Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You get two more and that is it. Now quit complaining! 

WEAPONZ IN ROUND ONE!

I'm only partially kidding.  It would be delicious.

Going defense and EDGE is more prudent, but forget being smart.  We've been smart for a while.  We were ridiculously dumb last draft and that may have panned out for us.  So let's get crazy!

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

WEAPONZ IN ROUND ONE!

Going defense and EDGE is more prudent, but forget being smart.  We've been smart for a while.  We were ridiculously dumb last draft and that may have panned out for us.  So let's get crazy!

Ideally, we come out of draft with EDGE, WR, EDGE, TE then some help at o-line and interior d-line. 

BTW, I'm trading down in round 1 into round 2 for additional 2nd round picks. 

I'd love for it go to something like this: Hall, Hyatt, LaPorta, Foskey. 

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

WEAPONZ IN ROUND ONE!

Don't forget that 95% of this board has renounced Quay Walker for being a dumb hothead while simultaneously anointing Devonte Wyatt as the next big thing on the defense.

WR is now a premium position, and I think it could be the pick at 15

The issues we had on offense this year I don’t think were as related to the skills as people claim.

This was the first year I can remember in a long time where our offensive line was consistently bad.

Doubs and Watson both had more receptions and both had a better catch percentage than the rookie years of Adams, Nelson and Jennings. Only Cobb had a better catch% in his rookie year. Only James Jones had more receptions, but Jones had a terrible catch percentage.

They both did it in fewer games.

They’re both going to be good. Really good.

We need an OT more than a WR as far as future needs and Love era needs.

Nothing is more important to a new QB than the OL.

If it were up to me, I’d take two OTs in round one before I took a receiver. I’d even take an IOL before a receiver.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The issues we had on offense this year I don’t think were as related to the skills as people claim.

This was the first year I can remember in a long time where our offensive line was consistently bad.

Doubs and Watson both had more receptions and both had a better catch percentage than the rookie years of Adams, Nelson and Jennings. Only Cobb had a better catch% in his rookie year. Only James Jones had more receptions, but Jones had a terrible catch percentage.

They both did it in fewer games.

They’re both going to be good. Really good.

We need an OT more than a WR as far as future needs and Love era needs.

Nothing is more important to a new QB than the OL.

If it were up to me, I’d take two OTs in round one before I took a receiver. I’d even take an IOL before a receiver.

I'm down for one of the top tackles.  For sure.

Also...I feel like we drafted offensive line last year.  And I'm not opposed to trying some more in the mid rounds.

But I'd love a compliment to Doubs/Watson.  Someone who is 21 years old.  6 feet tall.  200 pounds plus or minus a couple of pounds.  Someone who set the receiving record for his college at 1,600 yards.  Someone who wore #11.  Yea, that about does it.

EDGE makes a lot of sense, and it is a deep class.  

But hey, we are going to have a couple high picks, let's just get them all and roll.

• 6 months later...

Sick and tired of us trying to build a defense.  Absolutely sick of it.  How many more years will we waste picks on defensive players.  When we are picking guys like Kevin King over TJ Watt, even if it was the other guy, it is time to sincerely sit back and re-evaluate it.  Reach the acceptance phase.  Its not the coaching staff.  Its the players.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's just not a good DC .. not sure why he was brought back.  Made no sense them .. makes no sense now.  There were several really good candidates out there for the taking, and we stuck with Clown Show Joe.

Not his fault.  Players suck.  We need to stop blaming coaches now.  We've done that for ten years now.  its not the coaches.  When you suck for THIS long, its not the coaches, its the product on the field.

Edited by HeresAGuy

6 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Not his fault.  Players suck.  We need to stop blaming coaches now.  We've done that for ten years now.  its not the coaches.

LOL .. seriously?  Not his fault .. yikes.  4th quarter they pressured the qb in 1st and 2nd down; then with 3 rd and 15 he plays a soft zone and it's a 1st down.  Do his frickin job and man to man with pressure and GB wins that game.  Not his fault my arse.  Not only that, the players hate the soft zone defense; can't put a round peg in a square hole.  

Edited by coachbuns