How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’d still have him in the 13-17 range. Unlike Carr stans such as yourself, people that actually watch the games can have changing opinions over time based on player performance. 

Please go back through the history on my comments regarding Carr prior to and after his departure. I’ve been ready to move on for several years and campaigned hard to trade him last year when his value was at its zenith.

Unlike you, I’m consistent with my takes and don’t change my stance from hour to hour. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

JMD take a lot of flak, but  his offense produced the Raiders first NFL rushing champ since 1985. And a Adams broke Mr. Raider's all time receiving mark. 

Build a defense around this and ...........  

You really going to give credit to JMD for what Jacobs did?  Also last year when our recieving options went down Renfrow had a 1000 yard season.  This year when our #2 and 3 options went down what did you expect Adams to do?  

We have some talented players and Jacobs was very motivated in a contract year.  Jacobs was more of an individual effort and Adams had to be force fed.  Also Adams made Jacobs job a little bit easier.  Our overall offensive output was 1.2 points per game better than last year.  We had a garbage offense last year after Ruggs and Gruden were gone.  We posted 30 points or more in 4 of our first 7 games last year. This year we did it 5 times all year.  Sorry but the offense was worse under JMD than it was under Gruden.

So we can build a defense around an offense that scores 22 points per game.  Hopefully it gets better but I still do not believe JMD is a good coach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Please go back through the history on my comments regarding Carr prior to and after his departure. I’ve been ready to move on for several years and campaigned hard to trade him last year when his value was at its zenith.

Unlike you, I’m consistent with my takes and don’t change my stance from hour to hour. 

But a straw man is so much easier to attack. So, why?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

JMD take a lot of flak, but  his offense produced the Raiders first NFL rushing champ since 1985. And a Adams broke Mr. Raider's all time receiving mark. 

extra season game also but

-props to jj on a contract year tryna secure the bag

-adams gonna adams no matter who throwing 

jmd has to show something esp game management 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You really going to give credit to JMD for what Jacobs did?  Also last year when our recieving options went down Renfrow had a 1000 yard season.  This year when our #2 and 3 options went down what did you expect Adams to do?  

We have some talented players and Jacobs was very motivated in a contract year.  Jacobs was more of an individual effort and Adams had to be force fed.  Also Adams made Jacobs job a little bit easier.  Our overall offensive output was 1.2 points per game better than last year.  We had a garbage offense last year after Ruggs and Gruden were gone.  We posted 30 points or more in 4 of our first 7 games last year. This year we did it 5 times all year.  Sorry but the offense was worse under JMD than it was under Gruden.

So we can build a defense around an offense that scores 22 points per game.  Hopefully it gets better but I still do not believe JMD is a good coach.

Preach!

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That's absolutely true. What he did with the offense from a production standpoint was impressive. He also did it with Waller and Renfrow missing a ton of games. A 1,600 yard back, and a reciever with 100 catches 1,500 yards and 10+ touchdowns. Very nice. 

• Like 1

If the offense was so impressive then why did DC get benched. Make it make sense. DC was screwed, a couple bad games in a new system and he’s gone. Even if we get Brady, we have no chance until we improve the Defense. OL overachieved and is average at best. You know the defense is trash when teams are mocking us by running in circles. Our defense is a joke, and a laughing stock around the league. But let’s blame everything in DC who actually showed up. Between Mcdaniels getting out coached every week with in game adjustments, and that pathetic defense 

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Who do you think is responsible for blocking schemes, formations, play design or play selection?

It's okay to be disappointed from this season or JMD. But you should also give props where they belong.
And JMD's scheme is for sure a reason why Jacobs is rushing leader of the NFL.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KlenlyKenny said:

That's absolutely true. What he did with the offense from a production standpoint was impressive. He also did it with Waller and Renfrow missing a ton of games. A 1,600 yard back, and a reciever with 100 catches 1,500 yards and 10+ touchdowns. Very nice. 

And if the games ended at half time the Raiders would have the number 1 seed. However JMD could not produce offense in the second half that’s a big problem. It’s like he got figured out, it makes me worried that next season DCs might have his number. JMD feels like he thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room these types rarely change. 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If the offense was so impressive then why did DC get benched. Make it make sense. DC was screwed, a couple bad games in a new system and he’s gone. Even if we get Brady, we have no chance until we improve the Defense. OL overachieved and is average at best. You know the defense is trash when teams are mocking us by running in circles. Our defense is a joke, and a laughing stock around the league. But let’s blame everything in DC who actually showed up. Between Mcdaniels getting out coached every week with in game adjustments, and that pathetic defense 

You back from your break already?

To "make it make sense" ..... Carr was was playing small in the pocket, not letting plays develop and missing wide open WRs. Go follow anyone who breaks down film for a living on Carr. The tape don't lie. 

He wasn't a fit and not worth risking injury and having to pay.

Nobody is blaming everything on Carr. He's was far from the only problem. But he was not the solution and he's proved that for 9 years now. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 4