Game six postmortem - get the shovel out and dig this team a grave.

Old Guy

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Every week he has some new reason to add in on why it isn't any of Aaron's fault. It's kind of impressive. 

We're clearly not running a true ******* vision of what MLF wants to do, some of it is personnel, sure, plenty of it is Aaron can't get right. OL making too many just stupid mistakes on top of not being good.

If Love was playing all year, I'm not saying we would be better, but the way we play I guarantee would look much different. 

MLF certainly isn't going to walk up to Love on plays and say "you wanna pass or run?" He's gonna say "give the ball to 33 and shut up" because he doesn't have to walk on egg shells around 10. One wrong word and the pissy pants would threaten retirement on the spot. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Very possible.  Propped up by 2 seasons of MVP level QB play.  How much is MFL not being good vs Rodgers switching to pass heavy at the LOS?

The execution has sucked, but the biggest isue for me is still the feeling that LaFleur is trying to take this personnel and turn us into the Niners. We don't have that team though. We don't have a physical OL, we don't have a game changer at TE , we don't have a Deebo. We literally aren't built to play that way but our offense is now one where we want to run the ball first and pass off the run. You're going to need to make a lot more changes than just getting rid of Rodgers to make that offense successful IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

MLF certainly isn't going to walk up to Love on plays and say "you wanna pass or run?" He's gonna say "give the ball to 33 and shut up" because he doesn't have to walk on egg shells around 10. One wrong word and the pissy pants would threaten retirement on the spot. 

LMAO. Yes, I'm sure that's how it goes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You act like the Texas' offense wasn't effective with Hudson Card at QB.  Card went 70-102 (68.6%), 899 passing yards (8.8 YPA), 6 TD, and 1 INT in relief of Ewers.  Ewers is 63-93 (67.7%), 820 yards (8.8 YPA), 9 TD, and 2 INT.  Those are damn near identical stats.  The only common denominator between the two of them is Bijan Robinson.  Sure, Bijan Robinson isn't the one making the throws.  He's not the one manipulating the pocket or making progressions.  But he's the one that the defenses are constantly aware of.  It's been the Bijan Robinson-offense since last year.

I'm not acting like anything. I'm not looking at the stats. I'm watching the player. Hudson Card can't do half of what Ewers does. You're not reading what's being put down, you're seeing things through your bias lol. Watch the details, not the stats. 

I don't see you taking a single ******* thing away from Williams for playing with absurdly talented players so why do it with Ewers? Play both sides of the coin, not the one you want to play.

Well the Niners got beat up by the Falcons, the Bucs got beat by the Steelers, it seems like the Vikings and Eagles are the cream, and they just aren't that good. We can still turn this around. We just can't have a record that turns OBJ off by the time he can play. Remember what happened the last time Chicago won the division?

Edited by oldmansmell
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I too love fan-fiction

This is a seriously talented team with zero edge in the personality department.

It is not a good team, but with one addition, the talent could make it a late bloomer.

This team either fails to reach the playoffs or becomes the scariest team in the league come that time. No I’m between.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Lots of bad out there today. Can't remember the OL ****ting the bed this bad in a while.

Who's starting the "Fire Bisaccia" thread? 

This is why I dont think we have a shot this year. Our oline is not playing well. OT was a top need in the draft and I know the board didnt fall well but we didnt address it. Bak isnt going to back to his old form. We need to start rebuilding this team with the oline and QB. 

• Like 1