Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Any scenario where it’s possible Saleh is available this offseason if their season blows up further? not likely with Rodgers liking him but would be near ideal replacement for Barry. 

I have little faith GB can secure top / established coaching talent.

If Keenan Allen doesn’t drop two TD passes today, and if the other dude doesn’t drop another possible TD on the right sideline in the bolts final drive, GB loses.  In spite of those crucial drops, I thought the defense played good enough today.  Would still like to see a new d-coordinator in town sooner than later.

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

All Barry did was play a frickin soft zone.  I imagine that's all he thought he could do with the players he had.  That being said, the zones were open all game long and if it wasn't for the Charger receivers dropping every other pass it would have been very ugly.  The Packers got some offense going which was great but lets not pretend the soft zones Barry put up was genius.

this is the thing... if the Chargers didn't "charger" themselves they would have/could have/should have won by two scores... and it's also true GB had a very inexperienced/low-valued D backfield that the DC had to do his best to protect... I'm glad for a Packers win, but this defense got bailed out today by a LAC team that is, frankly, surprisingly bad - especially when you look at the talent level on their roster, especially at the premium positions

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

If Keenan Allen doesn’t drop two TD passes today, and if the other dude doesn’t drop another possible TD on the right sideline in the bolts final drive, GB loses.  In spite of those crucial drops, I thought the defense played good enough today.  Would still like to see a new d-coordinator in town sooner than later.

nvm

Edited by sgtcheezwiz

On 11/20/2023 at 1:08 PM, Arthur Penske said:

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

-Week 14 @ NYG (Tommy Devito/Saquon Barkley)
-Week 15 vs. Tampa (Baker Mayfield/Rachaad White)
-Week 16 @ Carolina (Bryce Young/lol)
-Week 17 @ Minnesota (Joshua Dobbs/lol part two)
-Week 18 vs. Chicago (Justin Fields/Herbert/Foreman/Johnson)

I am very concerned that MLF will level himself into keeping Barry after the defense looks capable vs. this just absolutely stellar lineup.

Edited by Striker

5 hours ago, Striker said:

I am very concerned that MLF will level himself into keeping Barry after the defense looks capable vs. this just absolutely stellar lineup.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ajf64jz3uccjm8xpy0h

39 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Team has to believe that if we go into detroit and pull a thanksgiving stunner we could run the table and be in the hunt. 

If it wasn't for all the injuries I'd like their chances a lot better.  Basically the Packers will be outmanned at nearly every position on the field.  Hopefully the Packers coaches can scheme some stuff up to make this one interesting.  You know who you have to stop .. make it so. 

6 hours ago, Striker said:

To be fair to Barry, you would have to keep him if the defense does well.  

On 11/19/2023 at 11:00 PM, Sasquatch said:

And if the Queen had nuts, she would be the King.