Week 6: NY Jets vs GB Packers

Bobby816

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

For whom?

I was thinking for a pick, but I'd take Rudy Ford or one of their LTs (Nijman or Walker). Becton and Mitchell are the only 2 we know will be back next year and we may not be picking in the range where we could land a day 1 starting rookie LT. 

33 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I was thinking for a pick, but I'd take Rudy Ford or one of their LTs (Nijman or Walker). Becton and Mitchell are the only 2 we know will be back next year and we may not be picking in the range where we could land a day 1 starting rookie LT. 

Brown and AVT (if the Jets want to use him at OT) are also under contract for next year.  Mitchell - RT, Herbig RG, new OC, AVT LG, and Brown LT may not be too bad. 

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Brown and AVT (if the Jets want to use him at OT) are also under contract for next year.  Mitchell - RT, Herbig RG, new OC, AVT LG, and Brown LT may not be too bad. 

Ya we aren’t exactly hurting bad on the OL with starters going into next year. Just a lot of question marks. Can’t expect anything really out of Becton as a starter. Can hope he can play. Can’t rely on it after back to back season ending injuries and his care for the game in question. Mitchell’s 1st fee games might be the only one he starts in this season. So what we saw might be all we know. We know AVT can play anywhere we need. Herbig is holding his own actually. And Brown could hang it up after this season. So can’t exactly rely on him. But who knows. Really all I want is to not be tricked into paying Fant. I’d rather risk starting Becton than pay Fant.

4 hours ago, xrade said:

It really isn't a depth move, it's LT competition for next year. Brown is 37 and some around the organization thought he was going to retire when he got hurt. He's only playing because he didn't want to end his career with an injury. AVT is a good but we know he's not going to stay at OT.  He's playing tackle so we don't have to start McDermott. Fant's contract is coming up and he's going to be 32. Mitchell wasn't great but he was developing at RT. Becton can't even stay healthy enough for us to determine what he is. 

I'm not just thinking about this season. We don't actually have a LT we know for a fact will be here next year. We just have some guys we have to pull from other positions in a emergency situation. So I'm not against trading a player that has no impact on this team for a LT that could help us now, or compete next year and possibly start if the rookie isn't ready. 

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

It really isn't a depth move, it's LT competition for next year. Brown is 37 and some around the organization thought he was going to retire when he got hurt. He's only playing because he didn't want to end his career with an injury. AVT is a good but we know he's not going to stay at OT.  He's playing tackle so we don't have to start McDermott. Fant's contract is coming up and he's going to be 32. Mitchell wasn't great but he was developing at RT. Becton can't even stay healthy enough for us to determine what he is. 

I'm not just thinking about this season. We don't actually have a LT we know for a fact will be here next year. We just have some guys we have to pull from other positions in a emergency situation. So I'm not against trading a player that has no impact on this team for a LT that could help us now, or compete next year and possibly start if the rookie isn't ready. 

There’s no reason the idea of switching AVT to a full time OT should be out of the question. It should 100% be on the table.

• Like 1

I think the Jets cannot overthink this game. Is it important? Yes. Will it define who they are as a team if they lose? No. 

We have seen the Jets win games they should have lost and could very easily be 0-5. Instead they are 3-2. 

Have the Jets played a complete game from quarters 1-4 yet? No, but they have shown a resiliency and play to the end.

The Jets have some positives going into this game. I believe they have the edge at CB and will shut down the Packers long game.

The Jets OL has played better the last 2 games they it has the beginning of the season, which translates to a better run game. 

Zac still hasn't had a Zac game, Moore hasn't had a Moore type game, and  WR Wilson should be getting more involved in the offense.

If the D line plays up to its potential and can camp out in the backfield it will add up to a win for the Jets. My hope is the Jets win 30-17.

Green Bay IMHO just is not the team it was 2 years ago and perhaps Rodgers is showing signs of overstaying his career by another year. 

In any case, the Jets have a good opportunity to take home a victory. In fact the Jets have an opportunity before playing the Bills to have 6 victories

before that contest. Being 6-4 at the bye would be great 7-3 would be better.