Week 11 GDT

Breesus mode

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

McDaniels seems to be calling a good game so far

I was largely referring to the RB's.  Just when it seemed you guys found a groove (even with the rotation) that was humming the last couple weeks, he's now switched it up and they're throwing to Lewis, running with Burkhead and White.  The only bizarro thing we haven't seen yet is Gillislee getting targets in the passing game.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Don't get me wrong.  I think Jags are a good team.

Just pointing out a massive flaw with the team that can ruin all of those other good things they have going for them at any time.

Which may very well likely happen. A team who hasn't been in the playoffs in ten years with a lot of young players isn't a recipe for playoff success, but I'd certainly say with the way the defense/run game is going that we should at least test the top tier teams with a chance to play spoiler.

Think that's pretty much all any Jags fan thinks at this point is the ceiling. I certainly am not thinking any higher than that until the QB plays a bit better/we face the right team at the right time.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

So then why don't we see defenses do this when they have weak schedules in recent years? All the stats we see being put up compare us to defenses like the 85 Bears.

Either way anyone can have any opinion they want. Not saying the Jaguars are even a great team, but saying the #3 seed and on in the AFC is "so bad" I think is taking it too far myself.

That's fair. The Jags certainly  aren't a bad team, but comparatively speaking, I just don't think they're a good three seed. After that, the Chiefs look broken and everyone after KC has had some absolutely terrible performances. It is a bad conference. Doesn't mean every team is bad, but it's significantly weaker than the NFC when you go down the line.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

They won by two TDs and would have been three TDs if the refs didn’t call Dante Fowler’s fumble return dead.

Not sure why this is a mark against them when the Steelers, currently the #1 seed, beat the Browns by 3 points. 

Very good point.

Acting as if any good team should just "handle" any poor team with ease is kind of ridiculous. I don't get that line of thinking. Especially with how the Jaguars play football.

Sure, we got some of that earlier in the season, but ground and pound+elite defense isn't a recipe for big scoring numbers.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not saying much since they don't have a lot of good teams left on the schedule.

They have Pittsburgh and the AFC East teams (5 of the remaining 6 games after today) are always a pain and play the Pats tough. 1-2 losses are likely after today

Archived