How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I’d still have him in the 13-17 range. Unlike Carr stans such as yourself, people that actually watch the games can have changing opinions over time based on player performance. 

I don't see why folks can't understand this concept. 

QBs are usually pretty fluid and can move up or down a few spots based on how things go. I like to give a 3-5 spot wiggle room. Some QBs are more consistent than others, some have outright down years. 

Last year before the season, some people had Jared Goff as like QB20 in the league. He's decidedly moved up a good deal on the list and is arguably playing like a top 8-10 QB. I had Carr around 8/9 I believe. A good season could've seen him move up around 5-6, a meh or bad one down to about 13/14.  

I swear it's like people see a preseason ranking and think it's concrete forever and always. A LOT of people had Russell Wilson as a top 5-6 QB this time last year, and to say otherwise was akin to blasphemy. He played worse than I think even his doubters thought he would, and thus dropped precipitously. Not a difficult concept. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You really going to give credit to JMD for what Jacobs did?  Also last year when our recieving options went down Renfrow had a 1000 yard season.  This year when our #2 and 3 options went down what did you expect Adams to do?  

We have some talented players and Jacobs was very motivated in a contract year.  Jacobs was more of an individual effort and Adams had to be force fed.  Also Adams made Jacobs job a little bit easier.  Our overall offensive output was 1.2 points per game better than last year.  We had a garbage offense last year after Ruggs and Gruden were gone.  We posted 30 points or more in 4 of our first 7 games last year. This year we did it 5 times all year.  Sorry but the offense was worse under JMD than it was under Gruden.

So we can build a defense around an offense that scores 22 points per game.  Hopefully it gets better but I still do not believe JMD is a good coach.

And you shouldn't until he wins games, it that simple. 

15 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Enough with Gruden's offense it won multiple SB with different teams. Its proven around the NFL but what has Josh's offense done around the league nothing. I can't believe people can't remember the stupid play calling.

McDaniels runs a modified version of the Erhardt-Perkins which was used by Bill Parcells and Bill Cowher among others. It's been one of the staple offense in the NFL for decades.

McDaniels has managed eight top 10 offenses and 3 number 1 overall offenses in his career. Albeit with Brady. 

But you have to be blind now to see the potential in his offense if they can beef the Oline up and keep skill spots healthy. 

If you are going use the Gruden comparison, the offense nearly averaged the same amount of points as it did with Gruden. Despite losing Renfrow and Waller for stretches. 

Yes, the play calling was suspect at times. And the execution was poor at times. But the scheme was great at getting guys open. The QB has to find them now. Both Carr and Stidham were missing wide open opportunities frequently. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

These darn player keep supporting the coach you all hate so much.... 

To be fair, did you expect any of them to say he sucks or even they're not sure about what's happening?

I'm in wait and see mode because who freaking knows what will happen.  I'm guessing the players are too.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

To be fair, did you expect any of them to say he sucks or even they're not sure about what's happening?

I'm in wait and see mode because who freaking knows what will happen.  I'm guessing the players are too.

Players have trash their coaches off the record plenty. We haven't seen many if any anonymous reports of josh losing the locker room. I really that was made up by fans cause they hate josh. 

call it what you want, a positive on the season was that the team was still playing hard. And the comments have been all positive. So it seems the team is bought in, even after the Carr situation. i rag on JMD but there are some positives. Its going to come down to bringing in talent this offseason. I just hope it isnt a quick fix type of strategy. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You back from your break already?

To "make it make sense" ..... Carr was was playing small in the pocket, not letting plays develop and missing wide open WRs. Go follow anyone who breaks down film for a living on Carr. The tape don't lie. 

He wasn't a fit and not worth risking injury and having to pay.

Nobody is blaming everything on Carr. He's was far from the only problem. But he was not the solution and he's proved that for 9 years now. 

He is the solution. Raiders have never had a defense to give him a chance 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRgS4HFb/

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

And if the games ended at half time the Raiders would have the number 1 seed. However JMD could not produce offense in the second half that’s a big problem. It’s like he got figured out, it makes me worried that next season DCs might have his number. JMD feels like he thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room these types rarely change. 

That's true indeed. I'm no Josh McDaniels apologist and I do think it's possible that he may not have what it takes, but the players control most of what happens on the field. 

Edited by KlenlyKenny
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, true2form said:

Well Adams and Jacobs have both made comments about their offense and respect they have for them. 

And I would think any player off record would speak how they honestly feel.

Guessing 12 years between HC jobs, maybe he grew some as a people person. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

McDaniels runs a modified version of the Erhardt-Perkins which was used by Bill Parcells and Bill Cowher among others. It's been one of the staple offense in the NFL for decades.

McDaniels has managed eight top 10 offenses and 3 number 1 overall offenses in his career. Albeit with Brady. 

But you have to be blind now to see the potential in his offense if they can beef the Oline up and keep skill spots healthy. 

If you are going use the Gruden comparison, the offense nearly averaged the same amount of points as it did with Gruden. Despite losing Renfrow and Waller for stretches. 

Yes, the play calling was suspect at times. And the execution was poor at times. But the scheme was great at getting guys open. The QB has to find them now. Both Carr and Stidham were missing wide open opportunities frequently. 

Sorry have to edit it. Made a mistake.

You just names two coaches who play ball control with great defense.

Last year the Raiders lost Gruden, Ruggs and Waller. 

Every QB is going to miss open WR if the play design doesn't give them enough time.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

29 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I though it came it from Walsh(49er) to GB and Reid.

Last year the Raiders lost Gruden, Ruggs and Waller. 

Every QB is going to miss open WR if the play design doesn't give them enough time.

You're going to blame the play design over the execution of the Oline for protection? Man... the reaches some of you will go is hilarious. 

Go watch JT O'Sullivan's last breakdown of Carr. Example after example of a QB who doesn't handle pressure well and throws to the check down instead of letting guys come open. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're going to blame the play design over the execution of the Oline for protection? Man... the reaches some of you will go is hilarious. 

Go watch JT O'Sullivan's last breakdown of Carr. Example after example of a QB who doesn't handle pressure well and throws to the check down instead of letting guys come open. It is what it is. 

This is not a video game . Why would you call a play knowing your players can't execute?? Go ahead answer that.

Who cares about Carr?? Once he's not a Raider he's dead to me.