Game six postmortem - get the shovel out and dig this team a grave.

Old Guy

1 minute ago, GHARMON9 said:

As a former defensive player I'm so used to having our offense **** the bed... From high school to d3, it was the same thing. I guess that's why I get upset at seeing people crap on the defense after damn near pitching a shut out for multiple haves a game...  This forum acts like other teams aren't supposed to score at all which shows tells me most people here don't watch anybody else but the packers.. Our defense can be MUCH worse and we have a bottom 5 offense. 

I think part of it is that, with all they invested on that side of the ball, the expectation was that they'd be a straight up dominant unit. They haven't really been tested too much so far this early in the season but the overall package has been kind of underwhelming IMO. They'll have great stretches, then completely implode, and this is against pretty pedestrian offenses for the most part.

There's no doubt though that the offense has been the biggest failure. I think any logical fan expected growing pains but they have been absolutely terrible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think LaFleur might be a fraud. In fact, we are running "his offense" way more this year than any year prior with Adams gone, and we suck. Some of that is on the execution for sure but this concept that LaFleur is an offensive mastermind is a fallacy. 

Give us a chance to find that out as well. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think LaFleur might be a fraud. In fact, we are running "his offense" way more this year than any year prior with Adams gone, and we suck. Some of that is on the execution for sure but this concept that LaFleur is an offensive mastermind is a fallacy. 

Are we though?  Maybe it's selective memory, but it feels like the Packers' offense has had more deep passes than usual.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, I'm curious to see what that next jump is especially without Bijan Robinson.  But I think you'd be lying to yourself if you weren't willing to admit that the offense runs behind Bijan Robinson, not Quinn Ewers.  Next year, we're going to see how good Ewers really is without Robinson.  And TBH, I thought Caleb Williams would have done more for his draft stock without Lincoln Riley than with him.  If he could play at at that elite level with one of the best offensive minds in CFB, there would have been little doubt he would be the #1 pick.

Bijan Robinson isn't making the throws. Robinson isn't manipulating the pocket, making the progressions and putting the ball on a tee for his receivers. You're minimizing Ewers and maximizing Robinson to the max extent. Would be like me saying "well, I'd love to see what Caleb Williams does without *insert any one of the ridiculous offensive talent that USC and Oklahoma has had*" to discredit him. 

Edited by beekay414

10 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yall are going to need a new hobby. Join me in the legendary RTS game, Age of Empires 2. Some would say it's better than any orgasm.

But for real though. This is bad football. Time to just put it on in the background and get some chores done or something. It'll be better for the mentals.

Better than bustin a nut

Also, nerd

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are we though?  Maybe it's selective memory, but it feels like the Packers' offense has had more deep passes than usual.

If you look at the offense year 1 vs this year ---- I'll bet you find little is the same --- for reasons no one can know. It sure wasn't all flats and fades the previous years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Those are being forced by the defense though. Even LaFleur talked about this. Defenses have ZERO respect for our offense right now especially on the perimeter. The narrative used to be "don't you dare blitz Rodgers." Right now, it's open season and we aren't hitting teams over the top. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

I can't find an actual number of deep passes attempted, but the efficiency is in the toilet compared to last year:

Aaron Rodgers All Qb-grid Chart

Aaron Rodgers All Qb-grid Chart

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yall are going to need a new hobby. Join me in the legendary RTS game, Age of Empires 2. Some would say it's better than any orgasm.

But for real though. This is bad football. Time to just put it on in the background and get some chores done or something. It'll be better for the mentals.

Woo loo loo.

• Like 1