall of Fame bid.

I doubt it since he was hurt a lot.

Here's to a beautiful career and one of my all-time favorite Ravens, Jimmy Mac! Salute

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Solid resume with his career statistics, wonder if helping win Super Bowl XLVII and getting that elusive ring helps elevate him to earn a Hall of Fame bid.

Hall of Fame might be a though task but he's a solid contender for the Hall of Always Hurt. He's in a bit of a weird spot imo. Consistently overrated by Ravens fans but underrated by the rest. I'm guessing he'll be remembered with warm but mixed feelings in Maryland but soon forgotten by the public at large.