Week 5 GDT: Raiders @ Chiefs - Just two Baby?

big_palooka

I don’t consider this a must win because the way the schedule looks like for their next 6 games and basically the rest of the season. A lot of team who we thought were gonna be really good(Colts,Broncos,Rams,Saints,Steelers) are just not as good. The Raiders have a very winnable schedule after this game to make up the losses and more 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t consider this a must win because the way the schedule looks like for their next 6 games and basically the rest of the season. A lot of team who we thought were gonna be really good(Colts,Broncos,Rams,Saints,Steelers) are just not as good. The Raiders have a very winnable schedule after this game to make up the losses and more 

Tie breakers always come into play down the stretch. so imo when you start slow every afc game from here out is a must win. 

the way we’re playing saying those are winnable mehh I’d rather win now than bank on winning later. 

I bet kc thought colts were winnable also. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Why isn’t this a must win to you?

It's week 5. The AFC as a whole is underwhelming. Playoff teams are always the ones who win in Nov/Dec. 

From the "it's a rival and F the Cheifs" standpoint, it's a must win or course. Hate this team and am sick of their nonstop coverage. Would love nothing more that to smash them and get a W.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Why isn’t this a must win to you?

After seeing the crap fest the AFC largely is, I wouldn't call it a "must" win. 

Even with a loss, it doesn't look like the season is near over. 

But it is a "need to" win or look really good in defeat game for me. No shame in losing to Kansas City, but if we get embarrassed, changes gotta come.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:03 PM, BayRaider said:

The playoffs are already likely done. 0-3 is a 2% chance. 1-4 is a 1% chance. Percentages are not hyperbole. A poker player or mathematician would call you the crazy one here not realizing reality. This really is a must win football game. 

Raider chances of making the playoffs last year on any given week was always 5% or above. 

I don't think so, just because so many teams are 2-2.

I heard something earlier on Raider Nation Radio, the magic number here is + 55. Apparently the winning formula is to have at least 55 total completed passes + rushing attempts in order to win. (I think this was an old Brian Billick/Ravens thing if im not mistaken) Interesting stat; that number was 58 last week in the win against the Broncos, 57 the last time we beat KC & averaged about 49 in the last 3 games we’ve lost to KC. 
I believe we need to establish the run, get JJ at least 100 yards and be aggressive when they go to man coverage. On defense, we need D line to show up and help Maxx. I like Cle & possibly Koonce to make an impact if given the opportunity. Im just hoping not to get embarrassed but I like our chances ** fingers crossed **

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

After seeing the crap fest the AFC largely is, I wouldn't call it a "must" win. 

Even with a loss, it doesn't look like the season is near over. 

But it is a "need to" win or look really good in defeat game for me. No shame in losing to Kansas City, but if we get embarrassed, changes gotta come.

I would agree if we looked good in our loses but none of the games we’ve played has me optimistic. Even den we barely won that game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marz_LVR said:

I heard something earlier on Raider Nation Radio, the magic number here is + 55. Apparently the winning formula is to have at least 55 total completed passes + rushing attempts in order to win. (I think this was an old Brian Billick/Ravens thing if im not mistaken) Interesting stat; that number was 58 last week in the win against the Broncos, 57 the last time we beat KC & averaged about 49 in the last 3 games we’ve lost to KC. 
I believe we need to establish the run, get JJ at least 100 yards and be aggressive when they go to man coverage. On defense, we need D line to show up and help Maxx. I like Cle & possibly Koonce to make an impact if given the opportunity. Im just hoping not to get embarrassed but I like our chances ** fingers crossed **

Interesting I’ve heard the time of possession = points idea

33min t.o.p = should be able to put up at least 33 points

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

All the percentages are based on a 16 game schedule and 2 wildcard spots. 

If the Raiders lose, they are no more than 2 games back in the AFC to most teams. Along with the division, they play the Jags, Jets, Colts and Patriots who all look to factor into the playoffs. This is very much not a must win.

With a lost the Raiders would be 2 games behind: Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Ravens and Titans

All these teams have problems and will drop games. Not much would need to go there way. They just need to win games. 

This argument I can get behind. A win could be big to show they can compete against the divisions top team and be big going forward. A close loss, I'm not worried about them going forward. Signals they are a good team. 

A bad loss like the 2 last season would likely not end well for their psyches. 

We can at least mutually agree if we get blown out by three scores, this team likely isn’t doing squat.