Week 5 Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Xenos said:

I’m torn about that decision. I can understand why Staley wanted to ice the game since he did the same thing last year against the Eagles.

I would have understood the decision more if Cleveland had their timeouts. But making us go the length of the field with no time outs, and thus no threat of the running game, would have been the right decision.

Doesn't matter since we bailed Staley out, but that was a dumb decision on his part.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If I was the HC, I'd have pulled my entire team off the field after the call and told them we're done. That was pure cheating.

I hope someone does this someday. I don't know what else it will take for the conversation to happen regarding officiating. It's just so blatantly bad on occasion. There's some real ineptness at times or cheating. Either way, it needs addressing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Definitely a team that the media circle J has fully gone to their head but they’ll get away with because Josh Allen puts butts in the seats 

Lawson acting like he has a leg to stand on after taking a shot at Pickett's knee there. Absolutely dirty team.

Just now, jrry32 said:

The refs screwed over TB last year in the playoffs? Are you on crack?

Did you not watch that game? What team are you... oh. That explains it.

Don't try. The refs were inept that game. Calling Brady for a Unsportsmanlike after getting a bloodying helmet to chin? Again, there was a lot more. It was laughable.

The major point is that the refs aren't fixing this game. If they were in on TB, they could have (and should have) called PI on the Miller target to virtually end the game. But that doesn't fit your narrative.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I’m torn about that decision. I can understand why Staley wanted to ice the game since he did the same thing last year against the Eagles.

So, there are scenarios where I"m 100% going for it. Those scenarios involve someone like Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen or Rodgers or hell, any average starting QB on the other side of the ball. Alos, if the opposing team has 3 timeouts. 

But 0 timeouts, against a team that relies on the running game and is being led by Brisset currently is a punt for me most likely

• Like 3